hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 233031323334353643 ... LastLast

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Colleague yesterday rambling that the more you give, the more you receive yada yada, I'm complete poker face and that's not how it works irl, but fuck me what do I know :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Colleague yesterday rambling that the more you give, the more you receive yada yada, I'm complete poker face and that's not how it works irl, but fuck me what do I know :/

If you project positivity in your speech and actions, you will live in a more positive environment than if you project negativity. That is the closest thing to it, and I do believe and try to live by that. Also the closest thing to karma that I believe in.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

If you project positivity in your speech and actions, you will live in a more positive environment than if you project negativity. That is the closest thing to it, and I do believe and try to live by that. Also the closest thing to karma that I believe in.
    Except it doesn't work in general. It works for particular situations, rare as they are and that's it. Outside of that it's just adding in a shadow of regret when people invariably fuck you over. It won't stop them from doing that, though.

Source: for over 30 years I've been a fucking boy scout and I'm nowhere near receiving what I've offered and I don't mean in a material way. Maybe it's not really how it works and it's a bit more random than that, eh? Fact is I don't care anymore, if tomorrow I meet the perfect person and I get everything I'll probably not trust it to be genuine.

Banned
    i think the key thing to remember in these situations is this

also im pretty emo i cant even see my own posted pics, as well as anything else in [ ] tags. No ad blocker on here. Works fine on tapatalk but in firefox no pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

also im pretty emo i cant even see my own posted pics, as well as anything else in [ ] tags. No ad blocker on here. Works fine on tapatalk but in firefox no pics.
    Pic didn't load for me either :emo
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Banned

Pic didn't load for me either :emo
    le test

i may have posted an .mp4 as an image

Except it doesn't work in general. It works for particular situations, rare as they are and that's it. Outside of that it's just adding in a shadow of regret when people invariably fuck you over. It won't stop them from doing that, though.

Source: for over 30 years I've been a fucking boy scout and I'm nowhere near receiving what I've offered and I don't mean in a material way. Maybe it's not really how it works and it's a bit more random than that, eh? Fact is I don't care anymore, if tomorrow I meet the perfect person and I get everything I'll probably not trust it to be genuine.

M8. M8. M8.

Slow down. Take a deep breath.

Being positive doesn't mean you just give everything and expect shit to be given to you in return, that's anything but and is prime "Nice guy" syndrome and as such bullshit.

It also doesn't mean bad shit never happens to you, expecting that is utterly ridiculous.

Is it really so unreasonable to think that not being a miserable tiresome cunt might have a positive effect on your life and relationships? I know right? For the record, I know all about being a miserable tiresome cunt as everyone knows well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; January 3 2018 at 11:32:23 PM.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i! i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i! i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

M8. M8. M8.

Slow down. Take a deep breath.

Being positive doesn't mean you just give everything and expect shit to be given to you in return, that's anything but and is prime "Nice guy" syndrome and as such bullshit.

It also doesn't mean bad shit never happens to you, expecting that is utterly ridiculous.

Is it really so unreasonable to think that not being a miserable tiresome cunt might have a positive effect on your life and relationships? I know right? For the record, I know all about being a miserable tiresome cunt as everyone knows well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I'm unsure where I seem to be distressed by this. It was just an insight, I'm over being bothered by it. As a side note, I don't expect anything from anyone in a good way, if anything I'm neutral, however experience taught me that bad shit is way more frequent than good shit.

I'm not being a miserable tiresome cunt. I have a smile for everybody coming and going in my life, doesn't matter. It's just that deep down it never is what I'd like it to be and it never becomes more.

An example of wish it was different but will never happen, I've met somebody few months back and she is great. We have lots in common, chemistry and what not, hobbies, we're getting along really great despite not being the same nationality (this is a lot harder irl than it may seem, getting along well despite cultural differences and what not). But we could never actually ever start a relationship because she's embedded in one for years albeit she doesn't seem to be happy in it I couldn't barge in and set up shop (even though she frequently complained about the chap). It's something I don't like doing. But makes me think, if we don't pursue happiness where we may get it, what next? Is karma going to drop us a similar person later on in life because we were nice guys and didn't go for it?

Let me put it this way. I'm so jaded lately because about 13 years sunk in relationships have turned out sour because when I needed support and understanding I didn't get any even though I provided plenty. I know being a sourpuss about it isn't helping, but srsly fuck life and being nice. I can't be evil either though, example above given ^^ So it's probs going to just turn up ok eventually but I'm impatient lately for obvious reasons (I do have a cat but feel lonely increasingly often even with the purrs).

So no, it doesn't work that way, be nice and it'll be nice for you. Psychologically and physically it may be (endorphins, etc), however it's a lie. It's mostly random when you draw a line, you can do your best and still get fucked royally and you can do nothing at all and yield impressing results (the latter being the more baffling imho).

Reads like a 17 year old's diary entry mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Being positive and being nice are not the same thing. People like positive people, so use that to your advantage while concentrating on getting what you want.

Being a freindzoned emotional tampon for a woman who is clearly still enjoying her mans dick, is also not the same thing as being positive. Being positive in that situation would be remembering that there are around 4 billion women on the planet and heading out to find another with a smile on your face and a polite goodbye to the woman that is using you.

People respect people who know what they want and chase it with confidence and passion without allowing their actions to be suborned by others, while always maintaining enough self discipline to drop a loosing situation and move onto other opportunities.

Self respect, confidence, passion about what you do and a positive outlook are how you win at life and will result in other people liking/respecting you without any actual direct effort on your part. Don't be a nice guy that acts like a doormat in a desperate need to get people to like you.

Learn the difference.
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; January 4 2018 at 07:50:04 AM.

That's some NLP stuff right there.

Let me throw a wrench into that. Being whiney in internet spaceship forums isn't a reflection on how I am day to day. Exuding confidence is a learned skill, after all. Self respect has been discussed as nauseam with multiple therapists and we all came to the conclusion it isn't lacking. Passion gets dulled over time regardless of what it's about if you don't realise in time that everything in this life takes effort and welcoming effort with a smile on your face and enjoying the ride are part of it.

Being a doormat isn't what this has been about. If you classify being there for your so regardless of what the issue is as being a doormat - I got nothing.

People truthfully respect few things in this life. The above are only respected by a really tiny number in the grand scheme of things. I see it in colleagues, "clients", friends, acquaintances. In the end it comes down to being selective to whom you allow close, but being selective is difficult in some situations, where you take the good with the bad and carry on.

I agree with the difference you mention. Didn't apply to what I recounted, but it's good advice nonetheless ^^

Btw, being positive is good (unless it's HIV), however the way I see it lately being neutral is being positive without expectations and is slightly better in handling disappointment.

Your gonna have to help me out here, because to me NLP is natural language processing.

mangler pseudo science bullshittery

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuro-...ic_programming
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

That's some NLP stuff right there.

Let me throw a wrench into that. Being whiney in internet spaceship forums isn't a reflection on how I am day to day.
    It is still a reflection of your thought processes, albeit at a particular moment in time when you need to vent.

You can't expect people you interact with to reciprocate, that's simply unfair. Everyone has agency, the trick is finding someone compatible. The reason I said it sounds like a teens diary is because you apparently want people to change the way they express affection/act in a relationship instead of just finding someone who does it naturally and is therefore compatible with you.

Why were you investing emotional energy into someone in a relationship? What made that seem like a good use of your time and effort? It's a two way street, if she's taken and not showing signs of budging you need to let go of any expectations you have. There's fucking loads of women out there without such massive obstacles in the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Banned
    massive obstacles are the first thing i look for in a woman

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as

Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Posting

Derpin from Chinaphone
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    massive obstacles are the first thing i look for in a woman
    hue

duckslayer killin' it yet again
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.