hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1522232425

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    TBH if you just pay attention during the installation you can already disable most of the crap. If you really want to you can use aftermarket software to customize it even further, but it isn't really necessary. Also Win10 just plain runs better than 7 ever did, so fuck wanting to go back. Install a start menu replacer and/or a file explorer replacer if you want to, and you'll be running the best desktop OS Microsoft ever made.

I updated the missus's laptop recently and I was actually pretty impressed with the level of detail in MS's data export consent questions. There's no "assumed" consent anywhere and it's pretty thorough.

Also if you genuinely gave a toss about security and privacy you'd stop coming here because we're probably the last website on earth not running TLS so

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    If you want to be double insane then install bblean and embrace the madness

(do not do this, it's a massive PITA to set up nicely and involves a hefty dose of black magic)

http://bb4win.sourceforge.net/bblean/

edit: actually it might have died, I thought I saw a fork of it recently but no sign

doubleedit: http://blackbox4windows.com/ has windows 10 support, I assume it's just as janky
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; July 19 2018 at 05:09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Aw fuck off and suck Microshit's dick

Seriously, "your new OS". Your new shit OS that was deepthroated to users just so Microshit has a growth chart attached to the new presentations and has to be tweaked af just so it doesn't spill a fuckton of information on you, your family or whomever else is using your computer.

Please. Fk off.

Yes, I use 10. No, I don't particularly like it. I'd rather have the old 7 back.
    If you dont like it dont use it, my beef comes about when slack jawed yokels get windows 10, immediately slap a load of that third party "privacy enabling" shit in it and then complain that nothing works properly. 7 has all the same telemetry patched into it already and has done for years. I'm not a fan of microsoft I'm just against retards tooling around with windows and breaking it even more because "they know what they want"

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post

Seriously, "your new OS". Your new shit OS that was deepthroated to users just so Microshit has a growth chart attached to the new presentations and has to be tweaked af just so it doesn't spill a fuckton of information on you, your family or whomever else is using your computer.

Please. Fk off.

Yes, I use 10. No, I don't particularly like it. I'd rather have the old 7 back.
    If you dont like it dont use it, my beef comes about when slack jawed yokels get windows 10, immediately slap a load of that third party "privacy enabling" shit in it and then complain that nothing works properly. 7 has all the same telemetry patched into it already and has done for years. I'm not a fan of microsoft I'm just against retards tooling around with windows and breaking it even more because "they know what they want"
    Asides from windows search breaking, I can't think of any other functionality that would be impaired by slapping Anti-Beacon/whatever into Windows 10

search is garbage anyway so that's not a big loss

Please. Fk off.

I'm sorry mate but it's clear from all the things that constantly break for you and the metric fuckton of issues you seem to constantly get that you're not particularly great at PCs so taking advice from you is probably an awful mistake.

pebcak scenes truly

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I uninstalled the ASUS AURA software from my RGB build.

For the past few weeks, I've been struggling to understand why it often took 15-20 seconds to open Firefox from my NVMe drive. 2 days ago, I noticed my aRGB strip was transitioning between colors in a jerky fashion, like it was lagging. Opened up Task Manager and Resource Monitor and found over 12GB of RAM was being used at idle, with 16-19% CPU use. Couldn't find any real culprit for the RAM use, but the Aura processes were taking a small chunk of CPU time.

Killed all the Aura processes. Over 9GB of RAM freed up over the course of 10 sec, and CPU use dropped to 2%. Everything runs silky smooth again.

I had heard the Aura software had issues, but this is ridiculous.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I uninstalled the ASUS AURA software from my RGB build.

For the past few weeks, I've been struggling to understand why it often took 15-20 seconds to open Firefox from my NVMe drive. 2 days ago, I noticed my aRGB strip was transitioning between colors in a jerky fashion, like it was lagging. Opened up Task Manager and Resource Monitor and found over 12GB of RAM was being used at idle, with 16-19% CPU use. Couldn't find any real culprit for the RAM use, but the Aura processes were taking a small chunk of CPU time.

Killed all the Aura processes. Over 9GB of RAM freed up over the course of 10 sec, and CPU use dropped to 2%. Everything runs silky smooth again.

I had heard the Aura software had issues, but this is ridiculous.
    All competent software is aids, Corsair Link, Razor Synapse, Logitech Gaming etc

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    TBH if you just pay attention during the installation you can already disable most of the crap. If you really want to you can use aftermarket software to customize it even further, but it isn't really necessary. Also Win10 just plain runs better than 7 ever did, so fuck wanting to go back. Install a start menu replacer and/or a file explorer replacer if you want to, and you'll be running the best desktop OS Microsoft ever made.
    What specific things do I pay attention to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    What specific things do I pay attention to?
    This:

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    I updated the missus's laptop recently and I was actually pretty impressed with the level of detail in MS's data export consent questions. There's no "assumed" consent anywhere and it's pretty thorough.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Ok. Fair enough. I guess GDPR saves me from rapey telemetry.

So, TMA these licenses Xeno was going on about that seemingly everyone but me gets free with their cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Ok. Fair enough. I guess GDPR saves me from rapey telemetry.

So, TMA these licenses Xeno was going on about that seemingly everyone but me gets free with their cereal
    poke any mates you have working in IT for a Win10 Enterprise key, if you don't have any of those then your local seven seas shop can help (not the piratebay, that one is bitcoin miners)

also applies to anyone you know with a Student ID, afaik. MS have been steadily closing the various loopholes to get free Windows 10 upgrades, the last one I know of closed in January, but really you've had years to upgrade so v0v

Keysites like Kinguin are also pretty cheap, if you make sure you know what version/region you're buying
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; July 20 2018 at 08:40:42 AM.