hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 317178798081
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1620

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Had to put one of my two cats down a week ago. She developed some kind of nerve issue. The really shitty and sad part is that the second, older cat has also been ill and I will more than likely need to put him down soon also. The younger cat getting suddenly ill and going away has made this shitty situation even more horrible. I fear the coming empty house without a furry friend.

Damn, sorry for your loss.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Dad died a few months ago. Me and him were working on a non profit, I think that's just a pipe dream now as he was really the impetus behind it all. So two great things died at the same time and I'm reorienting my life. The biggest upheaval I've ever had; I think it's one thing to have a parent die, but when they were your work life as well it's something else entirely when they're gone. I will probably never involve remaining family in work not because of any drama but because if/when they're no longer around it's too much of a change to deal with.
    Last edited by Spaztick; October 4 2021 at 09:33:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Dad died a few months ago. Me and him were working on a non profit, I think that's just a pipe dream now as he was really the impetus behind it all. So two great things died at the same time and I'm reorienting my life. The biggest upheaval I've ever had; I think it's one thing to have a parent die, but when they were your work life as well it's something else entirely when they're gone. I will probably never involve remaining family in work not because of any drama but because if/when they're no longer around it's too much of a change to deal with.
    So sorry for your loss

Very sorry to hear that, I hope you find the time and space to reorientate yourself.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    That really fucking sucks mate, so sorry to hear that.

Spaz <3

I can somewhat correlate, having worked with my dad for years through the few highs and many lows, some good times, lots of bad times.

The takeaway from this is that even if it hurts now, you had the experience of having a dad not only as a parent but also as a colleague and partner. Not many get that experience. I hope your memories and feels feed on the positives from that experience while it lasted.

Take care and :brofist:

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Had to put one of my two cats down a week ago. She developed some kind of nerve issue. The really shitty and sad part is that the second, older cat has also been ill and I will more than likely need to put him down soon also. The younger cat getting suddenly ill and going away has made this shitty situation even more horrible. I fear the coming empty house without a furry friend.
    Scheduled the final vet visit for the old gentleman for next Monday.

SooÖgot informed that a really old friend of mine got into a horrifying accident last weekend (from himself so thankfully he is still alive).
    But this was a nightmare fuel level of accident involving heavy machinery and sharp edges and I am honestly in shock, I cant get it out of my head.

I donít know how close it was to ending for real, but he lost his hand partly up his arm, part of a foot and leg and other things got mangled or torn badly.
    But, apparently and amazingly doctors managed to re-attach the hand (like WTF?!) over a 10hr surgery. I know its not super uncommon but even soÖ
    Donít know the state of function or what level of recovery is expected but he said its going to be year(s) to recover overall and likely needs to become a lefty.

While I donít want to think about it I cant stop. I want/need to know what the hell happened? I donít understand how it could have turned out that bad!
    Apparently it was a wood cleaver of some sort. I cant see how it was industrial sized machine and he likeÖfell or got pulled into it, or maybe it was but I donít see any reason for him to have or use one bigger than what you would have for taking care of a tree or two in your back yard. Hell Iíve used those and I really cant see how it could end up like that, its just a slow piston pushing against a metal edge (and not automatic, you have to push a button/handle). Not that you cant fuck up and hurt yourself badly there too but not at this level, I just cant see it.

I guess I might find out down the road, I didnít want to ask him details. I just ďyelledĒ at him that I would appreciate if he would stop losing life and limb like right fucking now!
    Wished him a speedy recovery and if there was anything I can do to help just to let me know.

He is an avid sailing guy, sailed across the Baltic sea once or twice, his current boat was picked up and sailed home from Germany I think. Its his thing as mine is fishing, and I donít know what I would do if I couldnít swing a rod anymore or hike the nature to get to that dream streamÖ Not saying he cant sail anymore, the automation is amazing these days but still, Iím sure its crossed his mind. Or more likely it will once this calms down a little bit. It doesnít and shouldnít matter now but we all know how we work as humans.
    Iím thinking of his wife and kids, I donít know if they were present. I hope they were not, I really do. Donít know where they were, who called paramedics or help out before they got there. But I want to give them a hug and my sincere gratitude.

Shit is just fucked up. Needed to vent a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Damn.

With regards to sailing: it is possible to sail with just one arm. Keith White did it first.

On a personal note:

I am sharing a house with three other guys, two who I have known for a few years now. One of them just got diagnosed with late stage gallbladder cancer. The cancer has already metastasized and the lymph nodes are already cancerous. The chemo they will do is palliative at best. The doctors are not hopeful and are actively avoiding to cause hope. The hospital appointed a psychiatrist to him. They also started the chemo this week. Two weeks ago he went in with liver issues, they diagnosed the cancer then. A week later ports went in. This week they wanted to start the chemo, but the flesh around the ports got infected. They took them out, put new ports in, started the chemo.

I went and picked him up from the hospital after the first two stints as we had our fall break. Visited him on the second and third stint. That time, he just got out of surgery when I dropped in on him and he was still in pain and barely conscious. He got better while I was there and talking to him.

That shit is fairly rough on me. The first visit, during his second stay, he told me that the cancer was late stage and that the doctors have no hope. He made a bucket list. It's not complicated really. There's only one rather complicated item: flying a plane. As luck has it, our neighbor is a former airline pilot and now flight instructor for 737s and works in simulators all day.

My uncle died about two months ago. It was expected, his lungs were ravaged from a strange and rare lung disease that he has had for years. I wasn't really sad when it happened. He had been in palliative care for two months by then and he was 74. Earlier today I heard a traditional song that was connected to his job as a miner. I was singing along in my car and crying as well.

Fuck death. Fuck cancer. Fuck lung diseases.
    nevar forget

That is very fucking rough I don't know what to say

I guess we're all getting to an age where cancer scares increasingly likely. Can't ignore anything just in case

This business of going from diagnosis to palliative chemo within a short space of time is so fucking terrifying

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

My mother in-law died on Sunday and today my sister's mother in-law died. Fuck this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    My mother in-law died on Sunday and today my sister's mother in-law died. Fuck this week.
    Double Fuck.

My condolences.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Damn, so sorry to hear that.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Thanks, at least neither of them got nailed by COVID. Just old age for both of them.

Nana passed yesterday. 92 so an excellent innnings. Last few years have been hard on everyone as she had been hanging on for too long with all the sickness and erosion of her independence so its kinda a relief in a way that shes no longer in pain. Was my nana but also my friend. Rest in peace.

My condolences for your loss. My grandma passed away just a few days shy of her 92nd five years back, she had been quite the clan matriarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Nana passed yesterday. 92 so an excellent innnings. Last few years have been hard on everyone as she had been hanging on for too long with all the sickness and erosion of her independence so its kinda a relief in a way that shes no longer in pain. Was my nana but also my friend. Rest in peace.
    Sorry to hear that dude!

Sorry to hear about that mate.

Hope my dad makes it that long
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Thats still shit dude, my condolences. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.