hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1618

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    house sorted (mostly, internet isn't working - shitposting via a phone hotspot)
    car sorted (bought one to run for 12 months, cash)

much happier place tonight. going to celebrate by having my first poo in my new place, going to sainsburys and getting a pizza and then getting blind drunk watching some shite tv.
    hav a gud poo m8
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Aunt passed away today.
    Condoleances

much happier place tonight. going to celebrate by having my first poo in my new place, going to sainsburys and getting a pizza and then getting blind drunk watching some shite tv.
    Enjoy, mate!
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Grats!

I thought "have poo" was always last on the to-do list though...
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Spread your poo around your lists for true elation

Hopefully this is ok to post here.

Our cat, Prince, died last night, we think he ate some mice that has been poisoned. He looked like he tried to come home and he just got tired and he went to sleep on the side of the house.

He's done it a few times in the last few months, caught him eating mice and been really sick and lethargic in the evenings. Maybe he got the wrong mouse and the dose was too high

We are devastated, he was more that any other cat we've had. My wife and daughter are taking it particularly tough. The lockdown has been tough on us all and he's been so loving and had so much character. Kept my wife company when I've had to travel. Just an all round good boy.

Hell he even played fetch with my daughter in the garden and would play hide and seek.

Here is a picture, I miss him so much

He was playing with us, sort of jump scare hid and seek game he loved.

Goodbye Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Hopefully this is ok to post here.

Our cat, Prince, died last night, we think he ate some mice that has been poisoned. He looked like he tried to come home and he just got tired and he went to sleep on the side of the house.

He's done it a few times in the last few months, caught him eating mice and been really sick and lethargic in the evenings. Maybe he got the wrong mouse and the dose was too high

We are devastated, he was more that any other cat we've had. My wife and daughter are taking it particularly tough. The lockdown has been tough on us all and he's been so loving and had so much character. Kept my wife company when I've had to travel. Just an all round good boy.

Hell he even played fetch with my daughter in the garden and would play hide and seek.

Here is a picture, I miss him so much

He was playing with us, sort of jump scare hid and seek game he loved.

Goodbye Prince.
    So sorry man, love cats that are fun like that, glad he had your family as his own for the time he was alive.

Sorry for your loss.

Lost my doggo over Christmas, shit sucks.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Thansk Guys. Its sad times in our house today

Good night, sweet Prince.

:brofist:

It's always sad to lose a family pet, sorry for your loss.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Really appreciate all the messages and rep comments! <3

Biggest of F's

RIP kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Biggest of F's

RIP kitty.
    My condolences.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Sirius is sad kitty. Youíre welcome to visit for a support cat. He looks a lot like our cat.

Many condolences.

Thanks Guys.

So after having moved countries and got lost in paperwork I managed to regain my right to practice only to having to deal with moron patients who are refusing to take medications because they know better. One example apparently people here are dissing Paracetamol because heck, they know it's shit. So they want to take Ibuprofen (the most expensive one) and other shitty combinations that incredibly contain Paracetamol (because lol).

I am effectively feeling I'm bashing my head against a wall because people are dumb as a bag of nails and I'm losing inordinate amounts of time trying to explain why I am prescribing a first line pain relief medication as a first line in the context that they don't have any contraindication to it and at the same time they have some contraindications to the crap they want to take - such as people with kidney problems insisting on taking ibuprofen for some reason unbeknownst to me.

Another example is patients pushing for the expensive drug (e.g. antibiotics) when I'm prescribing the ICD. Prescribing by ICD is considered best medical practice everywhere in the world, especially since the patient can fuck off to the Pharmacy and get whatever they get conned into getting by the pharmacist who has to sell an X amount of stuffs per week as long as it has the ICD-named drug I prescribed. But NO. They insist on me prescribing the commercial name of the drug on tones that are going way beyond bullying - and probably because in this country there is no way I can call security to kick them the fuck out because there is no security or they're busy trying to get the cunt in the S600 to move his battleship from the ambulance bay. I have no fucking clue where these people got their "knowledge" and ideas from, but the stubborness and entitlement are so high they'd be pulverised if they'd jump from that level down to the level of their actual knowledge.

Fuck.

Social media.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Give them the information they need to make a decision, then give them what they want. If they want to be cunts about it, whatever, that's on them; you gave them the information. Ultimately, it's their body and their health. You're there to offer help, not be their mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

It's what I usually do since that's how I learned to approach the profession and not burn out due to stupid. At the end of the day we're just advisors. At the same time, there's no more freedom given to the patient than prescribing the ICD and let them get scammed at the pharmacy. What I don't want is to put my practice ethics to the side because some dumbass heard something from a friend of a friend of a friend of his grandmother.

I had a chat with a few friends here and the aversion to paracetamol is easier to understand (overprescribed before communism fell for basically anything, either headache or cancer), unfortunately this goes hand in hand with deeper systemic issues that led to an endemic distrust of medical professionals. Feelsbadman.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Give them the information they need to make a decision, then give them what they want. If they want to be cunts about it, whatever, that's on them; you gave them the information. Ultimately, it's their body and their health. You're there to offer help, not be their mother.
    Yepp. Or how this man put it: