hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Routines - How regimented should one be, any recommendations on sticking to one

Daily Routines - How regimented should one be, any recommendations on sticking to one

Friends,

I'm working on setting up a proper routine/daily plan to keep on top of things. All I have read into the subject so far is this. Do any of you have recommendations on other resources worth reading?

I'm just trying to get a bit more structure in my day to day life, this is following on from a long discussion I had with lagwoman about our plans for the next year, we got something promising down on paper but it's somewhat reliant on us being well behaved financially. I thought the best way to keep us in good shape is to sort out our problems with planning out meals, an extension of that is keeping all of the other shit that conflicts with that in line (for example doing the dishes regularly and starting meals earlier).

Do any of you follow an actual documented routine daily?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

I get up, take a shit and a shower.

It's p. much all chaos from there out.

Smuggo
    Yeah I just get up and see what happens.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I don't know if this is true for everyone, but for me it seems pretty much the only ways to consistently do exercise is to make it one of my main hobbies (if I love it) or to make it an inflexible part of your routine (if I dont). I've varied between these over the years.

Consistency of going to bed at the same time has also had a very massive influence on my motivation and energy levels. This leads back to the time you eat, as eating too late will push back your sleep time or else disturb your sleep. I dont think you need to be strictly regimented but just aim for something early and don't let it slip toooo much.

Stuff like doing the dishes etc - the only way to do this consistently is to do it the second you notice it needs doing. "I'll just play another game then do it" never works. Fortunately for washing up its SO MUCH EASIER to do it as you go along while you cook - it takes 1/3 the time because its still hot / uncongealed.

Final point: loads of studies have confirmed that the one way in which money CAN consistently buy you happiness is by buying time/convenience - i.e. get a cleaner in once every other week, get a dishwasher, etc. Don't assume that just because you CAN do something yourself, that you should. Put a value on your time and the level of enjoyment (or discomfort) you get doing it.

YMMV but that sums it up for me

Wake up, fall out of bed, drag a comb across my head.

Great advice so far.

#1 Exploit low wage cleaners in order to have an extra half an hour every day to pontificate about females in CEO positions
    #2 Take a shit every morning
    #3 Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Great advice so far.

#1 Exploit low wage cleaners in order to have an extra half an hour every day to pontificate about females in CEO positions
    #3 Chaos
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Keckers again.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    have a lovely big poo in the morning and think about what key things i can't forget to do in the day

do key things

come home

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    I get up, take a shit and a shower.

It's p. much all chaos from there out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Great advice so far.

#3 Chaos
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    have a lovely big poo in the morning and think about what key things i can't forget to do in the day

do key things

come home

I crap in work lads, I rarely pinch one out before I leave in the mornings

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Final point: loads of studies have confirmed that the one way in which money CAN consistently buy you happiness is by buying time/convenience - i.e. get a cleaner in once every other week, get a dishwasher, etc. Don't assume that just because you CAN do something yourself, that you should. Put a value on your time and the level of enjoyment (or discomfort) you get doing it.

YMMV but that sums it up for me
    That's a good shout mate I'll bear that in mind

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

if i wanted a regimented routine id have joined the army

Shitting on company time is also a good shout if you can't pinch one out before work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

LSD in all the things
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

If you are starting off as a disorganized poorly motivated mess, then you should slowly integrate the routine into your life. Write down the perfect routine you want to achieve, then look at each item on the routine and number them by priority.

Start your first week just committing to the top priority item and leave the rest as you would normally do it. The second week just commit to doing the 1st and 2nd priority items and leave the rest normal. The third week do the 1st, 2nd and 3rd etc etc.

If you fuckup and miss out on the routine you have been building up on any particular day, just shrug your shoulders and commit to doing better the next day. Just make sure on those fuckup days you take care of anything that might hurt your routine the day after.

You will probably find that you don't ever reach the end of your priority list. That's fine. Too much regimentation can turn you into a boring fucker. Just get the top 80% of your priorities organised and let the rest stay dynamic.

call me the asstrynamer cos im always tryna get that ass
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Friends,

I'm working on setting up a proper routine/daily plan to keep on top of things. All I have read into the subject so far is this. Do any of you have recommendations on other resources worth reading?

I'm just trying to get a bit more structure in my day to day life, this is following on from a long discussion I had with lagwoman about our plans for the next year, we got something promising down on paper but it's somewhat reliant on us being well behaved financially. I thought the best way to keep us in good shape is to sort out our problems with planning out meals, an extension of that is keeping all of the other shit that conflicts with that in line (for example doing the dishes regularly and starting meals earlier).

Do any of you follow an actual documented routine daily?
    id say first off dotn take any advice from a dumbass fucking blog that starts with a nice opening picture of a wholesome fat ugly preggo bitch smiling doing some nondescript thing in her clean well lit middle class front room

like seriously fuck you why are there post it notes on a fucking whiteboard

also still have no idea what that dumbass thing in the picture frame at the back is meant to be

as for actual proper life advice mate i got no fucking clue mine is a disaster

bro

phoneposting

Rub one out, shit one out and there we go.

Quote Originally Posted by tHornton View Post
    as for actual proper life advice mate i got no fucking clue mine is a disaster
    All I see is Creatin, which I'm pretty sure isn't good when preggo.

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

do key things

come home

I crap in work lads, I rarely pinch one out before I leave in the mornings
    This. Besides, if you're good at something, never do it for free.