hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 165663646566
Results 1,301 to 1,312 of 1312

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    IMO Rent until the next economic crisis/housing bubble, then get financing and buy (assuming your job is recession proof). Global recession is coming thanks to Tarrif man too, just a matter of time. Markets are so inflated right now there's no almost point buying anything.
    Yeah, I am just waiting for the economy to collapse again before buying. Prices in Colorado (Denver area) are out of hand, especially since legalizing pot. I have faith in Trump.
    Won't happen while boomers are still the majority demographic. They were bought off last time, they'll be bought off this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    IMO Rent until the next economic crisis/housing bubble, then get financing and buy (assuming your job is recession proof). Global recession is coming thanks to Tarrif man too, just a matter of time. Markets are so inflated right now there's no almost point buying anything.
    There is merit in this approach, but I see baby boomers continuing to downsize and buy up everything under $300k. And this process will continue for years, so any good deals will be snapped up.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

I moved to the city I am in now to await a bubble and hang on to sweet low rent and higher wages. I dont care much about muh safety since I am a 6'3" white dude that doesn't look rich or fun to rob. If you can move to a cheaper place and still work, I'd advise it but since you arent in a rush, examine your rental agency or find less binding contracts. The US is a nightmare for varying tenant rights, not sure how good yours will be based on where you are now or where you wanna be.

All in all you should move out, it will teach you a lot and you'll have some stories in the end.

I managed to secure a work place that was great (minus 2h round about commute which was tolerable). Got conned into accepting a position "20 minutes closer". Turns out the place is a complete shithole (not my words) and the traffic makes it 40 minutes extra (although in actual miles IT IS closer).

Apparently although I've been promised that I'll be moved to the previous job if I don't like it here I'm going to be stuck here for another 2 weeks as a minimum and 12 weeks as a maximum. FML.

Also did suicide watch and support for a former colleague who (luckily unsuccessfuly attempted really determined and by all common sense should be ded now but lo and behold) and managed to become emotionally drained completely. Also may have fallen for her inadvertedly because why the fuck not (interest was there before this whole story, however, which my therapist says is "better" in that I'm not attracted only by people in mental distress. FML #2. Obviously she's uninterested in anything else besides sleeping (not with anyone, though), to me it looks like deep depression I can't help with and she refuses to see a therapist but uses me as an outlet.

Washing machine died. Landlord replaced for free with a better one and I have no idea what I'm doing with it (roughly). Good stuff, tho, I suppose.

I just want a 3 year holiday on a beach somewhere with cocktails with tiny straw hats and a couple of hookers. But I'm so exhausted I might just sleep through it all anyway. Fuck. It. All. With. A. Stick.

I'm not actually angry though, I know I fucked myself royally job-wise but that's my own doing and at the moment I'm working on forgiving myself and trying to make the best I can do with what I got. Which is not much, but it's honest work, I suppose \_(ツ)_/
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

The suicide watch thing, while noble, sounds like it may be unhealthy for you, if you are pining over her and she isn't in a position to have a relationship. Take care of yourself first, or you can't really help others. Sounds selfish, but I don't know if you have the strength to get used like that without harming yourself.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

2-12 weeks isn't all that long. In fact it'll all be over before Christmas!

Have a laugh at yourself and don't worry about it too much - it's infinitely easier to put up with something like that when you know it's only temporary. Take the opportunity to make some contacts at that site; find out who's useful to know and who has to be... worked around. There's no substitute for face to face knowledge for that kind of thing and it might serve you well when you shift to the other site.
    I love Malcanis!

So I'm about to quit a solid well paying job to start my own business. I can't tell if I'm shitting myself through fear or excitement.
    She did what?

Quote Originally Posted by Chakrai View Post
    So I'm about to quit a solid well paying job to start my own business. I can't tell if I'm shitting myself through fear or excitement.
    As long as you've got some reserve cash and didn't burn any bridges on your way out.
    I love Malcanis!

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Sturdy Coffee tables!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    The suicide watch thing, while noble, sounds like it may be unhealthy for you, if you are pining over her and she isn't in a position to have a relationship. Take care of yourself first, or you can't really help others. Sounds selfish, but I don't know if you have the strength to get used like that without harming yourself.
    I don't know either. I don't even know why I was there, the whole thing seemed like a bad dream. But I know I didn't want to try to seduce somebody in that state.
    And it is not noble, it's quite nightmarish. All I could do for a while was listen and be terrified of making things worse as well as try to control sadfaces.

It will be ok, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    2-12 weeks isn't all that long. In fact it'll all be over before Christmas!

Have a laugh at yourself and don't worry about it too much - it's infinitely easier to put up with something like that when you know it's only temporary. Take the opportunity to make some contacts at that site; find out who's useful to know and who has to be... worked around. There's no substitute for face to face knowledge for that kind of thing and it might serve you well when you shift to the other site.
    You, I like your attitude. I'm working on doing exactly that and tbh it'll help me appreciate other things more. I don't really believe in bad hands dealt, but I know one can make it worse in failing inhow to deal with them properly. I always had some stuff to gain from seemingly bad situations.

But I'll need more therapy and that is annoying. Had a session last week after a few months and it was so good that it convinced me it's a good investment moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Sturdy Coffee tables!

Vibrating too.
    She did what?

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Sturdy Coffee tables!

Vibrating too.
    Somehow Cullnerd's joke flew right past me, but now I remember