hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1112

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Didn't get the job id applied for they kept me hanging around for months to get an answer always teasing and rescheduling and making excuses and i stupidly seemed to pin alot of my positive energy into it. FML. The annoying thing is my CV is shit and i was lucky to get this job and the last 5 years ive got no transferable skills that would make it better.
    That sucks dude. Keep trying. Is your CV shit because its not well made, or do you mean not much interesting stuff to put on it? You can actually make 99% of jobs sound important, valuable and exciting on a CV if you massage the language right.

I too am emo this week. Wifes grandads funeral on Monday, which wasnt such a huge deal as he was about 1000 and everyone knew it was coming.
    However, the wife fell apart afterwards because she was thinking ahead a bit about me (though actually things are looking a tiny bit more positive there) , and i really had no idea how to deal with it.

i just did really shit at school mainly because i just couldn't apply myself to academia not because i'm a thicko. Then i was unemployed for 5 years and now my job for the last 5 years has basically been answering phones and supporting our own software.
    I was in the exact same situation as you. I decided to change things and started shopping for apprenticeships. Now two years later I have a really promising career. Just keep plugging away and you'll turn a corner eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Didn't get the job id applied for they kept me hanging around for months to get an answer always teasing and rescheduling and making excuses and i stupidly seemed to pin alot of my positive energy into it. FML. The annoying thing is my CV is shit and i was lucky to get this job and the last 5 years ive got no transferable skills that would make it better.
    That sucks dude. Keep trying. Is your CV shit because its not well made, or do you mean not much interesting stuff to put on it? You can actually make 99% of jobs sound important, valuable and exciting on a CV if you massage the language right.

I too am emo this week. Wifes grandads funeral on Monday, which wasnt such a huge deal as he was about 1000 and everyone knew it was coming.
    However, the wife fell apart afterwards because she was thinking ahead a bit about me (though actually things are looking a tiny bit more positive there) , and i really had no idea how to deal with it.

i just did really shit at school mainly because i just couldn't apply myself to academia not because i'm a thicko. Then i was unemployed for 5 years and now my job for the last 5 years has basically been answering phones and supporting our own software.
    I refuse to allow you to believe that 5 years providing support to software gave you zero skills you can put in a resume.
    This. I really think you can make that thing look a lot better than you think Sara. Might want to get some help looking at it....i'm sure theres people on here that could give a hand, but failing that get a (good and not over expensive) CV service to take a look.

A good CV is really breaking down what to you was day to day bullshit into the actual marketable skills you used and selling them on there.

I'm driving to Rotterdam tommorow and will see the Dutch girl.

I really shouldn't be feeling this giddy. I'm a bitter old cunt ffs what's going on here

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

I really shouldn't be feeling this giddy. I'm a bitter old cunt ffs what's going on here
    Good luck mate, have a blast

hah gaaaaaaaaaaay

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Idk what's going on there but sounds gud.

Hope you got gud playlists for the road :3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

good luck!

Gud times

Gud times
    glad it went well mate

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

So my latest batch of emo.

I've had to move back in with my mum and sis because my old landlord is a massive fucking potato who decided shit like "gas safety" is beneath him and the building had Carbon Monoxide issues. Hopefully just until the new year...

But. I have been flirting heavily with the idea of either changing jobs or starting my own business. And part of me is noticing that if I stayed for a few months it might just be perfect for that... So I am attempting to balance my sanity against the (slim) possibility of a bathtub of 50 pound notes.

Probably a good thing I am single to be honest.
    She did what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    So my latest batch of emo.

I've had to move back in with my mum and sis because my old landlord is a massive fucking potato who decided shit like "gas safety" is beneath him and the building had Carbon Monoxide issues. Hopefully just until the new year...

But. I have been flirting heavily with the idea of either changing jobs or starting my own business. And part of me is noticing that if I stayed for a few months it might just be perfect for that... So I am attempting to balance my sanity against the (slim) possibility of a bathtub of 50 pound notes.

Probably a good thing I am single to be honest.
    Well, I guess the good news is you get a break on rent for a couple months.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Gg M8 did you piitb?

Enviado de meu Nexus 5X usando o Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    Gg M8 did you piitb?

Enviado de meu Nexus 5X usando o Tapatalk
    Tnx m8. Not yet.

Bad weekend. I was pretty unwell and had a bit of a mental downturn/blip.
    Worse, my wife has been on and off ill with fatigue over the last couple of months, we thought it was just some sort of cold/flu side effect but doctors think it could be something more serious.

And then her granddad died.

Also, today i am headache.

My ongoing attempts to be optimistic and upbeat are starting to fail, i can't even go get smashed due to medication (ALL THE DRUGS). Not that it'd help, i was always a maudlin drunk anyway.

Well the winter is rolling in so my guess is we'll see posting in dis fred go up a bit.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Worse, my wife has been on and off ill with fatigue over the last couple of months, we thought it was just some sort of cold/flu side effect but doctors think it could be something more serious.

My ongoing attempts to be optimistic and upbeat are starting to fail, i can't even go get smashed due to medication (ALL THE DRUGS). Not that it'd help, i was always a maudlin drunk anyway.
    Looks like you picked the wrong week to give up [insert vice here]

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post

Looks like you picked the wrong week to give up [insert vice here]
    I need more vices tbh.

Well the winter is rolling in so my guess is we'll see posting in dis fred go up a bit.
    Yep, going to see the shrink in two days.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by vDJ View Post
    Yep, going to see the shrink in two days.
    I've managed to dodge my yearly SAD routine by buying shit on Amazon

a load of my friendgroup have imploded in the last 3 months though, waiting to see if I get caught up in it

2k18 has been a good year all told for me (so far, jelp)