hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

View Poll Results: Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Acceptable

6 6.98%
  • 2. Not acceptable

76 88.37%
  • 3. Don't know

4 4.65%

Thread: Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer

Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer

I'm pretty sure everyone has at some point found himself just jumpcloned in to a clone that is inappropriate or in a wrong place to take part in some sort of unforeseen action, and then missing it because of that.

This would allow you to make a yet another clone jump for aurum to a better place/clone and be allow you to take part in whatever it was that suddenly cropped up in the horizon.

You probably still wouldn't be using it all that much if it had the appropriate price, but CCP would still get some extra cash, because unplanned things do happen.

Don't know whether some extra restrictions would need to be placed on just how often you can clonejump, but would it really be such an huge advantage to people with money to burn that we'd need it?

Re: Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

k, so I didn't really consider the whole "get out from station camps" angle, just goes to show how it's really hard to try coming up something that isn't vanity and would work.

I like the easy polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstopia
    WHERE IS CCP AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THEM?????

Not acceptable as is it an MT for convenience that becomes MT for power, for power users.

Administrator Movember 2012 Don Pellegrino's Avatar

It's already kind of possible for people to fight on 2 fronts in the same war. Shortening it would make it even easier, so no.

Personally I would prefer there be a skill that would reduce the time for a single round trip per skill level cutting it in half at lvl 5.

What I mean by this is that if I'm in a pvp clone in 0.0 somewhere and have "Clone Return" (or whatever they would call it) to lvl 5 I could jump to clone in Jita to buy some crap and haul it to my jumping off point and 12 hours later return to my 0.0 clone, but since I've now completed a round trip it would be 24 hours before I could clonejump again.

Truthfully I'd even settle for shifting the time so I could complete a round trip 12 hours later but the 12 hours saved would be added to the next time so instead of 24 it would be 36 hours.

The idea being that it would benifit those that occasionally jump to or from empire and/or 0.0 without really changing the dynamic overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg
    Can it get any more shitty than it is right now? We're currently debating how much is the right price for monocles in our spaceship game. That's bottom of the barrel shitty.

I've always thought this should be a skill thing. A 4x skill, where at level 5, you can jump every six hours. So I think that works out to... 15% reduction in Jump Clone cooldown per level? Make the skill cost somewhere between 2 and 10 million, and hello ISK sink!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
    I've always thought this should be a skill thing. A 4x skill, where at level 5, you can jump every six hours. So I think that works out to... 15% reduction in Jump Clone cooldown per level? Make the skill cost somewhere between 2 and 10 million, and hello ISK sink!
    I'm not sure about 6 hours, that might be a bit much, and my idea is cutting it down enough that say you play from 6-10 every night. Last night at 9 you jump clone back to empire from deep 0.0 and buy some crap and haul it to your jump off point and log for the night. As things sit now when you log on tonight at 6pm your still in empire and can't clone jump until 9pm and most people I know, and have talked to, simply log off once their empire errands are done since there is nothing left for them to do until they can clone jump again.

I understand wanting to limit it but IMO CCP shouldn't be making game mechanics such that the solution is not to play for a day.

Maybe the solution would be to make the skill decrease the time needed to jump to clones located in stations your alliances owns, down to 12 hours at level 5, while all others keep the 24 hour timer.
    Can it get any more shitty than it is right now? We're currently debating how much is the right price for monocles in our spaceship game. That's bottom of the barrel shitty.

Pay aurum to bypass the 24h jump clone timer

Fixing/changing jump clones if done should not be fixed only for those who spend AUR

It should be available for everyone. The JC timer could be shortened to 21-23h, to make it easier to switch between places if you're playing at similar times most days.
    WoT: Area

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying it should cost aur, unless they want to sell a skillbook to reduce the time before you can jumpclone in the Nex store instead of npc seeding it normally.

No, Just NO.

the reason has been stated already. Power Gamers gonna Power Game.

Do not touch.

Hell if anything, the JC timer should be made longer.

No

like the remap thing, if anything this should be a free incarna feature, with drawbacks being:

-decent isk/raw material cost
    -potential skillpoint loss
    -potential implant loss in one or both clones

Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros
    Didn't they already have that one in before? :P

Quote Originally Posted by zergl
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros
    Didn't they already have that one in before? :P
    that was a bug, this would be a feature

no, the 24h timer is there for a reason
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).