hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Android Firefox and Chromecast ...

Android Firefox and Chromecast ...

this is driving me into madness ... does it work or not?

All info i can find ist from 2014 where it say "it does work in beta" ... now we have 2017 and i don't get any current information about it. Fact is, that whereever i try, i don't get any option to cast to the Chromecast from within Firefox (Android).

So what is the deal? What am i doing wrong?

It does not work.. Use chrome on your android device like god intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    It does not work.. Use chrome on your android device like god intended.
    But why does the internet not know this? Even the official (i think) mozilla says it works: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...eos-chromecast

I may have found a workaround though ... (stream the whole screen to the chromecast, then start video, press long on it and open with the VLC app -> VLC streams to TV, smartphone-screen stays black. No lag or asynchronous sound.

Well, it states its restrictions there: "[...] go to a website with a video format supported by Chromecast. If you have Adobe Flash Player enabled on your device, disable or uninstall it through your Android settings menu to prevent it from overriding the supported formats."

Have you verified that a video can be chromcasted with Chrome (bowser) from your device but that same video does not work with Firefox?

Smuggo
    Chrome is unfortunately the best browser for using on Android I've found. Use firefox on Windows cos Chrome is a bit wank there but the Android version of FF is pretty shit.

For the few times I use a browser on my Android devices, I use FF. Mainly due my collection of (sync'd) bookmarks. I have no intention to duplicate that collection in another browser, which then would need updating bookmarks from one browser to the other.

I don't use Chrome at all on the desktop, *except* for the very topic of this thread: chromecasting.

Yes I confirmed this.
    I also couldn't find any installation of Adobe flash player. I deactivated add-ons in Firefox. Reinstalled it, but no luck.

I also prefer Firefox because of adblocker. There seems to be no working add on for Chrome.

I am also on an unrooted phone and like to keep it that way. Rooting it will decrease the camera quality (at least certain aspects of it) the last time I considered it.

Gesendet von meinem D5803 mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Chrome is unfortunately the best browser for using on Android I've found. Use firefox on Windows cos Chrome is a bit wank there but the Android version of FF is pretty shit.
    uBlock on FF for Android.
    AFAIK Chrome doesnt support extensions, hence Firefox is inherently better.

<Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Use dns66