hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 296976777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 1641

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

  1. #1561
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    So, I am having a heck of a problem figuring out my case dilemma. My criteria are straightforward: Corsair brand, red and black, has a side window, and supports my H115i 280mm AIO in the front. Sounds simple enough...except it's not.

    I took an early liking to the Crystal 570X RGB, with the numerous red accents and tempered glass. Unfortunately, it also has it's flaws:

    1. The lights for the front logo and PSU shroud appear to be white, with no way to change them. Some images suggest later revisions have RGB lights, but I haven't been able to verify this.
    2. No reset button. Why?
    3. No HDD light. Why?
    4. The front radiator bracket is the main sticking point. It can accommodate 280mm and 360mm radiators, but the hole sizes clearly favor 120mm fans. If I mount my 280mm rad in a pull configuration, then that's a waste of tempered glass on the front. A push config would look wrong.



    I can live with the fans being in a pull config, but it's hardly ideal. One option is to machine a piece of metal to handle 140mm fans, then paint it.

    Another option is to get another case and potentially paint portions of it. I was looking at the iCUE 220T RGB and the iCUE 465X RGB, which also support front 280mm rads, but they also favor 120mm fans with their grill design.

    Help me, Heap of Fail, you're my only hope.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  2. #1562

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,050
    Why are you so dead-set on corsair for the case? They're all over the place.

  3. #1563
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you so dead-set on corsair for the case? They're all over the place.
    I have a Carbide Series 275Q, can you find something better with same features?

  4. #1564

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you so dead-set on corsair for the case? They're all over the place.
    I have a Carbide Series 275Q, can you find something better with same features?
    Looks exactly like your average NZXT with all your usual marketing nonsense.

    And I asked the person who is set on a company yet is having trouble finding a model that suits him, so the question was only natural. They have some great cases and some terrible ones, as do others.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 14 2019 at 02:19:06 PM.

  5. #1565
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you so dead-set on corsair for the case? They're all over the place.
    I have a Carbide Series 275Q, can you find something better with same features?
    Looks exactly like your average NZXT with all your usual marketing nonsense.

    And I asked the person who is set on a company yet is having trouble finding a model that suits him, so the question was only natural. They have some great cases and some terrible ones, as do others.
    Can't find a single one that is single colour black only, brushed aluminium at least at the front, dust filters in every pull hole (beneath power supply counts too) and has soundproofing matts out of the box included. So no, also all look cheap compared to it. If someone can recommend me something better please do, I'll be building new PC soon.

  6. #1566
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,480
    You should just get a beige box.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  7. #1567
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Why are you so dead-set on corsair for the case? They're all over the place.
    I have a Carbide Series 275Q, can you find something better with same features?
    Looks exactly like your average NZXT with all your usual marketing nonsense.

    And I asked the person who is set on a company yet is having trouble finding a model that suits him, so the question was only natural. They have some great cases and some terrible ones, as do others.
    I have come to like Corsair's ecosystem and wanted to do a build using Corsair parts where I can. I did decide not to go for their custom watercooling lineup, though.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  8. #1568
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    So, I am having a heck of a problem figuring out my case dilemma. My criteria are straightforward: Corsair brand, red and black, has a side window, and supports my H115i 280mm AIO in the front. Sounds simple enough...except it's not.

    I took an early liking to the Crystal 570X RGB, with the numerous red accents and tempered glass. Unfortunately, it also has it's flaws:

    1. The lights for the front logo and PSU shroud appear to be white, with no way to change them. Some images suggest later revisions have RGB lights, but I haven't been able to verify this.
    2. No reset button. Why?
    3. No HDD light. Why?
    4. The front radiator bracket is the main sticking point. It can accommodate 280mm and 360mm radiators, but the hole sizes clearly favor 120mm fans. If I mount my 280mm rad in a pull configuration, then that's a waste of tempered glass on the front. A push config would look wrong.



    I can live with the fans being in a pull config, but it's hardly ideal. One option is to machine a piece of metal to handle 140mm fans, then paint it.

    Another option is to get another case and potentially paint portions of it. I was looking at the iCUE 220T RGB and the iCUE 465X RGB, which also support front 280mm rads, but they also favor 120mm fans with their grill design.

    Help me, Heap of Fail, you're my only hope.
    Have you thought about swapping out the water cooling for something with 3 120mm fans e.g. as it is shown here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7pAr-Pmmak

    Edit:

    How to swap out the logo light: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthr...36716&p=936716
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; November 14 2019 at 03:46:00 PM.

  9. #1569
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,330


    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

  10. #1570

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    also all look cheap compared to it.
    Lmao, if there is one thing NZXT cases don't do is look or feel cheap. The build quality is top tier.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I have come to like Corsair's ecosystem and wanted to do a build using Corsair parts where I can. I did decide not to go for their custom watercooling lineup, though.
    Fair play there then. I guess they do some shenanigans with RGB and stuff where it's all connected?

    But yeah to me it sounds like customizing a case is the way to go for you if you have very specific needs. Probably avoid a lot of headache trying to find the right one only to always be one feature out.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 14 2019 at 06:43:30 PM.

  11. #1571
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Fair play there then. I guess they do some shenanigans with RGB and stuff where it's all connected?
    More than that. iCUE is a unified app for fan speed, lighting, temp monitoring, flow control, PSU monitoring, headphone configuration, and more.

    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  12. #1572

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Fair play there then. I guess they do some shenanigans with RGB and stuff where it's all connected?
    More than that. iCUE is a unified app for fan speed, lighting, temp monitoring, flow control, PSU monitoring, headphone configuration, and more.

    Buggy piece of shit is what it is. Uninstalled it after less than a day.

  13. #1573
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,008
    And don’t you have to have Corsair bits for it to work?

  14. #1574

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    And don’t you have to have Corsair bits for it to work?
    Yeah, kind of what this whole thing was about. :P

    But hey, if it works for him more power to him.

  15. #1575
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    I'm thinking I'll be using the Corsair Spec-Delta instead of the Crystal 570X. It would allow a push configuration and costs half as much. I am a bit concerned about airflow, though.

    But I'm torn about the PSU. The RMx went on sale for $75, while the RMi (which I really want) is still stubbornly priced at $140. I mean, I can live with the RMx, but I'm already starting to compromise with the case.

    Damn Cheeto tax.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  16. #1576
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    5,089
    PC is built and installed (how do you embed google Photo images?)
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/DPFTP3eLuSfaxFcp6


    In all its RGB goodness.... behind the right hand monitor it cant be seen, I seem to have run out of desk space.

    "Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

  17. #1577
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    10,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    PC is built and installed (how do you embed google Photo images?)
    You don't. You use imgur.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  18. #1578
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    PC is built and installed (how do you embed google Photo images?)
    You don't. You use imgur.

    "Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

  19. #1579

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    99
    That wall color, it's quite striking. Not sure how much i like, though could be surprised if we saw whole room

    Nice setup though, 1 24" and 2 27" monitors?

  20. #1580
    Tailn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    To close to London
    Posts
    5,089
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    That wall color, it's quite striking. Not sure how much i like, though could be surprised if we saw whole room

    Nice setup though, 1 24" and 2 27" monitors?
    Tell me about the wall, but rented so no choice
    Monitors are 1x24" and 2x31.5", I really should have scrubbed that one on the end just not used to seeing them in the light.

    "Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •