hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1186

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

  1. #1101
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,404
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Maternal grandmother is dying, dad's side of the family hate her (it's mutual, she blames my father for my mothers postpartum depression suicide)

    Currently running damage control with various cousins whilst the "adults" fight over the Will

    There's a reason I only consider my immediate family as actual family and haven't seen anyone from that side in 5 years
    Fuck non-immediate families tbh.

  2. #1102
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,285
    Spot the Alabaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  3. #1103
    SteeleResolve's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    AKA Pubbie McLemming
    Posts
    3,404
    *fingers cossed* finally getting my name off the mortgage with the ex-wife in the next week or so, and she's passing me some moneys as per the consent order (to help pay off some of the JOINT-FUCKING-DEBT she left me with).

    Only way I achieved this is by refusing to "renew" the mortgage to a more competative deal as its gone back to the standard variable rate thats costing her an extra 150-200 a month.

    These last 2 years are finally nearly over!

  4. #1104
    Alex Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    *fingers cossed* finally getting my name off the mortgage with the ex-wife in the next week or so, and she's passing me some moneys as per the consent order (to help pay off some of the JOINT-FUCKING-DEBT she left me with).

    Only way I achieved this is by refusing to "renew" the mortgage to a more competative deal as its gone back to the standard variable rate thats costing her an extra 150-200 a month.

    These last 2 years are finally nearly over!
    Great news matey, hope it all gets finished off soon!

  5. #1105
    Banned
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by SteeleResolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Maternal grandmother is dying, dad's side of the family hate her (it's mutual, she blames my father for my mothers postpartum depression suicide)

    Currently running damage control with various cousins whilst the "adults" fight over the Will

    There's a reason I only consider my immediate family as actual family and haven't seen anyone from that side in 5 years
    Fuck non-immediate families tbh.
    Pmuch

    If I only see you once every 4 years, you're not my family, you just happen to share my blood

    It doesn't help that I'm adopted and my mother was some trafficked polish labourer, so that side of the "old-jersey-money" family tries to pretend that I don't exist

    They love my unemployed socially retarded reclusive brother though

    my chances of getting anything out of the inheritance are near zero, and frankly I wouldn't accept it anyway, I'm just tired of weird passive agressive facebook messages between people who should know better

    (did I mention that this is only based on the fact that my grandmother doesn't have a will?, the various parties are literally fighting over who gets to tell a dying woman what to write)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; November 9 2018 at 11:48:56 PM.

  6. #1106
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,779
    Yep. Extended family are scum when push comes to shove. Especially over inheritance.

    Sos to hear Xeno

  7. #1107
    I don't know how much I expect to click for inheritance wise; depending on the order my parents die and how long they last but I don't expect, nor have I ever expected a huge amount. From what I've seen and read (/r/relationships is always good for a laugh) a lot of conflict is a result of lack of communication. If you have a pot to leave, substantial or otherwise you're duty bound to lay out your intentions before you pop your clogs. That may mean some hard conversations but so be it.

    In my mind an inheritance is skills learned, experiences and memories of a person. Any money or trinkets are icing on the cake. Given the increasing average age of inheritance (IIRC it's approaching the late 50's in the UK) if you end squabling over it then it's an indication that you or your parents have failed.


  8. #1108
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I don't know how much I expect to click for inheritance wise; depending on the order my parents die and how long they last but I don't expect, nor have I ever expected a huge amount. From what I've seen and read (/r/relationships is always good for a laugh) a lot of conflict is a result of lack of communication. If you have a pot to leave, substantial or otherwise you're duty bound to lay out your intentions before you pop your clogs. That may mean some hard conversations but so be it.

    In my mind an inheritance is skills learned, experiences and memories of a person. Any money or trinkets are icing on the cake. Given the increasing average age of inheritance (IIRC it's approaching the late 50's in the UK) if you end squabling over it then it's an indication that you or your parents have failed.
    Both of the inheritance spats I've been on the sidelines of were about 10% money and 90% "she loved me more"/"I'll die before I let that bitch get anything"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  9. #1109
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,362
    It's been about a couple years since I fell on a very slippery slope, neglecting a lot of stuff (friends being the most unimportant part of that, yep, it's that bad).

    Currently panic solving so much shit at once with multitasking that appears outstanding (didn't know I had it in me). Luckily people are helpful - which is frankly amazing, my misanthropy went into overdrive the past year at least.

    My health seems to go down hill though and this will be the first day of the second week I can't work. Nor can I go anywhere to relax because my bowels decided to fucking act up again. I can, however, try to resolve some of the leftover issues.

    I did finish therapy and got a break albeit my therapist said I'm ready for discharge I'd like to keep that line open just in case.

    Grew beard. Shaved it. Gave up coffee. Did not smoke for ages. Didn't pick up drinking or drugs, which is gud I suppose. Almost gave up fizzy drinks.

    Unfortunately I still don't feel well mentally. It's bit of less happy, but I tend to blame it on the over all situation which is quite delicate, I'd be retarded to be actually beyond happy with all the stuff going on. But I do my little bits of happy so there's that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  10. #1110
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,614
    Keep on keeping on Cosmin

    :brofist:

  11. #1111
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,957
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #1112

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    14,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Keep on keeping on Cosmin

    :brofist:


  13. #1113
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'd be retarded to be actually beyond happy with all the stuff going on. But I do my little bits of happy so there's that.
    That's the absolute most that anyone can expect. Keep doing those little bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  14. #1114
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,362
    Thanks guys, really appreciate the support.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  15. #1115
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,957
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  16. #1116
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,362
    Well, some good news and some bad news.

    Desert first. I met somebody. My health is excellent. My car stopped throwing random errors since I took the time to service it properly, feels like new again. I'm drawing and photographing stuff again.


    Now for the veggies. Work is hell. Apparently it's not enough to get yourself sick whilst working like a mule, it's your fault, it is not appreciated and it will get you thrown under the bus. Still running behind schedule with dozens of important shit to sort.


    Keeping it keeping. Need to print that Churchill quote, because ffs it rings so true right now.

    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  17. #1117
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    it's your fault, it is not appreciated and it will get you thrown under the bus.
    This is an important life-lesson to learn. "Coping" is a term meaning "I will do more work for the same pay".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  18. #1118
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    it's your fault, it is not appreciated and it will get you thrown under the bus.
    This is an important life-lesson to learn. "Coping" is a term meaning "I will do more work for the same pay".
    I agree. I was dumb as a bag of nails. Knowledge acquired, incorporated and applied to all future "would you like to do this shift pls we're desperate".
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  19. #1119
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    15,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    it's your fault, it is not appreciated and it will get you thrown under the bus.
    This is an important life-lesson to learn. "Coping" is a term meaning "I will do more work for the same pay".
    I agree. I was dumb as a bag of nails. Knowledge acquired, incorporated and applied to all future "would you like to do this shift pls we're desperate".
    The only remotely acceptable agreement in these circumstances is one which lays out exactly what compensation you'll get.

    Negotiating extra time off is a good one to start with, because it won't actually cost the company money as such. And time is precious.

    Oh, and of course get the agreement in writing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

  20. #1120
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,362

    Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    it's your fault, it is not appreciated and it will get you thrown under the bus.
    This is an important life-lesson to learn. "Coping" is a term meaning "I will do more work for the same pay".
    I agree. I was dumb as a bag of nails. Knowledge acquired, incorporated and applied to all future "would you like to do this shift pls we're desperate".
    The only remotely acceptable agreement in these circumstances is one which lays out exactly what compensation you'll get.

    Negotiating extra time off is a good one to start with, because it won't actually cost the company money as such. And time is precious.

    Oh, and of course get the agreement in writing...
    This is excellent advice. Unfortunately, I think the most hassle free way to get around this is just decline. Nobody wants to do this stuff in writing because they can't afford to give you that time off - over the past 3 years I've seldom had time off by annual leave. My "time off" was when I was literally too sick to go to work (or do anything else, really) or emergencies. Overall not a good experience I have to say, but in hindsight it was mostly my fault because I trusted some people too much and considered them to be trustworthy.

    I am not bitter about it though. If anything, I'm grateful for the lessons learned (the hard way). These are the ones that stick to you regardless of what may happen.
    Last edited by Cosmin; March 8 2019 at 05:50:25 PM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •