hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    That's some NLP stuff right there.

Let me throw a wrench into that. Being whiney in internet spaceship forums isn't a reflection on how I am day to day.
    It is still a reflection of your thought processes, albeit at a particular moment in time when you need to vent.

You can't expect people you interact with to reciprocate, that's simply unfair. Everyone has agency, the trick is finding someone compatible. The reason I said it sounds like a teens diary is because you apparently want people to change the way they express affection/act in a relationship instead of just finding someone who does it naturally and is therefore compatible with you.

Why were you investing emotional energy into someone in a relationship? What made that seem like a good use of your time and effort? It's a two way street, if she's taken and not showing signs of budging you need to let go of any expectations you have. There's fucking loads of women out there without such massive obstacles in the way.
    P much nailed it with the need to vent I think it is more of a self awareness check into exactly why you described, finding compatible people.

I was not investing emotional energy into somebody in a relationship. Did it once, learned my lesson. Was just a bit of musings on "that could have been cool but...", that's all.

Expectations are a bitch generally, in particular I found out it's even worse. So being hard at work in dropping expectations until those are actually warranted. It isn't easy but it has nice results.

I do write like a teenage girl sometimes, I should write some books and cash in on the general emo trend c/d :3

Duckslayer deserves reps ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Your posting here because you need to vent and don't care probably reflects your actual thoughts a lot more than whatever you act in real life as tbh.

We've been over this before in this very thread actually with you iirc.

Work on yourself, find compatible people, don't sound like a teenager if at all possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Colleague yesterday rambling that the more you give, the more you receive yada yada, I'm complete poker face and that's not how it works irl, but fuck me what do I know :/

If you project positivity in your speech and actions, you will live in a more positive environment than if you project negativity. That is the closest thing to it, and I do believe and try to live by that. Also the closest thing to karma that I believe in.
    Except it doesn't work in general. It works for particular situations, rare as they are and that's it. Outside of that it's just adding in a shadow of regret when people invariably fuck you over. It won't stop them from doing that, though.

Source: for over 30 years I've been a fucking boy scout and I'm nowhere near receiving what I've offered and I don't mean in a material way. Maybe it's not really how it works and it's a bit more random than that, eh? Fact is I don't care anymore, if tomorrow I meet the perfect person and I get everything I'll probably not trust it to be genuine.

M8. M8. M8.

Slow down. Take a deep breath.

Being positive doesn't mean you just give everything and expect shit to be given to you in return, that's anything but and is prime "Nice guy" syndrome and as such bullshit.

It also doesn't mean bad shit never happens to you, expecting that is utterly ridiculous.

Is it really so unreasonable to think that not being a miserable tiresome cunt might have a positive effect on your life and relationships? I know right? For the record, I know all about being a miserable tiresome cunt as everyone knows well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I'm unsure where I seem to be distressed by this. It was just an insight, I'm over being bothered by it. As a side note, I don't expect anything from anyone in a good way, if anything I'm neutral, however experience taught me that bad shit is way more frequent than good shit.

I'm not being a miserable tiresome cunt. I have a smile for everybody coming and going in my life, doesn't matter. It's just that deep down it never is what I'd like it to be and it never becomes more.

An example of wish it was different but will never happen, I've met somebody few months back and she is great. We have lots in common, chemistry and what not, hobbies, we're getting along really great despite not being the same nationality (this is a lot harder irl than it may seem, getting along well despite cultural differences and what not). But we could never actually ever start a relationship because she's embedded in one for years albeit she doesn't seem to be happy in it I couldn't barge in and set up shop (even though she frequently complained about the chap). It's something I don't like doing. But makes me think, if we don't pursue happiness where we may get it, what next? Is karma going to drop us a similar person later on in life because we were nice guys and didn't go for it?

Let me put it this way. I'm so jaded lately because about 13 years sunk in relationships have turned out sour because when I needed support and understanding I didn't get any even though I provided plenty. I know being a sourpuss about it isn't helping, but srsly fuck life and being nice. I can't be evil either though, example above given ^^ So it's probs going to just turn up ok eventually but I'm impatient lately for obvious reasons (I do have a cat but feel lonely increasingly often even with the purrs).

So no, it doesn't work that way, be nice and it'll be nice for you. Psychologically and physically it may be (endorphins, etc), however it's a lie. It's mostly random when you draw a line, you can do your best and still get fucked royally and you can do nothing at all and yield impressing results (the latter being the more baffling imho).

Sometimes you have to be a bit of a cunt and just fucking look after yourself. You know, the way a squeeze of lemon can make things taste nice, even if a glass of lemon juice would be horribly sour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

So on Friday I had a complete breakdown at work, brought about by days and days of not sleeping properly due to stress. I came home, went to bed around 9 and actually got a full 8 hours. Same again last night but I'm still fucking exhausted.

I always used to be p.good at managing sleep pattern, but over the last 8 weeks or so I have completely fucked it.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Pulling an all-nighter will affect you for the next 6 weeks, even with moderate attempts to compensate.

I imagine similar effects for poor sleep, too. (edit: yep. source) I know once I got treatment for my sleep issue, I started feeling like I had a lot more energy.
    Last edited by Sponk; January 7 2018 at 12:49:31 PM.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    So on Friday I had a complete breakdown at work, brought about by days and days of not sleeping properly due to stress. I came home, went to bed around 9 and actually got a full 8 hours. Same again last night but I'm still fucking exhausted.

I always used to be p.good at managing sleep pattern, but over the last 8 weeks or so I have completely fucked it.
    I did that for about 2 years, constantly feeling run down even after the few times I got a full nights sleep. went on sleeping meds for a month and it's been a complete 180 in how I feel day to day tbh

i'll take what are regular sleeping patterns for 500 Jim

also everyone should eat more acid
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

2018 is off to a good start. Grandpop dies. The day before the funeral find out my other granddad is in the ICU with blood clots in his lungs one big enough to press on his heart. Also found out my aunt and uncle who have been together for 20+ years have sudden split.

Good times

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i love you fhc, never change

Quote Originally Posted by Daco View Post
    2018 is off to a good start. Grandpop dies. The day before the funeral find out my other granddad is in the ICU with blood clots in his lungs one big enough to press on his heart. Also found out my aunt and uncle who have been together for 20+ years have sudden split.

Good times
    Shit, sorry man, sounds awful.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Daco View Post

Good times
    rough times fam hope it doesn't get worse

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting