hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (aka dark souls lite with permadeath)

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Yahtzee hasn't been funny or interesting in years, Razor keeps linking him on every game as though he's an actual game critic or something retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Yahtzee hasn't been funny or interesting in years, Razor keeps linking him on every game as though he's an actual game critic or something retarded.
    neither have you, but you're still posting.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yahtzee is alright as a critic if your tastes align with his, bust honestly his taste is so specific and often weird I can't see many people fitting.

He was (and I'm sure still is) hilarious when shitting on a terrible game but when they're not it always felt... Strained.

Also he stole a joke from me once which I liked.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

But is he?

This game is quite the rush.

By all accounts it should be the kind of console trash that i usually despise but the art direction, voiceover and, uhhh, screenplay are just phenomenal.

Ugh, so Surtr is a fucking joke. I did the Valravn first (because left door before right door) and died a dozen times. This guy on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Ugh, so Surtr is a fucking joke. I did the Valravn first (because left door before right door) and died a dozen times. This guy on the other hand...

Listen to the voices, they tell you what and when to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Said somebody to someone suffering from auditory hallucinations for the first time ever..

The voices are 50/50 helpful / harmful + distracting though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    note she's Celtic, but it's set in the Nordic mythology, i was a bit miffed at the trailers initially because of the clash between her choice of dress and decor and Nordic mythology, not enough curvy bits basically.

looks excellent from the trailers, expecting it to arrive in the humble-bundle in a couple of months, but i am tempted to pick it up.
    Yea I am wondering about that myself and I think it's answered in the story. There are hints at the beginning of the game that she's a Celt but a lot of her family and friends hate the Nords (understandably I suppose, since they did try the pillage and rape thing). This makes me think the person she's saving from Hel is a Nord lover.
    Except when the Vikings started raiding the British isles the Celts where Romanized a long time ago and largely converted to the catholic religion.

Also as Liare said, Norse != Nords. The land to the north of the Viking settlements (Bjarmeland as the Vikings refered to it as) was a place even the Vikings wanted to avoid.
    it's a bid odd, but i dont think we're looking at a straight viking age setting here despite the marketing blurbs, more a migration period setting meaning she's probably Irish and pagan. think 300-700 AD, Norse mythology and norse trading and raiding traditions pre-date what we know as the viking age today, it's simply that the population growth of that era coupled with some technological development necessitated the tactics and methods history portray, the two periods are quite closely interlinked in the minds of most people so it propably makes sense to go "VIKINGS! NORSE MYTHOLOGY!" and so forth despite having a slightly earlier setting.

the long-ship dates back to at least 350 BC.
    Couldn't she be pictish? They share most celtic imagery but are in the correct period

In my mind she already is. Celts didn't paint themself blue, picts did.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Seriously? They did the capoeira thing? That's kind of awesome.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

See if you can and willing to work.

Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

Will deffo get it someday just to support the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Watched a stream of this. Couldn't last remember when a game envoked so much feelings in me.

I tried playing it instead. Wasn't as fun as I'd expected. Buggy doors and very strange pacing. Short but not intense fights with looooooong parts of looking for runes inbetween.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

I tried playing it instead. Wasn't as fun as I'd expected. Buggy doors and very strange pacing. Short but not intense fights with looooooong parts of looking for runes inbetween.
    I view it in the same way I see SOMA

Visually excellent walking simulator with tacked on gameplay

it's still an excellent game and I hope the devs keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

It picks up after surtr&valravn tbh.

So whats the verdict? Spend the money to support the devs or wait for humble bundle?