hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolin View Post
    So is dreaming of jumping off high places a way for my subconscious to tell me something?
    Better than dreaming about triangles m8 I'll tell you that.

So is dreaming of jumping off high places a way for my subconscious to tell me something?
    Spread your wings and fly.

Do you get that "jolt" of hitting the ground in your dream and waking up in bed with a bounce, followed by an adrenaline rush?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Do you get that "jolt" of hitting the ground in your dream and waking up in bed with a bounce, followed by an adrenaline rush?
    I seem to be reliably kicking my cat out of bed with that. And he keeps on returning, adding on scratches as compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

King of the Babe Thread Donor Jolin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Well I didn't feel hitting the ground but I almost jolted straight out of bed and I had a sense that the jump was deliberate. I'm still a little disturbed by it tbh and most of the day has passed.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Better than dreaming about communism

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Better than dreaming about communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I had to put one of my beloved cats to sleep last night.

I am deeply sad today. I wept like a little girl during the procedure and after.

Poor girl, I miss her already. She was supposedly eight when we rescued her from the animal shelter, where she was likely days away from being put down.

In the shelter she was sick, had bad diarrhea, and wasn't eating well. She was three-legged and her history wasn't well known. We believe her original owner knew she was unwell, and couldn't face putting her to sleep so dropped her at the pound instead.

We took her in in a very hard moment in my wife and my life. We had just lost two old cats, both long lived, and their passing was a titanic blow to us in a very hard time in our lives.

So we felt we needed to save a new friend, and we did. We took her in, we spent thousands on her care, and we helped her fight her many issues.

But time is a cruel cunt bitch. There was no way this cat was eight when we got her, more like 13 or 14.

She graced us with her love for most of four years. But she was wasting away to nothing, her age and problems just too much for any poor kitty to bear.

I am crying right now, it hurts so much. A 40'something year old man, crying over a cat. But that's me I guess, and I should embrace it.

Goodbye Sadie cat. And Thank you so much for the love you brought us. We already miss you terribly.

Last edited by Alistair; September 13 2017 at 07:12:54 PM.

Smuggo
    Sorry to hear about your cat m8.

My condolences for your loss.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Sorry to hear that Alistair, shit sucks

I am going to be an absolute wreck when my ancient cat dies, it's nearly as old as me

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Sorry to hear that Alistair, shit sucks

I am going to be an absolute wreck when my ancient cat dies, it's nearly as old as me
    Thank you truly Xen, and thanks to the other who commented as well. I appreciate it (and appreciate no mocking, even of the good-natured variety, of me when I'm this down).

One of the two old cats I mentioned that passed shortly before we saved Sadie was 18+ when she passed. Her name was Smokey, a long haired black cat. Sweetest thing, loved everyone, and was always a great "mom" cat to our other, younger cats.

At the point she passed, I had had her for about half of my adult life, from living at home with the parents and getting her a few days after she was born, right up through to the end. I have pics of her where she was so small she could fit in the palm of my hand, she was a hand kitten.

They bring such friendship and joy to my life. I only wish their lifespans were closer to our own, because this pain is just tough. Especially for folks like my wife and I, who have no kids. Our kittens are our kids.

What break my heart so deeply is that so far, in every case, we humans had to make a call to put them to sleep. Because we couldn't let them suffer their ailments, they were at that point where keeping them alive was for us, not for them.

If they died in the sleeps, this would (I think) be so much easier to deal with. Because we had to decide, and we choose to be there through the whole process for them, it hurts so much more deeply I think.

In my head I know it's thr right thing to do for them. In my heart I feel crushingly guilty.
    Last edited by Alistair; September 13 2017 at 07:51:57 PM.

Sorry to hear that alistair, loosing pets is truly horrible.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    F

is it safe to post here again?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    is it safe to post here again?
    Safety is an illusion.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

it's taken me 38 years but i think i'm slowly turning into a somewhat sane and complete grown up person.

no promises tho

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    it's taken me 38 years but i think i'm slowly turning into a somewhat sane and complete grown up person.

no promises tho
    Big ups! Keep at it!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

no promises tho
    I'm not sure anyone ever gets there 100%.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.reddit.com/r/getdiscipli...yself/cdah4af/

I've heard variations of the "no zero days" idea before, but this is the best explanation I've seen.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...