hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 123 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2373113120121122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2591

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar

Isyel overreacting?

Color me surprised.
    nevar forget

whisp, shouldn't that card read "you're"..?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    whisp, shouldn't that card read "you're"..?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

K, the german voice just complements how funny it is...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

In re: memory autism: AMD are hinting pretty strongly that 2000Mhz IF is definitely a thing for Zen, so DDR-4000 is a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

400-series motherboard compatibility update:

MSI and Asus have both confirmed that their 400-boards will get the Zen3 transitional BIOS

Posters on r/amd are reporting that Gigabyte tech support are advising their "current plans" are to support at least the x470 boards, but no official confirmation yet.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

This is relevant to my interests. Is there a final description of what this enticing "transitional BIOS" might be and what one would need to keep in mind for it?

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    This is relevant to my interests. Is there a final description of what this enticing "transitional BIOS" might be and what one would need to keep in mind for it?
    Basically it's a one-way trip; you install the BIOS while you have your 2600 or whatever in, then when you shut down the new BIOS only supports Zen3. So make goddamb sure you have your Zen3 to hand before you update. AMD won't release the relevant AGESA files for a couple of months yet so you won't see the special BIOS until January.

Thank you kindly, sir.
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; October 16 2020 at 04:24:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

MSI and Asus have both confirmed that their 400-boards will get the Zen3 transitional BIOS

Posters on r/amd are reporting that Gigabyte tech support are advising their "current plans" are to support at least the x470 boards, but no official confirmation yet.
    Any ETA on when roughly this should happen known by now? I heard someone mention early next year but figured you'd probably read more on it. I've lost a lot of trust in MSI in the last couple years. :<

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    blah
    I don't see a question. Go away.

Any ETA on when roughly this should happen known by now? I heard someone mention early next year but figured you'd probably read more on it. I've lost a lot of trust in MSI in the last couple years. :<

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    blah
    I don't see a question. Go away.
    AMD already has 400 series chipsets running with 5000 series cpu's in their labs but will wait with distributing the new agesa until january. The thought behind it apparantly is to give mobo makers time to iron out bugs in the 500 series boards. To flatten the curve of bugs so to speak. I'd expect to see an updated BIOS for most 400 series mobos in January.

Has anyone seen any information about APU compatability? Currently the 300/400 series only supports up to 3400G APU and not the latest Renoir APU's. At the same time 500 series only supports Renoir and not the old ones. Will this new BIOS flip the 400 series in the same fashion?

I wonder if that will change as I have a b450 ITX board with a 2200G in it that could use an upgrade in the future. Slotting in an 8 core cpu in there would be pretty neat.

AMD were pretty explicit that Zen3/5000s will be the last CPU that 400 boards support.

AMD were pretty explicit that Zen3/5000s will be the last CPU that 400 boards support.
    Sure and the same is true for 500 series boards but AMD has said nothing about the APU side of things that I've seen.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Has anyone seen any information about APU compatability? Currently the 300/400 series only supports up to 3400G APU and not the latest Renoir APU's. At the same time 500 series only supports Renoir and not the old ones. Will this new BIOS flip the 400 series in the same fashion?
    I remember reading somewhere that the answer to this question is "yes" but it might have been speculation. It does make sense though, unfortunately.

I tried a bit of quick googling on VSFF boxes that use the 4000 series APUs but all I could get was that they use "mobile" chipsets, presumably whatever AMD sells for those.

AMD's excuse for the 400 boards not supporting Zen3 was whargegarble different CPU architecture needs something something BIOS structure something, but the 4000s are Zen2. It's likely that some 400 boards might see the necessary AGESA updates, but I wouldn't like to bet on any specific ones getting it.

Dax do you have an old board that you're looking to repurpose or what's your plan?

Oh, not a plan per se. I just thought it would be cool to slot in an 8 core CPU into My old Shuttlebox that I'm using as an htpc.

Not like I need it. The 2200g is plenty capable for netflixing and STEAM streaming games to from My gaming rig.

Fair enough. The Zen2 APUs aren't really available anyway at the moment.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    So, I'm trying to find a new wireless network adapter to replace my current Netgear dongle. Unfortunately, every model I've been interested in has reviews mentioning problems I'm facing:

1. The drivers haven't been updated since 2017.
    2. The device works for a few weeks/months, then starts having intermittent issues.
    3. The device gets hot to the touch.
    4. There are incompatibility issues with Windows 10.
    5. The device periodically needs to be removed/reinserted to work again.

Reviewers have suggested that people get an Intel-based solution, but I can't tell which devices have Intel chips, other than motherboards. I'd rather not shell out the money for a new motherboard...though it would give me an excuse to upgrade to B550/X570.

Suggestions? I would like something that uses 802.11ac.
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 18 2020 at 04:23:11 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard