hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64

Thread: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

  1. #21
    Ryoko Matsui's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by kay farriday
    Slight Edit:This seems to be rather good http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Help:Weapons_and_ammo , but I'd like some extra input from any of the perp vets as well if possible.
    It's about right, what it does lack is the weapon masses though.

    lightest to heaviest:
    Lasers
    Magneto (EM / Gauss)
    Missiles
    Firearms

    Accu use is also a big advantage/disadvantage depending how you look at it. Magneto and Lasers eat accu like crazy where as Missiles and Firearms have next to no accu use.

    Also, there is no bot (apart from the noobie Arkhe) that has Firearms bonuses.

  2. #22
    dzajic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15, 2011
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Anyone know a list of all limitations of trial accounts? (other than simply saying its draconian)

  3. #23
    Ryoko Matsui's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic
    Anyone know a list of all limitations of trial accounts? (other than simply saying its draconian)
    Trial accounts have the following limitations:

    Creating and joining player-run corporations is disabled
    The market is limited to NPC orders, and only direct selling or buying is possible (no order placing)
    NIC transfer and direct trading with other players is disabled
    Putting items into field containers is disabled
    Sending ingame mails is disabled

    Beyond these, trial accounts work like normal accounts, there are no other limitations to EP accumulation or other features. Of course redeeming a game code to a trial account will instantly lift these limitations, and the account will live on as a normal account containing everything the player has achieved on it.

    from: http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2011-03-19

  4. #24
    I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    irrelevant kapelle
    Posts
    8,708

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    If I accept a mission by squad... does the relationship increase depend on eah individual pilots diplomacy skill?

    How long do field containers last? How roomy are they?


    Can we threadnaught the absurdly low.recycling rates?
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

  5. #25
    Ryoko Matsui's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros
    If I accept a mission by squad... does the relationship increase depend on eah individual pilots diplomacy skill?

    How long do field containers last? How roomy are they?


    Can we threadnaught the absurdly low.recycling rates?
    yes, relation gain is dependent on each squad members personal extensions (this also applies to the relation cap I mentioned earlier in this thread)

    unaccessed field container lasts for 15 minutes (or is it 20, can't be sure), any access to one resets the counter, and they got no limits (it's a black hoooooooolllleeeee! :P )

    Recycle rates are ok, they make miners actually be necessary since you can't just recyc all the minerals you need from loot. Although, I do tend to get enough loot so that I can MOSTLY build my own ammo just from loot recycling. But for any serious building it's not even near enough.

  6. #26
    I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    irrelevant kapelle
    Posts
    8,708

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Im specifically referring to the rate for high ends.

    At a level 2 recycling plant the high end recycle rate is .25% by default and extensions at max raise it to 10% which is utterly absurd. 1/4% trollolol
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

  7. #27
    Space Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    here is a pretty dumb question: how the hell do i bring up my buddy list so i can lurk people?

  8. #28
    Gix Tyrionn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Posts
    427

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda
    here is a pretty dumb question: how the hell do i bring up my buddy list so i can lurk people?
    agent profile>relations>friends

  9. #29
    Space Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    derp, thanks.

  10. #30
    Donor Alena Redruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    58

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Once i get an assault bot (waspish) should i keep running combat missions, or should i go rat somewhere? and if so any suggestions?

  11. #31
    Space Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Are there invulnerability timers upon undock and "jumping"? Like with that session timer thing, can I be attacked during that time?

  12. #32
    Ryoko Matsui's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30, 2011
    Posts
    38

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alena Redruth
    Once i get an assault bot (waspish) should i keep running combat missions, or should i go rat somewhere? and if so any suggestions?
    Both (assignments & ratting) are good ways to make some NIC, if I were you, I'd stay on New Virginia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Panda
    Are there invulnerability timers upon undock and "jumping"? Like with that session timer thing, can I be attacked during that time?
    Yes, there's a "Syndicate protection" timer, as long as you do NOTHING (move, activate mods) it'll protect you from attacks.

  13. #33
    Space Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Posts
    1,509

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Interesting, thanks.

  14. #34
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Died on New Virginia crew checking in... 3rd tier rats are HARD in a light bot.. Especially with no skills.. If anyone would like to try and farm them in all in for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  15. #35

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    6,316

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Is this the game which got a slagging off a year or so back for being a ripoff of Eve but worse, that got better and is now for cool kids ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  16. #36

    Join Date
    May 1, 2011
    Posts
    47

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    So I just bought an arbalest and I suck at fitting it I can't make the best use of its slots (mainly the 2 medium gun slots) anyone have a good fitting for me. It is going to be used for ratting at the moment.

  17. #37
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    4,948

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Simokon
    So I just bought an arbalest and I suck at fitting it I can't make the best use of its slots (mainly the 2 medium gun slots) anyone have a good fitting for me. It is going to be used for ratting at the moment.
    Don't fit Med weapons to light or assault bots that should sort the fitting.

    4 guns, sensor amp, rep. and fill the spare slots with damage mods and hardeners and possibly an accu re-charger if needed.

    "Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Attalica
    Posts
    8

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    What are the resist weaknesses of the 4(?) 'races' of bots, and, what's the best guns.

    I've just got started and already lost a bot to NPC's

  19. #39
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,923

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwackers
    What are the resist weaknesses of the 4(?) 'races' of bots, and, what's the best guns.

    I've just got started and already lost a bot to NPC's
    Added this to the info thread.. (Sticky just above this one)
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    May 1, 2011
    Posts
    47

    Re: [MEGATHREAD] Dumb questions, good answers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn
    Quote Originally Posted by Simokon
    So I just bought an arbalest and I suck at fitting it I can't make the best use of its slots (mainly the 2 medium gun slots) anyone have a good fitting for me. It is going to be used for ratting at the moment.
    Don't fit Med weapons to light or assault bots that should sort the fitting.

    4 guns, sensor amp, rep. and fill the spare slots with damage mods and hardeners and possibly an accu re-charger if needed.
    I want to use the medium gun slots though! /rage :P

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •