hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

You'll be able to when you've got damned good fitting skills, but for now it is just gimping yourself to try and do it.

Demobs... How do they work??

So I noticed there are 2 types? Do they really only work on legs (for l?) and spiders (for s?).. Does this go with NPCs as well??

Also, neuting NPCs.. how effective?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Long range and Short range

Very uneffective. NPCs won't cheat with set-ups, but they are rumored to have infinite cap to run them with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehulk View Post
    Long range and Short range

Very uneffective. NPCs won't cheat with set-ups, but they are rumored to have infinite cap to run them with.
    So I assume the short range one demobs more? I seriously need to get me one of these so I stop getting arbs killed to rats...

Honestly I don't know. It might just be less fittings/cap to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Hehulk View Post
    NPCs have to have infinite accu, otherwise the Legionnaires (Pelistal Tyrannos NPC mechs) would dry themselves up in a heartbeat since they're fitted with dual neuts and use them all the time. Not to mention running a repper and all the other ewar stuff they carry.

You say that like it would be a bad thing

Oh, it's not bad, afterall, that's the easiest way programmers can cheat while making NPCs seem more formidable against The Player who WILL find out everything he can and utilise every opportunity available. It's not new and unexpected at all.

Fantasy games with Magic / Mana / Whatever, Sci-fi games with Energy / Capacitor / Accumulator , you name it.

It just gets... Annoying sometimes.

It does mean that there is always accu to suck if you have a drainer though.

This is one thing I would like to know, how effective are drainers both in pve and pvp?
    [~A place to talk about autism~]

"You can't alt tab from god"

Why are NeX so dishonourable?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohh_No View Post
    Why are NeX so dishonourable?
    How so? I am looking for a reason to mass murder some.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    How so? I am looking for a reason to mass murder some.
    Looking at the beta killboard, it looks like they have been mass murdering him...

Shields. how do they work?
    I got the impression from looking at the modules that they are out-of-combat modules+ can't shoot when your shield is active?
    Then what use are they or am I missing something?

When you activate a shield generator, any incoming damage drains your capacitor instead of eating into your armour. By default 1 point of damage = 1 unit of cap eaten, shield hardeners bring that up, and I think there's an extension to help it as well. Because it's not hitting your armour, armour hardeners have no effect.

The point of them in PVP is just to give yourself a better buffer. If an entire enemy team opens up on you with heavy firepower, having that 2-8k extra effective HP can and will save you so long as you turn it on while they're all still locking you.

They are also fantastic for RR gangs or support bots, all ewar and support modules work through them as well as mining lasers. A shield tanked dps mech with a couple of remote energy transfer bots and remote repair works very well against heavy damage opposition. The DPS mech can drop shields and volley fire, when its armour buffer is to low re-shield up and repaired very good for point defence with the support bots out of LOS (come on Terraforming).

You can use them to drop a decoy bot in for PvE as well.. run in, get agro, shield up while buddies come in and pwn them (the rats will actually then agro the damage dealers, but then you can drop shields and join in the fun).

Also it is apparently common for the tackler in PvP to JUST do the initial tackle to give the bigger mechs time to get in range and apply tackle themselves. I guess once this has been done you could use a shield to stop your small tackler from getting absolutely owned in a revenge attack and get the hell out of there.. Personally I would use an ewar bot for this and then keep them around jamming people so they aren't useless, but that's just me and my piles and piles of NIC..

TMA Bots that die and blowing up in Area effect kaboom. How much will it take off, and at what radius?
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    TMA Bots that die and blowing up in Area effect kaboom. How much will it take off, and at what radius?
    Type of bot= area of effect, afaik mechs 100 assaults are 50.
    Damage= dependent on armor, also their is a modifier by accumulator. Its not a direct modifier but more along the lines of if your under 50% cap you have -x% to explosion damage.

Sorry if I can't give more specific numbers. Same size bot= very close to all your armor, bigger bot= death. This is +/- plates and the like.

Happens with npcs on beta as well as people if you want to test it a bit.

If you want to be a suicide bomber fit plates+lots of demobs. The plates will make you resist other people's demobs and it will be easy to hug enemies. If the enemy is the same size as you (armor wise) you really just need to take his armor to half before you die for a guaranteed kill. With mods being worth massively more than the bot sub mk2/heavy this is pretty damn viable if used in conjunction with a scout for your t4 detector/loot grabbing. The problem being ofc being that 100m is a very small distance barring terrain, and no one wants to engage anywhere near it as fights don't start at warp to 0 but spotting players 1k-1.5k off.

Do expired trial accounts still exist or you have to activate during the trial?

Yeah I know its silly question but game is made out of spit and glue and trial is unprecedentedly restrictive, so who knows.