hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 148

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

  1. #61
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,167
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    spectacular return to form from Bando. Fuck depression and what it does to me
    Identifying the signs of a dip is probably the most important thing you can learn to do. I've found once I can pinpoint the start of a down turn I need to enforce a pretty heavy routine to steer myself back onto the right path. Making sure I eat 3 meals a day, get out of the house every day, keep on top of exercising etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  2. #62
    Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Basingstoke England
    Posts
    2,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    spectacular return to form from Bando. Fuck depression and what it does to me
    Identifying the signs of a dip is probably the most important thing you can learn to do. I've found once I can pinpoint the start of a down turn I need to enforce a pretty heavy routine to steer myself back onto the right path. Making sure I eat 3 meals a day, get out of the house every day, keep on top of exercising etc etc
    i eat once a day maybe twice, only leave the house to goto work (even then my sick time is insane) and havent been to the gym in months.

  3. #63
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    DC swampland
    Posts
    6,008
    Exercise and exposure to sunlight are a huge part of maintainung physical and mental health. We are hardwired to be savannah/taiga walking hunters, not sedentary cavemen who only see the light of digital devices.

    Start hiking or cycling several times a week. Even if you arent doing harcore cardio simply getting out on a regular basis will make you feel better.
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; August 10 2017 at 04:27:19 PM.

  4. #64
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,323
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    spectacular return to form from Bando. Fuck depression and what it does to me
    Identifying the signs of a dip is probably the most important thing you can learn to do. I've found once I can pinpoint the start of a down turn I need to enforce a pretty heavy routine to steer myself back onto the right path. Making sure I eat 3 meals a day, get out of the house every day, keep on top of exercising etc etc
    i eat once a day maybe twice, only leave the house to goto work (even then my sick time is insane) and havent been to the gym in months.
    cheeky walk to the shops, or past them (cos fuck people) could help. No pressure to be gym lad either. Anything is better than stewing in the house. Again, dont beat yourself up about it though. Everyone is allowed to slip. Identifying your poor coping mechanisms is a key positive you can take from this. Doesn't seem to help much at the time, mind but being aware of your mental state is a huge step
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  5. #65
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I dozed off in the MRI machine earlier this year. Not really sure what peoples' problem with them is if you aren't claustrophobic. Which most people aren't.
    Did this too after 5 minutes of fighting the urge to dropkick the assistant in the head and gtfo. If you close your eyes it feels like it massages all the molecules in your body (which, unironically, it kinda does ).

    Big ups for taking the MRI, indi I hope all is well! By the way, metal particles aren't really attracted by the MRI magnet, but instead heated up. It's why we don't like metal prosthesis in the MRI (besides the fact that they cause massive artifacts), but for example some heart valves are fine, so are hip/knee implants and strangely braces (albeit they make the MRI useless for the head, you can get spine pix that are decent). Tattoos are fine, so is most make up, a few molecules of metal will not tear your eyelids off.


    On-topic, went out tonight with some friends in a really, really long time. Actually met them in person for the first time. Had to freaking drive to (and through) London, found parking space right next to restaurant, op success (albeit £20 fking holy shit 3 hours what the hell). This all came as an incredible breath of fresh air after all my experiences in the past 3 or so years, and those people turned out to be fantastic.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  6. #66
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I dozed off in the MRI machine earlier this year. Not really sure what peoples' problem with them is if you aren't claustrophobic. Which most people aren't.
    Did this too after 5 minutes of fighting the urge to dropkick the assistant in the head and gtfo. If you close your eyes it feels like it massages all the molecules in your body (which, unironically, it kinda does ).

    Big ups for taking the MRI, indi I hope all is well! By the way, metal particles aren't really attracted by the MRI magnet, but instead heated up. It's why we don't like metal prosthesis in the MRI (besides the fact that they cause massive artifacts), but for example some heart valves are fine, so are hip/knee implants and strangely braces (albeit they make the MRI useless for the head, you can get spine pix that are decent). Tattoos are fine, so is most make up, a few molecules of metal will not tear your eyelids off.


    On-topic, went out tonight with some friends in a really, really long time. Actually met them in person for the first time. Had to freaking drive to (and through) London, found parking space right next to restaurant, op success (albeit £20 fking holy shit 3 hours what the hell). This all came as an incredible breath of fresh air after all my experiences in the past 3 or so years, and those people turned out to be fantastic.
    You ruined my mental picture of upwards straining eyelids!

    Good that you h ad a fun night. I guess 20 quid is a small price to pay for some happiness

  7. #67
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by indi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I dozed off in the MRI machine earlier this year. Not really sure what peoples' problem with them is if you aren't claustrophobic. Which most people aren't.
    Did this too after 5 minutes of fighting the urge to dropkick the assistant in the head and gtfo. If you close your eyes it feels like it massages all the molecules in your body (which, unironically, it kinda does ).

    Big ups for taking the MRI, indi I hope all is well! By the way, metal particles aren't really attracted by the MRI magnet, but instead heated up. It's why we don't like metal prosthesis in the MRI (besides the fact that they cause massive artifacts), but for example some heart valves are fine, so are hip/knee implants and strangely braces (albeit they make the MRI useless for the head, you can get spine pix that are decent). Tattoos are fine, so is most make up, a few molecules of metal will not tear your eyelids off.


    On-topic, went out tonight with some friends in a really, really long time. Actually met them in person for the first time. Had to freaking drive to (and through) London, found parking space right next to restaurant, op success (albeit £20 fking holy shit 3 hours what the hell). This all came as an incredible breath of fresh air after all my experiences in the past 3 or so years, and those people turned out to be fantastic.
    You ruined my mental picture of upwards straining eyelids!

    Good that you h ad a fun night. I guess 20 quid is a small price to pay for some happiness
    You can always picture eyelids on fire!

    It's funny when you pay for parking the same amount you pay for the meal, but you're absolutely right, completely worth it and will do it again ^^
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  8. #68
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,766
    Slight emo - mostly based on (I guess) unrealistic expectations.

    The bad: two new lesions, one of which was not very visible to the naked eye. Implying that the other one (of course) was.

    The neutral: they are very small and rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Their significance lies in the fact that 1) they are signs not all activity has ceased and 2) enough small activity eventually can add up to significant.

    The good: the neurologist wants to keep on seeing me on the old schedule (appointment every 6 months, MRI every 1-2 years to keep an eye on things. There is no diagnosis and he does not see a need to start on medication. That implies that he does (still) regard me as stable.

    All in all it's cautiously good, but I would have preferred no disease activity. The truth is that it takes a while to stabilize on the programme and this does not mean I have not (in the meantime) achieved full remission after all. The other truth is that I could up my game as well - take intermittent fasting further, exercise more, meditate.

    It does leave me slightly teary, but I guess that's just a mixture of not entirely warranted disappointment and emotion.

  9. #69
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,988
    Quote Originally Posted by indi View Post
    Slight emo - mostly based on (I guess) unrealistic expectations.

    The bad: two new lesions, one of which was not very visible to the naked eye. Implying that the other one (of course) was.

    The neutral: they are very small and rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Their significance lies in the fact that 1) they are signs not all activity has ceased and 2) enough small activity eventually can add up to significant.

    The good: the neurologist wants to keep on seeing me on the old schedule (appointment every 6 months, MRI every 1-2 years to keep an eye on things. There is no diagnosis and he does not see a need to start on medication. That implies that he does (still) regard me as stable.

    All in all it's cautiously good, but I would have preferred no disease activity. The truth is that it takes a while to stabilize on the programme and this does not mean I have not (in the meantime) achieved full remission after all. The other truth is that I could up my game as well - take intermittent fasting further, exercise more, meditate.

    It does leave me slightly teary, but I guess that's just a mixture of not entirely warranted disappointment and emotion.
    Indi, it isn't all bad. Evolution in a lot of cases stagnates to "hah, scared you, didn't I", I'd be cautiously optimistic and just go ahead with the appointments but don't dwell on it too much between appointments. No diagnosis and no meds is quite reassuring and stepping up your game is fine as long as you don't turn it into an obsessive thing. Intermittent fasting, more exercise and more meditation would help anyone, no matter the issues (or lack of).

    The sum of small activity adding up to significant can take quite a while so don't stress over or so much. I'm actually glad you put it in the "neutral" category, it's something that's there but then again so are subclinical OCD and such small stuff that affects lots of people but doesn't interfere significantly with their lives.

    Tldr


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

  10. #70

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,408
    I don't think it's unrealistic to hope for the best in a situation like that. It's not like you will hope for less than the best
    Likewise being disappointed that it's not 100% better is also pretty fair enough for something like this.

    I think the "good" category is pretty solid though. If the neurologist isn't interested in seeing you more or medicating, thats a good sign that things are going ok. I'd focus on that if you can!


  11. #71
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,766
    Yeah, I'm nearly there. My feelings lag a few hours behind my ratio, as per usual.

    My neurologist redefines cautious on a daily basis. If he confirms it is insignificant (for now) and does not adjust the routine, that does mean a lot. And yes, Cosmin - I also imagine that takes quite a while. He just wants to make sure we check activity (or lack thereof) semiregularly to make sure we do not miss anything. For now my lack of symptoms is leading and the findings only mean activity has not ceased entirely.

    Thanks guys.

  12. #72
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,131
    At least it sounds like it could have been much worse, but was not. Maybe think of it as a solid B.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  13. #73
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    At least it sounds like it could have been much worse, but was not. Maybe think of it as a solid B.
    It's probably around a 75%-80% out of a hundred, yes


  14. #74
    Super Rooerator Movember 2012Global Moderator ctrlchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fuckin roos m8
    Posts
    10,731
    So my uncle had a heart attack and died yesterday. Happened out of nowhere, just fell over dead.

    Went and sat in the hospital after the fact with my aunt and niece, what the fuck are you meant to do? Like I know people will say "just be there for them" etc, but like there is only so much sitting in a small room listening to people cry that you can do.


    Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

  15. #75
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    15,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    So my uncle had a heart attack and died yesterday. Happened out of nowhere, just fell over dead.

    Went and sat in the hospital after the fact with my aunt and niece, what the fuck are you meant to do? Like I know people will say "just be there for them" etc, but like there is only so much sitting in a small room listening to people cry that you can do.
    True, but they will remember that you did it and will be grateful you gave support to them.

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  16. #76
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    13,167
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    So my uncle had a heart attack and died yesterday. Happened out of nowhere, just fell over dead.

    Went and sat in the hospital after the fact with my aunt and niece, what the fuck are you meant to do? Like I know people will say "just be there for them" etc, but like there is only so much sitting in a small room listening to people cry that you can do.
    Literally just being there is enough usually. Offer to get them cups of tea or whatever when you get bored of sitting around crying people. Generally people are quite sympathetic that it's an awkward situation for people not grieving as much as they are, and looking back they'll be grateful for whatever you do to 'normalise' aspects of the grieving process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  17. #77
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Exercise and exposure to sunlight are a huge part of maintainung physical and mental health. We are hardwired to be savannah/taiga walking hunters, not sedentary cavemen who only see the light of digital devices.

    Start hiking or cycling several times a week. Even if you arent doing harcore cardio simply getting out on a regular basis will make you feel better.
    Several of them. A while back, i brought her food weekly.

  18. #78
    spitroast's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2015
    Location
    Angry Northern Bastard, UK
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    So my uncle had a heart attack and died yesterday. Happened out of nowhere, just fell over dead.

    Went and sat in the hospital after the fact with my aunt and niece, what the fuck are you meant to do? Like I know people will say "just be there for them" etc, but like there is only so much sitting in a small room listening to people cry that you can do.
    Sorry to hear that... best way to support family in such situations (I've found anyway) is doing small shit like walking the dog, doing some shopping, or taking the kids to school... making their worries a little less

  19. #79
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,223
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post
    So my uncle had a heart attack and died yesterday. Happened out of nowhere, just fell over dead.

    Went and sat in the hospital after the fact with my aunt and niece, what the fuck are you meant to do? Like I know people will say "just be there for them" etc, but like there is only so much sitting in a small room listening to people cry that you can do.
    Sorry for your loss lad, as has been said already just be there for them. That's all you can and should do

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  20. #80
    Pegging Specialist Donor indi's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,766
    Sorry to hear that Chris /hug

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •