hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Daily Routines - How regimented should one be, any recommendations on sticking to one

  1. #21
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Great advice so far.

    #1 Exploit low wage cleaners in order to have an extra half an hour every day to pontificate about females in CEO positions
    #2 Take a shit every morning
    #3 Chaos

  2. #22
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,251

  3. #23
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,859
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    if i wanted a regimented routine id have joined the army

  4. #24
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    15,689
    It's not that regimented

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  5. #25
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    1,703
    Give it a few years more cuts and there will just be the One True Regiment.

  6. #26
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaikar View Post
    Give it a few years more cuts and there will just be the One True Regiment.
    I will be there.

  7. #27
    spitroast's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2015
    Location
    Angry Northern Bastard, UK
    Posts
    2,221
    You need a routine of some kind if you're waking kids for school otherwise all bets are off as regards to how the rest of your day pans out if you're late and have had some kind of teenage meltdown and blazing row whilst shoving them out of the door

    I can do without that shit so my routine would make Rain Man proud

  8. #28
    CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Location
    Matari Exodus
    Posts
    782
    Have a kid.

    A routine will swiftly follow. That, or you will die.

    [EDIT] - Snap. spitroast beat me too it.

  9. #29
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,228
    say I dont have kids but want to channel the inhuman amount of work required by them into my non child infested life

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  10. #30
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,251
    Foster puppies.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #31
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,484
    srs posting
      Spoiler:
    Keep lists of short term things that need to be done (dishes, car to the mechanic, ikea for a picture frame). Schedule specific times for these to happen on your calendar. Be an insufferable cunt about sticking to those time slots. Feel good about marking things off as done.

    Keep lists of mid-long term goals (lose 10lbs by Christmas, $1000 more in savings account by June 1st). Goals should be specific and measurable. Be an autist about measuring them, weigh yourself every day and put it in excel etc.

    Having goals that are measurable, and a list of things you need to get done will naturally settle you into a sustainable routine as you break your long-term goals down into short term ones and work backward into what you need to do to get there. Unfortunately this kind of thing is simple, not easy thus the need to be a bit of an autist at first.


    Your current evening routine probably looks like this... Dog-tired, grab beer from the fridge, flop down on couch. Wife comes home, does the same. Watch tv, chat about our day. Oh fuck it's 7:30pm feeling hungry, shit there's no food in the house and the dishes are piled up in the sink! Fuck it let's just get take out Chinese. Eat, watch more tv, have another beer, go to bed.

    All you really need to do is wash the dishes once, get groceries on Sunday and then... Come home dog-tired, turn on stove, grab beer. Watch tv for 10mins, throw potatoes in pot, chicken in pan. Flip chicken, throw broccoli in with potatoes, go back to tv for ten mins. Wife comes home, throw food on plates, eat dinner, wash dishes. Back to the couch.

    Your wife might object to eating the same thing every night of the week, but you get the idea. Prep once or twice a week, and start simple.



    Masturbate no more than three times per day but not less than three times per week. This keeps the mind focused and the prostate in clean working condition.

  12. #32
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    say I dont have kids but want to channel the inhuman amount of work required by them into my non child infested life
    buy some tropical plants

    my fucking Bromeliad demands way too much of my time to keep it from dying

    I assume children/fish/spiders are roughly the same

  13. #33
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,333
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    srs posting
      Spoiler:
    Keep lists of short term things that need to be done (dishes, car to the mechanic, ikea for a picture frame). Schedule specific times for these to happen on your calendar. Be an insufferable cunt about sticking to those time slots. Feel good about marking things off as done.

    Keep lists of mid-long term goals (lose 10lbs by Christmas, $1000 more in savings account by June 1st). Goals should be specific and measurable. Be an autist about measuring them, weigh yourself every day and put it in excel etc.

    Having goals that are measurable, and a list of things you need to get done will naturally settle you into a sustainable routine as you break your long-term goals down into short term ones and work backward into what you need to do to get there. Unfortunately this kind of thing is simple, not easy thus the need to be a bit of an autist at first.


    Your current evening routine probably looks like this... Dog-tired, grab beer from the fridge, flop down on couch. Wife comes home, does the same. Watch tv, chat about our day. Oh fuck it's 7:30pm feeling hungry, shit there's no food in the house and the dishes are piled up in the sink! Fuck it let's just get take out Chinese. Eat, watch more tv, have another beer, go to bed.

    All you really need to do is wash the dishes once, get groceries on Sunday and then... Come home dog-tired, turn on stove, grab beer. Watch tv for 10mins, throw potatoes in pot, chicken in pan. Flip chicken, throw broccoli in with potatoes, go back to tv for ten mins. Wife comes home, throw food on plates, eat dinner, wash dishes. Back to the couch.

    Your wife might object to eating the same thing every night of the week, but you get the idea. Prep once or twice a week, and start simple.



    Masturbate no more than three times per day but not less than three times per week. This keeps the mind focused and the prostate in clean working condition.
    Sunscreen?
    allright baz
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  14. #34
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,228
    I wear sunscreen every day

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  15. #35
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    358
    Does anyone actually wank more than once a day?

    I normally save it for my pre-sleepytime routine, along with sobbing and vaseline

  16. #36
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Anatidae Rising
    Posts
    11,333
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Does anyone actually wank more than once a day?

    I normally save it for my pre-sleepytime routine, along with sobbing and vaseline
    Sometimes i crank one out 4 or 5 times an afternoon just to stave off the hunger
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

  17. #37
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Does anyone actually wank more than once a day?

    I normally save it for my pre-sleepytime routine, along with sobbing and vaseline
    Sometimes i crank one out 4 or 5 times an afternoon just to stave off the hunger
    Really? I'd get bored/sore tbh

  18. #38
    Mallet Head Donor 56k Lagman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5, 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,228
    on a good day I could bust one out like 5-6 times mate

    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

    phoneposting

  19. #39
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,943
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    say I dont have kids but want to channel the inhuman amount of work required by them into my non child infested life
    buy some tropical plants

    my fucking Bromeliad demands way too much of my time to keep it from dying

    I assume children/fish/spiders are roughly the same
    My tarantulas need so little effort to keep, just keep the water dishes topped up and chuck something to eat into their enclosures once a month and they are good. I can go away for over a week and know they will be ok when I get back. I have had fish before and they were so much effort, ended up giving them away as I was never at home because of work and it was just a running battle in keeping the tank not shit.

    When I was keeping a regular daily routine it was basically trying to nail down a regular time I would go to bed so I wouldn't feel ruined the next day. I can never keep that going which is probably a reason my life is a mess. Only things I do on a routine basis is see my mates for some nerd shit on Thursdays (maybe Sunday too) and do food shopping & wash my work clothes on a Saturday. I can't see it needing to be anything other than that other than adding at least one bike ride or gym visit at some point during the week. Honestly most weeks I just take as they come.

    Financially I just use a program called You Need A Budget and it has kept me on track with my spending. Helps me quantify what I am spending my money on and make sure I am putting money away when I know my ground rent/car insurance/etc. is coming up or if I want to save for something shiny like a holiday. Been a bit of a godsend as I had a problem of impulse buying things and then realising that money was needed elsewhere. The newest version is a subscription service but if you can find the old YNAB4, which was a one-off purchase, it is more than enough to keep shit together. I picked it up on steam of all places a few years ago for a fiver but I am not sure if you will need to find a pirated version since YNAB4 is not the currently supported version.

    Food wise I have used Gousto one or two times a month so I don't end up cooking the same meals all the time. It is a recipe subscription service (I don't subscribe, only buy one-off boxes) so they send only enough to cook the recipes what you picked so there should be no food waste and there is nothing stopping you just getting the stuff from the supermarket if you find something you like. I live in the UK but I am sure there will be similar services out on your side of the Atlantic. Also just do the dishes as soon as you are done eating, saying you will do them tomorrow is a lie everyone tells themselves.

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

  20. #40
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Posts
    358
    Yeah I have a Gooty in a tank behind me. I should have specified fish etc as a high upkeep pet

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •