hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1395

Thread: Emo Thread Mk.VIII - It always rains. In my soul.

  1. #1361
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,258
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.


  2. #1362
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.
    That's shit.

    Does she live with her parents? If so, it's still shit but probably more justified. If I didn't think it'd be far worse for a whole host of reasons, I'd have a conversation with my brother about not visiting his kids (at all preferably or at least as often) because he lives with my mum (69YO, with a body destroyed by chemo). In any event, his kids aren't going to be staying with him for the duration so there's no risk of direct transmission between them and mum.

    But in which case, she'd better be doing some pretty extreme social distancing.

    If not, do you have any recourse?

    If not, has she offered alternatives like setting aside time that you can play games with your kid remotely? IIRC correctly he's too young to play online games with, but even then there's options like being able to read to him for story time.

  3. #1363
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.
    It's almost like you need to go legal on her ass mate

  4. #1364
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.
    It's almost like you need to go legal on her ass mate
    he needs a coffee table for that

  5. #1365
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    23,016
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyee

    MI8m8

  6. #1366
    Totally Not Larkonnis's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25, 2012
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.
    It's almost like you need to go legal on her ass mate
    Seeing as I'm not going to spend any money on taking him on holiday this year I might as well spend it on my solicitor.
    Last edited by Totally Not Larkonnis; March 22 2020 at 01:23:01 AM.


  7. #1367
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    I'm sure nobody will be surprised that the ex is using the current situation as an excuse to prevent me from seeing my son because of the risk to him (a fit child under ten with no underlying health conditions, a demographic with no deaths or serious complications), her (a rather fit person in her 30's with no underlying health conditions) or her parents (fit people under 70 with no underlying health conditions). While I work in a location where people practice good personal hygiene while at work.
    Is she the type to get pissed off after having to do all the parenting work after a while? because I've seen this game played with more than one of my acquaintences, where their exes used the threat of witholding access as a way to make them dance like puppets. But when they finally got sick of it and called the bluff instead of folding, turns out those exes often had plans for the weekend after all and maybe you can see the kid I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  8. #1368
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,475
    Maybe wrong thread but could use some internet stranger fist bumps right now...

    Got word of a really old friend of mine being taken to hospital yesterday, in really serious condition. Full death anxiety telling his brother (over the phone) to just go the fuck away and let him die alone in his home. That he didnt want to go to sleep as if he never wakes up, dying in hospital without talking to family it would be worth than death...

    Emergency services somehow managed to get in and "forcibly" took him straight to ICU and put him to sleep with full breathing assistance and all that shit.
    He's not old, 40-ish, but he is absolutely not in peak health generally speaking, severe sleep apnea, overweight, no exercise really etc. Doesnt smoke tho. Either way, that is a list that puts him in the real danger zone.

    And I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to do, I feel quite sick thinking about it. I got this through another close friend and he told me the brother (who is a really good friend as well) want to keep this on the real down-low for now so I cant really call him either as I'm not supposed to know...

    Fuck. fuck fuuuuuck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  9. #1369
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,872
    Shit sucks man. Have an internet stranger fist bump.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  10. #1370
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Maybe wrong thread but could use some internet stranger fist bumps right now...

    Got word of a really old friend of mine being taken to hospital yesterday, in really serious condition. Full death anxiety telling his brother (over the phone) to just go the fuck away and let him die alone in his home. That he didnt want to go to sleep as if he never wakes up, dying in hospital without talking to family it would be worth than death...

    Emergency services somehow managed to get in and "forcibly" took him straight to ICU and put him to sleep with full breathing assistance and all that shit.
    He's not old, 40-ish, but he is absolutely not in peak health generally speaking, severe sleep apnea, overweight, no exercise really etc. Doesnt smoke tho. Either way, that is a list that puts him in the real danger zone.

    And I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to do, I feel quite sick thinking about it. I got this through another close friend and he told me the brother (who is a really good friend as well) want to keep this on the real down-low for now so I cant really call him either as I'm not supposed to know...

    Fuck. fuck fuuuuuck!
    The reality is you can't do anything, I think it's easy to search for solutions when there is a problem and you aren't a shit person. You are well aware of all the realities of the situation. Just have to wait it out. If things go well, you'll feel better, and can talk to your friend. If they don't you'll have other people to talk with about it for sure. I really hope it works out, it's been a shitty nightmare for a lot of people in your exact situation right now. If he gets through this, give him a call, you'd be suprised how good it feels to have that happen after a bad time in a hospital.

  11. #1371
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,475
    Thanks.
    No real change as of before weekend, serious but stable ive been told. He has been a sleep for a week now and that was the plan hence they should taking up today/tomorrow.
    If they have to keep him down would not be a good sign, but I cant do much but wait and hope it's good enough to continue healing without machinery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  12. #1372
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Thanks.
    No real change as of before weekend, serious but stable ive been told. He has been a sleep for a week now and that was the plan hence they should taking up today/tomorrow.
    If they have to keep him down would not be a good sign, but I cant do much but wait and hope it's good enough to continue healing without machinery.
    Been told he is now awake but he was down longer than average apparentl. He has talked, very briefly, to his brother. Sounded extremely weak but I guess that is expected, he still gets help with breathing but sounds like its going the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  13. #1373
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Thanks.
    No real change as of before weekend, serious but stable ive been told. He has been a sleep for a week now and that was the plan hence they should taking up today/tomorrow.
    If they have to keep him down would not be a good sign, but I cant do much but wait and hope it's good enough to continue healing without machinery.
    Been told he is now awake but he was down longer than average apparentl. He has talked, very briefly, to his brother. Sounded extremely weak but I guess that is expected, he still gets help with breathing but sounds like its going the right direction.
    Good news, at least.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  14. #1374
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,606
    :brofist:
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  15. #1375
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    1,078
    That is excellent news, glad you got some information, hope you get to talk with him soon.

  16. #1376
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,475
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Thanks.
    No real change as of before weekend, serious but stable ive been told. He has been a sleep for a week now and that was the plan hence they should taking up today/tomorrow.
    If they have to keep him down would not be a good sign, but I cant do much but wait and hope it's good enough to continue healing without machinery.
    Been told he is now awake but he was down longer than average apparentl. He has talked, very briefly, to his brother. Sounded extremely weak but I guess that is expected, he still gets help with breathing but sounds like its going the right direction.
    Good news, at least.
    And now confirmed much better, that fuckin idiot took a selfie with a hose up his nose. If he fucks this up I'm going kill him myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  17. #1377
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,240
    Not really looking for help or advice i don't think, just an outlet... mum's been in an induced coma for two weeks now in ICU with pancreatitis. she's always been a heavy smoker, and up until a few years ago quite a heavy drinker, but i didn't expect her to be potentially dead from something like this...lung or liver cancer sure. It's even worse because i can't go see her (not even sure if i could, i should - don't want last memories to be her hooked up to machines and not there and i feel pretty selfish even thinking that) and worse because although she wasn't ever really a mum in the traditional sense, she was always the practical one that would fix problems and this is something i can't fix for her. she's getting steadily worse and there's no operating or drugs that can be done, so probably in for a few more weeks of this unless she starts to pull through and then i'm in for probably a few months of it.

  18. #1378
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,606


    :brofist:

  19. #1379
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post


    :brofist:
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  20. #1380
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    7,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post


    :brofist:

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •