hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ... 236370717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1516

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    This year:

Sister tried to kill herself
    Wife's sister institutionalised for mental health for over a month
    Dad diagnosed with lung cancer
    Wife's grandma diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer
    Wife's grandma diagnosed with dementia
    Wife's grandfather catches COVID and dies within 4 days of diagnosis

Its been a shitty one. fuck 2020.
    Fuck that's a bad year even by 2020 standards

Let's hope things pick up in 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Hope your wife and you get a little respite soon, and that its not to rough on your relationship m8. Stay well, and hope you have the help you want and need.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I have an excellent support network who have rallied round. My 18 month old is a ray of sunshine too, little emotional support bear that he is

Thanks guys, I have an excellent support network who have rallied round. My 18 month old is a ray of sunshine too, little emotional support bear that he is
    As someone who had cancer, its hard on everyone in the family. Don't feel guilty for having a tough time, my wife did and she shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Maybe not EMO related, but i experienced a genuine moment of PTSD this week.
    As this year unfolded I found myself in the same situation a couple of times (not COVID-test-related, but having PTSD moments) and I have to say it's genuinely important to have people around who won't go fucking mental on you for that, to support and understand and care for you. Hope you're doing better now

This year:

Sister tried to kill herself
    Wife's sister institutionalised for mental health for over a month
    Dad diagnosed with lung cancer
    Wife's grandma diagnosed with late stage pancreatic cancer
    Wife's grandma diagnosed with dementia
    Wife's grandfather catches COVID and dies within 4 days of diagnosis

Its been a shitty one. fuck 2020.
    Hope you're doing better, but I think 2020 (after 2016) is going to be one of the tame years of the next 10 years to come.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Maybe not EMO related, but i experienced a genuine moment of PTSD this week.
    As this year unfolded I found myself in the same situation a couple of times (not COVID-test-related, but having PTSD moments) and I have to say it's genuinely important to have people around who won't go fucking mental on you for that, to support and understand and care for you. Hope you're doing better now
    I'm fine, this is the first time I've had an issue from my treatment, thanks for the love!

So the grandad who died of COVID has set off the mother of all shitfights in the family.

His stated wishes were that no one take risks of COVID on his account. The sane members of the family (everyone except his 3 sons) proposed this be interpreted as meaning the funeral should be closest family only, with a memorial service when COVID is in remission in the summer.

The insane members of family, the three sons, have arranged THE MOTHER OF ALL FUNERALS with three seperate events. First a crematorium service with 100+ invites. Then a church service LITERALLY ADVERTISED IN THE LOCAL PAPER. And, for genuinely god knows what reason, a WAKE with the pre-crematorium body displayed in their fucking front garden for all to see. There are no available toilets in any of these locations. 90% of the invitees are over 60. They fully expect and intend to break whatever rules there are. They openly scoff and mock any attempt to ameliorate this ridiculous scheme.

No one knows what HIS DYING WIFE, WHO IS STILL ALIVE, wants because no one has asked her, because her dementia is a little worse and they are discounting whatever she has to say (she isnt THAT out of it. She knows he died and the funeral is being planned and COVID is a thing and can have normal conversations she just gets confused easily. 1 month ago she was totally lucid). What HAS been said about her is she better get a COVID test beforehand because they cant ask her not to hug and kiss every attendee (nevermind the fact that one of THEM could have COVID).

I am told not attending is not an option as this would effectively sever all ties (one of the brothers is my wifes beloved father). I have put my foot down on not bringing my son and am in a total moral quandry. If I read in the papers about other people doing this I would be very angry at them, and yet here I am about to take part. Im tempted to fake a cough (my wife complicit obviously) and not go on that grounds or something.

This is such a fucking shit show. I feel so angry and sad and morally conflicted and furious and miserable.
    Last edited by Lallante; December 1 2020 at 10:41:14 PM.

So the grandad who died of COVID has set off the mother of all shitfights in the family.

His stated wishes were that no one take risks of COVID on his account. The sane members of the family (everyone except his 3 sons) proposed this be interpreted as meaning the funeral should be closest family only, with a memorial service when COVID is in remission in the summer.

The insane members of family, the three sons, have arranged THE MOTHER OF ALL FUNERALS with three seperate events. First a crematorium service with 100+ invites. Then a church service LITERALLY ADVERTISED IN THE LOCAL PAPER. And, for genuinely god knows what reason, a WAKE with the pre-crematorium body displayed in their fucking front garden for all to see. There are no available toilets in any of these locations. 90% of the invitees are over 60. They fully expect and intend to break whatever rules there are. They openly scoff and mock any attempt to ameliorate this ridiculous scheme.

No one knows what HIS DYING WIFE, WHO IS STILL ALIVE, wants because no one has asked her, because her dementia is a little worse and they are discounting whatever she has to say (she isnt THAT out of it. She knows he died and the funeral is being planned and COVID is a thing and can have normal conversations she just gets confused easily. 1 month ago she was totally lucid). What HAS been said about her is she better get a COVID test beforehand because they cant ask her not to hug and kiss every attendee (nevermind the fact that one of THEM could have COVID).

I am told not attending is not an option as this would effectively sever all ties (one of the brothers is my wifes beloved father). I have put my foot down on not bringing my son and am in a total moral quandry. If I read in the papers about other people doing this I would be very angry at them, and yet here I am about to take part. Im tempted to fake a cough (my wife complicit obviously) and not go on that grounds or something.

This is such a fucking shit show. I feel so angry and sad and morally conflicted and furious and miserable.
    What are the consequences of not going, other than being alienated from the insane parts of the family, which sounds like a blessing in disguise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

The father in law part.

I am told not attending is not an option as this would effectively sever all ties...
    A really shitty situation, however quite aside from the other idiocy you describe this bit leaps out as an excellent reason not to go.

Anyone who puts out ultimatums like that is an irredeemable shitlord who is doing you a service by threatening to cut you off.

Faking a cough and taking a family trip to Barnard Castle to check your health seems like the better option, if Mrs Lall is on-side.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    I am told not attending is not an option as this would effectively sever all ties...
    A really shitty situation, however quite aside from the other idiocy you describe this bit leaps out as an excellent reason not to go.

Anyone who puts out ultimatums like that is an irredeemable shitlord who is doing you a service by threatening to cut you off.

Faking a cough and taking a family trip to Barnard Castle to check your health seems like the better option, if Mrs Lall is on-side.
    If it were an ultimatum you are absolutely right I would do what you suggest. Sadly its not been expressed, it's just been interpreted by my wife/MIL (who agree with me) as such.

It's really not worth the risk though, and hopefully the rest of the 100+ invitees are also sane enough not to go. If this is the consequences so be it, but with that many people at a funeral for someone that died of the rona you're just asking to catch it.

Shitty situation, but your priority is your kid and wife now mate, not the feelings of idiots who don't want to follow the rules.

Tbh I'd even consider giving a cheeky tip off to the authorities about it.
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

They say, repeatedly and emphatically, that only 30 will turn up (which is (fairly insanely) allowed under the rules).

If his daughter and his wife agree with you... he has already lost.

Give him a way to climb down gracefully but look out for your family first.
    He's not going to cut his grandson out and if he does, over something like this, you've come out of it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by cucaldvida View Post
    ...suck on the devices of the callow people...

100+ invites, are they cutting off 70+ people then? Or just you?

Still, really shitty situation, shame about that cough you have that'll stop you from going.

Not wanting to sound like a bootlicker but this is one of those instances where a tip-off (or two) may be appropriate.
    I don't see how the venues involved would be ok with the numbers you suggest turning up so they'd be putting themselves at risk by not limiting numbers (presumably they're not aware of the number of invites your FIL has put out).
    I'm quite sure that a wake in someone's front yard is still bound by the 'rule of six'. Intend to be fashionably late and give the fuzz a ring some time before you set off.

Just sorry that such a shitty time had to get that much shittier, but I would not go. Or maybe go in a full hazmat suit, and spray everyone with disinfectant.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    Not wanting to sound like a bootlicker but this is one of those instances where a tip-off (or two) may be appropriate.
    This. Also your ties will be pretty severed if they end up dead anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    This. Also your ties will be pretty severed if they end up dead anyway
    >Implying COVID is particularly deadly...

Lall's outlining a potential super spreader event (which is also going to be packed with old people) which is exactly what all the current restrictions are supposed to prevent.

Fake edit...
    There's flexing the rules a bit and blatantly taking the piss. What's described here is clearly the latter.
    Last edited by Totally Not Larkonnis; December 2 2020 at 02:44:04 AM.

This.

If it wasn't a funeral and thus highly inappropriate, I would suggest showing up in a hazmat suit. Malicious compliance and such.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget