hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    My bank are putting me in hardship by charging me every month for going overdrawn due to bank charging me for going overdrawn. I have the money saving expert "plan to fuck them back" thingy, which is great and all but im just pretty fucking mad and distressed at this bullshit. Every fucking month they get me
    Can't you just switch to an account without an overdraft to avoid the cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    My bank are putting me in hardship by charging me every month for going overdrawn due to bank charging me for going overdrawn. I have the money saving expert "plan to fuck them back" thingy, which is great and all but im just pretty fucking mad and distressed at this bullshit. Every fucking month they get me
    I already live in my arranged overdraft at all times so not really. If i moved my banking to a fresh account, the old one would soon come asking for their overdraft in full as per their terms. Its the unarranged bits that's fucking me off. I only ever go over when they charge me for going over. Causing me genuine hardship.
    How much are you over drawn? It may be better for you to use a charge card or something and pay a bit of interest for not paying in full than getting constantly whacked with overdraft charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I already live in my arranged overdraft at all times so not really. If i moved my banking to a fresh account, the old one would soon come asking for their overdraft in full as per their terms. Its the unarranged bits that's fucking me off. I only ever go over when they charge me for going over. Causing me genuine hardship.
    How much over are you going each time? Is it something you could reasonably pay off given a few months?

If so, I would use one of the various "0% debt" options available for short-term loans (a new credit card, another account with an arranged overdraft of its own etc etc). Use that debt to end the cycle, then pay back that new (0% interest) debt over 3 or 4 months before any interest is charged. Once it's paid off, terminate that new account to avoid any temptation to build up more debt.

edit: Just saw your other reply so you just need a little bit to push you out of constantly cycling into the un-arranged portion?
    Last edited by Nicholai Pestot; August 31 2017 at 02:58:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    And for some actual emothread content; my girlfriend of 5 years has moved recently to pursue her career, not far, only about an hour and a half away, but I'm actually finding it far more difficult to deal with than I had thought it would. It is sorta unsettling to go from seeing someone everyday to a day or two every few weeks.
    Well, it may be time to do some hard thinking whether she is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. If you decide that that is so, appropriate action may be called for, such as a shared flat at the middle of the distance (if the travel time is by car - a 45 minute commute sucks but is manageable. By plane, well... ) or maybe start looking for a job closer to hers.

I know that this is not, technically, a long distance relationship but pretty close to it. Relationships tend to survive the long distance stretch if there is an existing exit strategy. If you just say "we'll manage", odds are you are going to grow apart.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that because in your retarded slap fight with djan in the previous emo thread you had at minimum 3 infraction worthy shit posts, and Helgur being the clever/lazy bastard he is decided to give you 3 points in one instead of 3 separate infractions.

And for some actual emothread content; my girlfriend of 5 years has moved recently to pursue her career, not far, only about an hour and a half away, but I'm actually finding it far more difficult to deal with than I had thought it would. It is sorta unsettling to go from seeing someone everyday to a day or two every few weeks.
    Serious question: You've been dating five years and you haven't:

1. Moved in together
    2. Got married or engaged
    3. Some other formal or informal commitment or mutual agreement

Is it possible that the relationship just isn't going anywhere fast, and this move may in part be a sign of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume that because in your retarded slap fight with djan in the previous emo thread you had at minimum 3 infraction worthy shit posts, and Helgur being the clever/lazy bastard he is decided to give you 3 points in one instead of 3 separate infractions.

1. Moved in together

Is it possible that the relationship just isn't going anywhere fast, and this move may in part be a sign of that?
    Well for the first three and a half years shes was in college; she has lived with me for the past year and a half. She's quite a bit (7 years) younger than I am so while I am set in my career life she's really just getting her's started, which is what lead to her moving to take this job and that's completely understandable. She is very driven and very passionate about her field and I want to see her succeed in it which is why i supported & insisted that she try to seize this opportunity. We've talked about getting married and its something we've both decided is a few years down the road from now. Partly due to the aforementioned pursuit of her career and partly because of the unfortunate financial reality that my brother & I are looking to sell the home we co-own in the near future and if we got married her student loan debt would greatly impact my ability to borrow for my next home. But don't misunderstand me we both want to get married, but we both also do not want to rush into it and now just isn't the right time.

Rather my lament is more that it's strange & discomforting to not have her around. Humans are nothing if not creatures of habit and mine has been thrown out of whack. Its amazing how something like an I love you and a kiss goodbye before you head out the door can affect your day and I've come to realize how much I miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

1. Moved in together

Well for the first three and a half years shes was in college; she has lived with me for the past year and a half. She's quite a bit (7 years) younger than I am so while I am set in my career life she's really just getting her's started, which is what lead to her moving to take this job and that's completely understandable. She is very driven and very passionate about her field and I want to see her succeed in it which is why i supported & insisted that she try to seize this opportunity. We've talked about getting married and its something we've both decided is a few years down the road from now. Partly due to the aforementioned pursuit of her career and partly because of the unfortunate financial reality that my brother & I are looking to sell the home we co-own in the near future and if we got married her student loan debt would greatly impact my ability to borrow for my next home. But don't misunderstand me we both want to get married, but we both also do not want to rush into it and now just isn't the right time.

Rather my lament is more that it's strange & discomforting to not have her around. Humans are nothing if not creatures of habit and mine has been thrown out of whack. Its amazing how something like an I love you and a kiss goodbye before you head out the door can affect your day and I've come to realize how much I miss that.
    Understood my friend, I wish you (and her) only the very best of luck together then. o7 My wife and I were together 13 years before marriage, but we knew marriage was inbound in time.

Personally, 7 days is about the max I like having my wife away from me. After that I start getting itchy to have her round again. Happily, for me, we're rarely apart more than that (usually to to work trips).

So I feel you on that last bit.
    Last edited by Alistair; August 31 2017 at 09:39:41 PM.

My relationship ended

No details cuz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    My relationship ended

No details cuz

Bro-fist Bro

To quote a wise man:

Be kind to yourself.
    Last edited by Lallante; September 1 2017 at 12:01:17 PM.

My relationship ended

No details cuz

Bummer M8
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

no i think it was with a girl

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    no i think it was with a girl
    Bum her m8

Bum her, m8

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Cousin is back in Hospital. Doesn't sound optimistic.

Fucking hell man...

The cancer has metastasized and is now in the intestine.
    Last edited by Elriche Oshego; September 1 2017 at 11:43:40 PM.

A few months ago my mother had a few TIAs (mini strokes, whatever) . She went for a followup this week. Got bounced about the hospital and now she's getting some porridge removed from her carotid artery on Monday.

She refuses to give up smoking (as stated previously it's a big bone of contention between her and Mrs Lark). Am I right to stop caring?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    A few months ago my mother had a few TIAs (mini strokes, whatever) . She went for a followup this week. Got bounced about the hospital and now she's getting some porridge removed from her carotid artery on Monday.

She refuses to give up smoking (as stated previously it's a big bone of contention between her and Mrs Lark). Am I right to stop caring?
    If you stop caring now are you going to regret it if she gets worse?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

As someone who's dealt with several elderly relatives who refuse to give up bad habits and also an ex-smoker who used to get badgered by everyone around him, yes, you're probably right.

You're not going to stop someone doing something just because you want them to - they have to want to. If they don't want to, they won't, and not a damn thing you or Mrs Lark can say to change that.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

Fucking hell man...

Sorry mate, you have my e-support for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

Fucking hell man...

Sorry mate, you have my e-support for what its worth
    +1 Definitely

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Dont belittle my mod persecution issues please im not joking when i say im being unfairly persecuted by Helgur.

Complaining about persecution just results in more persecution. Trust me on this.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    WTF I hate white people now...