hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 67

Thread: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (aka dark souls lite with permadeath)

  1. #41
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    Yahtzee hasn't been funny or interesting in years, Razor keeps linking him on every game as though he's an actual game critic or something retarded.

  2. #42
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Yahtzee hasn't been funny or interesting in years, Razor keeps linking him on every game as though he's an actual game critic or something retarded.
    neither have you, but you're still posting.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,048
    Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

    He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

    He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Also he stole a joke from me once which I liked.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

    He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    But is he?

  6. #46
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,910
    This game is quite the rush.

  7. #47
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,489
    By all accounts it should be the kind of console trash that i usually despise but the art direction, voiceover and, uhhh, screenplay are just phenomenal.

  8. #48
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,910
    Ugh, so Surtr is a fucking joke. I did the Valravn first (because left door before right door) and died a dozen times. This guy on the other hand...


  9. #49
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Ugh, so Surtr is a fucking joke. I did the Valravn first (because left door before right door) and died a dozen times. This guy on the other hand...

    Listen to the voices, they tell you what and when to do it.

  10. #50

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

    Listen to the voices, they tell you what and when to do it.
    Said somebody to someone suffering from auditory hallucinations for the first time ever..

  11. #51
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,910
    The voices are 50/50 helpful / harmful + distracting though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #52
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    note she's Celtic, but it's set in the Nordic mythology, i was a bit miffed at the trailers initially because of the clash between her choice of dress and decor and Nordic mythology, not enough curvy bits basically.

    looks excellent from the trailers, expecting it to arrive in the humble-bundle in a couple of months, but i am tempted to pick it up.
    Yea I am wondering about that myself and I think it's answered in the story. There are hints at the beginning of the game that she's a Celt but a lot of her family and friends hate the Nords (understandably I suppose, since they did try the pillage and rape thing). This makes me think the person she's saving from Hel is a Nord lover.
    Except when the Vikings started raiding the British isles the Celts where Romanized a long time ago and largely converted to the catholic religion.

    Also as Liare said, Norse != Nords. The land to the north of the Viking settlements (Bjarmeland as the Vikings refered to it as) was a place even the Vikings wanted to avoid.
    it's a bid odd, but i dont think we're looking at a straight viking age setting here despite the marketing blurbs, more a migration period setting meaning she's probably Irish and pagan. think 300-700 AD, Norse mythology and norse trading and raiding traditions pre-date what we know as the viking age today, it's simply that the population growth of that era coupled with some technological development necessitated the tactics and methods history portray, the two periods are quite closely interlinked in the minds of most people so it propably makes sense to go "VIKINGS! NORSE MYTHOLOGY!" and so forth despite having a slightly earlier setting.

    the long-ship dates back to at least 350 BC.
    Couldn't she be pictish? They share most celtic imagery but are in the correct period

  13. #53
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,727
    In my mind she already is. Celts didn't paint themself blue, picts did.

  14. #54
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Ugh, so Surtr is a fucking joke. I did the Valravn first (because left door before right door) and died a dozen times. This guy on the other hand...

    Listen to the voices, they tell you what and when to do it.
    Seriously? They did the capoeira thing? That's kind of awesome.

  15. #55
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

    He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    See if you can and willing to work.

  16. #56
    Venec's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Europe's Mexico - Poland
    Posts
    5,211
    Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

    Will deffo get it someday just to support the devs.

  17. #57
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

    Will deffo get it someday just to support the devs.
    I tried playing it instead. Wasn't as fun as I'd expected. Buggy doors and very strange pacing. Short but not intense fights with looooooong parts of looking for runes inbetween.

  18. #58
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

    Will deffo get it someday just to support the devs.
    I tried playing it instead. Wasn't as fun as I'd expected. Buggy doors and very strange pacing. Short but not intense fights with looooooong parts of looking for runes inbetween.
    I view it in the same way I see SOMA

    Visually excellent walking simulator with tacked on gameplay

    it's still an excellent game and I hope the devs keep it up

  19. #59
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

    Will deffo get it someday just to support the devs.
    I tried playing it instead. Wasn't as fun as I'd expected. Buggy doors and very strange pacing. Short but not intense fights with looooooong parts of looking for runes inbetween.
    It picks up after surtr&valravn tbh.

  20. #60
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    1,735
    So whats the verdict? Spend the money to support the devs or wait for humble bundle?

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •