hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 165 of 172 FirstFirst ... 65115155162163164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3436

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Coincidentally, the new Kinesis Advantage 360 split just opened for pre-orders on drop today

https://kinesis-ergo.com/keyboards/advantage360/

looks fucking beautiful.
    It does, wonder what price point it will come out. The fact that it's running ZMK (which is a QMK fork for bluetooth keyboards) makes it particularly appealing. However, it isn't hot-swappable so you're stuck with the shitty vanilla Cherry Gateron MX switches (where is the Gateron Yellow option ffs) and it looks like it'd be a pita to mod. But the latter being the only downside to it (probably secondary to the price), it's amazing for a prebuilt.

Also ew pre-order on drop.

Edit: had another look and now I'm a bit reserved. The Ergodox has a vertical stagger, however this one seems to have only the first two columns staggered and the rest is ortho. May work well with the wells, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Is there not a thread specifically for keyboard talk?
    No, we're getting lost in the peripheral thread usually
    Last edited by Cosmin; December 21 2021 at 08:50:23 AM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    I thought we were in there TBH

Also the Advantage 360 looks absolutely beautiful, shame I'm not in the market for one right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Coincidentally, the new Kinesis Advantage 360 split just opened for pre-orders on drop today

https://kinesis-ergo.com/keyboards/advantage360/

looks fucking beautiful.
    It does, wonder what price point it will come out. The fact that it's running ZMK (which is a QMK fork for bluetooth keyboards) makes it particularly appealing. However, it isn't hot-swappable so you're stuck with the shitty vanilla Cherry Gateron MX switches (where is the Gateron Yellow option ffs) and it looks like it'd be a pita to mod. But the latter being the only downside to it (probably secondary to the price), it's amazing for a prebuilt.

Also ew pre-order on drop.

Edit: had another look and now I'm a bit reserved. The Ergodox has a vertical stagger, however this one seems to have only the first two columns staggered and the rest is ortho. May work well with the wells, though.

No, we're getting lost in the peripheral thread usually
    Yeah unfortunately due to the wells its not possible to use hot swap sockets, they explained that its not possible to get them to lay flat on the curved PCBs.

The production version will have more options for switches, pre orders were just the gat browns; but production looks like it will offer all Gat options. I didnt jump on it cuz I don't care for the browns personally.

Another pain point is that Kinesis boards have a unique layout so most cap sets wont work cleanly with it, even if you got the ergo option.

Still sold out in 28 minutes tho. Guess I'll take another look when they go into regular production this coming summer.

god this is how normal people feel when I talk about CPUs isn't it?

brb drinking bleach
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I can confirm that the screen on this IdeaPad is the mutt's nuts
    I can't tell if that's good or bad.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I can confirm that the screen on this IdeaPad is the mutt's nuts
    I can't tell if that's good or bad.
    it's the cats pyjamas
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Yeah unfortunately due to the wells its not possible to use hot swap sockets, they explained that its not possible to get them to lay flat on the curved PCBs.

The production version will have more options for switches, pre orders were just the gat browns; but production looks like it will offer all Gat options. I didnt jump on it cuz I don't care for the browns personally.

Another pain point is that Kinesis boards have a unique layout so most cap sets wont work cleanly with it, even if you got the ergo option.

Still sold out in 28 minutes tho. Guess I'll take another look when they go into regular production this coming summer.
    Funnily enough you can make a Dactyl Manuform with hot swap sockets so that argument is basically "we can't be bothered". Keycaps should work though if you go with Cherry profile. OEM and SA may have issues since they're taller and aliexpress keycaps usually are towards OEM. The Razer PBT keycaps are also taller than Cherry profile - built a board for a mate and he went with those, not bad quality at all for the price point but nothing great either.

Well, that's a new one.

Turns out that one of my problems was that my Corsair Strafe keyboard wasn't being recognized by any system I plugged it into, so I couldn't get into BIOS or an OS. One Google search later and a soft reset did the trick.

New system has mostly passed its rough-in test. Some odd flickering, but that might just be the TV it was connected to. Not going to flash the BIOS, as that's what started this whole mess.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Only wasted a couple of hours trying to figure out why a new Windows install was hibernating instead of sleeping.

Somebody at MSI decided it would be a great idea to have Wake on Keyboard default to OFF in the BIOS. I'd pulled the battery long enough ago not to make the connection at first.

I bought a 512GB SD card to provide media storage space on the laptop but it sticks annoyingly far out of the side. The "SD Card" is actually a Micro-SD card with an associated SD-format adapter, and irritatingly, the laptop doesn't just have a micro-SD slot even though it is well into the 21st century now. Anyway, is there such thing is a low profile micro-SD -> SD adapter that doesn't stick out for half its length, cripple performance, cause rectal cancer or whatever? All I could find was this, and I am uncertain that it's not some weird Apple proprietary format bullshit. Seems too cheap for the usual Mac gouging shennanigans. Is this OK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Adapt.../dp/B00S6GK6KE

In case it makes a difference: The (Micro) SD card I bought was this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-mic.../dp/B085FGJDP9 It was on sale for £50! However in this laptop it's sticking out out the side to the extent that that second 'S' in Samsung is mostly visible.
    Last edited by Malcanis; January 1 2022 at 11:02:08 AM.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I bought a 512GB SD card to provide media storage space on the laptop but it sticks annoyingly far out of the side. The "SD Card" is actually a Micro-SD card with an associated SD-format adapter, and irritatingly, the laptop doesn't just have a micro-SD slot even though it is well into the 21st century now. Anyway, is there such thing is a low profile micro-SD -> SD adapter that doesn't stick out for half its length, cripple performance, cause rectal cancer or whatever? All I could find was this, and I am uncertain that it's not some weird Apple proprietary format bullshit. Seems too cheap for the usual Mac gouging shennanigans. Is this OK?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Micro-Adapt.../dp/B00S6GK6KE

In case it makes a difference: The (Micro) SD card I bought was this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-mic.../dp/B085FGJDP9 It was on sale for £50! However in this laptop it's sticking out out the side to the extent that that second 'S' in Samsung is mostly visible.
    I have one of these adapters in my Macbook. The SD-card slot on a macbook is exactly that, a SD-card slot, nothing special about it. The question is how deep it is, but I would assume that it should be similar to whatever laptop you have.
    nevar forget

Well for £2.89... fuck it. I'll give it a go. If Apple haven't yet created Apple S-Card format or whatever then it should be fine. I'm mostly asking so if there is an issue with it I'm not waiting 3 days for it to arrive and then back to square 1.

Also: dambit Lenovo, get with the times and just put a micro-SD slot in your laptops! You could fit 2 in the space that SD slot takes.

Also: dambit Lenovo, get with the times and just put a micro-SD slot in your laptops! You could fit 2 in the space that SD slot takes.
    ??? I am confused. The Lenovo laptop I'm using right now has a full-size SD slot, a USB-C port, 2 USB-A ports and a HDMI port.

Well for £2.89... fuck it. I'll give it a go. If Apple haven't yet created Apple S-Card format or whatever then it should be fine. I'm mostly asking so if there is an issue with it I'm not waiting 3 days for it to arrive and then back to square 1.

What laptop comes with a fucking micro-SD-card slot? Not any I can think of.
    nevar forget

My Dell XPS13 has a microSD slot and I am using it the way Malc wants to but can't muahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Exactly! Why bother with the SD Card format when all the "SD Cards" that you can buy now are actually Micro-SD cards which are small, and an adapter to make them big. What a waste of bloody space.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    My Dell XPS13 has a microSD slot and I am using it the way Malc wants to but can't muahahahaha
    You'll be sorry when my low profile SD adapter gets here!

*runs off crying :'(

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    You'll be sorry when my low profile SD adapter gets here!

*runs off crying :'(
    I took a quick screenshot of your post for fun just now. Wanna know where I am storing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Exactly! Why bother with the SD Card format when all the "SD Cards" that you can buy now are actually Micro-SD cards which are small, and an adapter to make them big. What a waste of bloody space.
    I have more SD-cards in use than Micro-SD cards. You know, using proper cameras. Not sure cameras would do well with adapters seeing how fast cameras can push data on them.
    nevar forget

Adapters don’t influence the speed of transfer, they’re just wires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk