hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 222930313233343542 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1047

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

  1. #621
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,973
    Doing something for work that you do in your free time is often a way to ruin that enjoyment. I've worked in IT for years now and it's only the last year or so that I've started to enjoy doing more than just playing games on computers.

  2. #622

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Big ups to you xeno to taking the initiative to get out there, I think this will be a hugely positive move for you. However without trying to dissuade you, I would caution you against setting your sights on game design right out of the gate. It is a highly competitive field, the hours are bonkers and the pay isn't great. Unless game design is a great passion for you already, that you have been working on homebrew games or mods etc, you should focus on getting your core curriculum out of the way and really ask your self what about game design actually appeals to you? Is it the design? The coding? The story telling? Find out what drives you and focus on that, because it will result in a more refined skill set and open up significantly more avenues for you to pursue as well as keeping game design as an option if that is truly what you want to do.

    Again I don't say this to dissuade you from doing it, but as someone who was truly convinced that game design was going to be my future; but soon realized that my passion is actually designing and creating things which lead down a different path with greater, more varied, and more lucrative opportunities. You're just starting your journey so there is no need to box yourself into any particular path until you know which way you want to go.
    This. I also did something similar in job terms and quickly realised it was a mistake.
    The games industry as a whole has a terrible rep for hours/pay/job security and it's mostly justified. Yes there are some exceptions, but on the whole it's a harder work for less reward compared to similar positions in more "boring" sectors of development.

    So definitely have a good long think about why you want to get into games development. If it's because you really want to work on games then great, go for it.
    However if it's mainly because you like playing games and this seems like a related thing, give it a wide berth and do something more boring. Odds are you'll end up having more free time and money to spend playing games that way...
    Back when i did my stint in IT at Uni I've met many types who got into it just because of games.

    Pretty much none of them lasted, or decided it wasn't worth it. You can be vastly more successful with less effort in most other fields of IT from what I understand, it truly is a thankless job so unless you already have a passion for making games and are constantly tinkering on your own shit in your free time I'd strongly suggest you don't.

  3. #623
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,977
    Hush Isyel he might actually have a shot in turning EVE into good again when he is done in 3 or 4 years.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  4. #624
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Hush Isyel he might actually have a shot in turning EVE into good again when he is done in 3 or 4 years.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Why on earth would I do that? I already lost 5 years of my life to that terrible game

  5. #625

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    5,017
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Hush Isyel he might actually have a shot in turning EVE into good again when he is done in 3 or 4 years.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Why on earth would I do that? I already lost 5 years of my life to that terrible game
    To make money by stealing other peoples lives.

    Game design 101.

  6. #626
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    4,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Hush Isyel he might actually have a shot in turning EVE into good again when he is done in 3 or 4 years.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Why on earth would I do that? I already lost 5 years of my life to that terrible game
    To make money by stealing other peoples lives.

    Game design 101.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...on-go-in-japan

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-pr...ons-1509433263

    I think Grand Order already won that competition

    $1.2 million daily revenue wewlad
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; December 30 2017 at 08:53:21 PM.

  7. #627
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,977
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Hush Isyel he might actually have a shot in turning EVE into good again when he is done in 3 or 4 years.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Why on earth would I do that? I already lost 5 years of my life to that terrible game
    Emotional sunk cost fallacy? Its why i seem to go back every 4 or 5 years or so. ...ill be the guy in the corner crying.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  8. #628
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,479
    Happy new year. May the future be less broken than the one we leave behind.

  9. #629
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Mate who knows how women really think, my ex used to play coy a lot then ask why I wasn't responding to her overtures... Some women give signals so weak that Voyager does a better job of it.
    Dis.

    Jolin, let it go imho.
    Just to give a short update, she followed up the Christmas greetings with 2 messages on New Years. One was "I want to thank everyone who made me smile this year and you were one of them so thank you" and the other was a Happy New Years.

    I wished her a Happy New Year's and left it at that. At this point I have no idea what she wants from me and I'm starting to wish she would leave me alone if she has no interest besides sending me random holiday wishes.

  10. #630
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    16,590
    Those are send to all msg type deal


    Sent from my iPhtapa
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  11. #631

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Those are send to all msg type deal


    Sent from my iPhtapa
    ^^

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  12. #632
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Those are send to all msg type deal


    Sent from my iPhtapa
    ^^

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    ^

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  13. #633
    King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Navi Mumbai
    Posts
    5,479
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.

    I don't know about you, but if I broke up with someone after they try to propose to you, I wouldn't be *choosing* to send them christmas/new years/whatever greetings. it's too weird.......for me anyway.

  14. #634
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    There isn't but there is copy paste.

    Don't look too much into it imho. Or do. You can't lose anything but time and dignity


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  15. #635
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    14,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.
    Broadcast function, sends the same message to each person you chose from your contacts.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  16. #636
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.

    I don't know about you, but if I broke up with someone after they try to propose to you, I wouldn't be *choosing* to send them christmas/new years/whatever greetings. it's too weird.......for me anyway.
    woah yeah youre roight man you should definitely ring her and tell her you lobve her and you should get back together. The signs are well strong. GO FOR IT


    You fucking lemon

  17. #637
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,001
    🤣


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  18. #638
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.

    I don't know about you, but if I broke up with someone after they try to propose to you, I wouldn't be *choosing* to send them christmas/new years/whatever greetings. it's too weird.......for me anyway.
    woah yeah youre roight man you should definitely ring her and tell her you lobve her and you should get back together. The signs are well strong. GO FOR IT


    You fucking lemon
    Muh emo thread safe space!
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  19. #639
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    980
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.

    I don't know about you, but if I broke up with someone after they try to propose to you, I wouldn't be *choosing* to send them christmas/new years/whatever greetings. it's too weird.......for me anyway.
    woah yeah youre roight man you should definitely ring her and tell her you lobve her and you should get back together. The signs are well strong. GO FOR IT


    You fucking lemon
    Muh emo thread safe space!
    Everyone told him "nah mate its a fuckign trap" and hes all like "but those spikes look like they might feel nice up my bum i should go for it RIGHT GUYS?" and everyone is like NO MATE ITS A MASSIVE SHARP SPIKE ITLL RUPTURE YOUR BUM TUBE

    So i thought id cut through the niceties and hope it* gets embedded

    *the message, not the spike
    Actually i hope im wrong. Ideally he gets onto her, she is like "FINALLY YOU TOOK THE HINT LOVER" and they moonwalk into the sun forever happy. But come the fuck on.

  20. #640
    NoirAvlaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, laaaa
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    There is no send to all/select all option in whatsapp, so she would had to consciously include me while selecting the 50 other people she was forwarding the message to.

    I don't know about you, but if I broke up with someone after they try to propose to you, I wouldn't be *choosing* to send them christmas/new years/whatever greetings. it's too weird.......for me anyway.
    woah yeah youre roight man you should definitely ring her and tell her you lobve her and you should get back together. The signs are well strong. GO FOR IT


    You fucking lemon
    Muh emo thread safe space!
    Everyone told him "nah mate its a fuckign trap" and hes all like "but those spikes look like they might feel nice up my bum i should go for it RIGHT GUYS?" and everyone is like NO MATE ITS A MASSIVE SHARP SPIKE ITLL RUPTURE YOUR BUM TUBE

    So i thought id cut through the niceties and hope it* gets embedded

    *the message, not the spike
    Actually i hope im wrong. Ideally he gets onto her, she is like "FINALLY YOU TOOK THE HINT LOVER" and they moonwalk into the sun forever happy. But come the fuck on.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •