hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 135 of 150 FirstFirst ... 3585125132133134135136137138145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 2981

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

UK update: Scan now have the single-CCX Ryzens continuously in stock, and they've even brought the 5800X price down a bit (although still still lolOP), and other suppliers like Currys seem to be pretty much the same.

But wherever I look, the Ryzen 9s are either pre-order, bundle order with motherboard (and it's never quite the motherboard you might actually want)/RAM/heatsink/bag of rubbish, or both.

New gen GPUs are still scarcer than rockinghorse shit. Previous gen GPUs are at launch MRSP or higher because of the shitty fucking mining boom which was all we fucking needed. So it looks like we're going to be in a scarcity/scalping situation for at least the next 6 months.

Speaking for myself, there's not much reason to upgrade the CPU if I can't upgrade the GPU as well, so I'm not going to do either until I can do both, or unless for some reason my existing CPU dies. I guess I'll check back at the end of summer to see what the RDNA3/Ampere 2 (or whatever Nvidia are calling it this week) situation is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I think waiting is the right thing to do anyway. There are Ti versions coming to nowadays' Amperes (also the actual Titan) and the 2nd gen is where it's at anyway with NVIDIA. RDNA2 is probably going to be shat all over by the aforementioned, but I'm unsure AMD has an RDNA3 on the way, probably just upclocked versions of the current RDNA2 - but who knows what summer will bring

It's actually shocking at least to me that given the context of the pandemic and people all over having financial issues brought upon by job axing and what not everybody is spending like mad on hardware so all stocks are so low. I mean ok, supply is not quite what it should be but fk me people have monies.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    New gen GPUs are still scarcer than rockinghorse shit. Previous gen GPUs are at launch MRSP or higher because of the shitty fucking mining boom which was all we fucking needed. So it looks like we're going to be in a scarcity/scalping situation for at least the next 6 months.
    I don't want to be "that guy" but i did a quick sum in december over estimated availability of the GPU i wanted (6800 XT), and estimated monthly savings, and CC'd a in-stock 3090 and am so fucking glad i'm not still camping every site under the sun trying to get a card. It's such a fucking shitshow. My buddy has been in "the pre-order queue" for a 3080 for over 3 months now. Poor chap.

Don't worry though, they will release a 3080Ti soon, and peopel can que for that instead.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm unsure AMD has an RDNA3 on the way, probably just upclocked versions of the current RDNA2 - but who knows what summer will bring
    Summer is only 6 months after RDNA2 launch, it should be 6500 and 6300 for DIY and OEMs. But RDNA3 should be like Zen3. 1 being proof they can start from scratch and offer value, 2 being competitive at pratical metrics, 3 at least keeping pace with the cutting edge in every aspect.
    Yes there's a 7nm>5nm transition expected for the GPUs too, but Ryzen went 14-->12->7 without stalling because of it, so it shouldn't be the only justification for RDNA3.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I think waiting is the right thing to do anyway. There are Ti versions coming to nowadays' Amperes (also the actual Titan) and the 2nd gen is where it's at anyway with NVIDIA. RDNA2 is probably going to be shat all over by the aforementioned, but I'm unsure AMD has an RDNA3 on the way, probably just upclocked versions of the current RDNA2 - but who knows what summer will bring

It's actually shocking at least to me that given the context of the pandemic and people all over having financial issues brought upon by job axing and what not everybody is spending like mad on hardware so all stocks are so low. I mean ok, supply is not quite what it should be but fk me people have monies.
    The pandemic is mostly fucking people with families.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

RDNA3 is a seperate arch. AMD have indicated it's due at the end of this year. They've done what the did so very successfully with the Zen cores; they have 2 GPU teams leapfrogging each other now. The unconfirmed pre-release rumour hype is that RDNA3 will be an improvement over RDNA2 similar to that of RDNA 2 over RDNA 1.

As for people having monies: depressions work like queues to get into a nightclub. When times are bad, more people are stuck out in the cold, but that has no real effect on the people who are able to have a good time inside. If you do have a job, the chances are you're making bank by not going out to eat, not going to the pub, working from home, not taking a holiday abroad, etc etc. Your disposable income is looking for outlets. So the total individual PC market has somewhat fewer people in it, but the remained clubbers have much more money to spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Can confirm, I'm actually embarrassed about how much new camera gear I've bought over the last couple of months.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

I have enough money to buy a 5800x, b550 board, 3090 and 32gb ram. The question is, should I?

5800x is currently at €459 at Mindfactory.de It has been at €479 on Wednesday. US msrp was $449? Considering a lot of companies use a €1:$1 conversion ratio, that's not too bad probably.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    ..3090... The question is, should I?
    Hell no.
    A 3080 Ti is imminent. Unless you are using a 3090 in some professional scenario where the 24GB VRAM benefits you but you don't need pro drivers of a Quaddro/Titan, it's not worth but ~5% performance over a 3080, and less over a Radeon 6900XT with 16GB VRAM (it's certainly beaten by one in several top titles).
    That and the additional cost over a 3080 is easily enough to also get next year's 2nd best GPU too, which means in <12months you'll have better performance than the 3090, and there's only so many games that you'll play that'll benefit from the difference in that time.

Seriously, how much do you value a few fps once over 144, in the next 12months? And do you already have a great 1440/4K IPS monitor (or both) to take advantage of it?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; January 11 2021 at 03:14:58 PM.

3080 TI will be made of the same unobtaimium as 3080.
    Go for the 3090 while you still can.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Might be even worse as it will mine significantly faster thanks to larger vram.

Really? Recommending a € 1700 graphics card because of "general scarcity" seems a little over the top to me.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Really? Recommending a € 1700 graphics card because of "general scarcity" seems a little over the top to me.
    lol look at this console peasant
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Is building a new system in April looking realistic or am I gonna have to wait longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Is building a new system in April looking realistic or am I gonna have to wait longer?
    I've built one and had put my old card in it for the time being. Still made a huge difference in my everyday use.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    ..3090... The question is, should I?
    Hell no.
    A 3080 Ti is imminent. Unless you are using a 3090 in some professional scenario where the 24GB VRAM benefits you but you don't need pro drivers of a Quaddro/Titan, it's not worth but ~5% performance over a 3080, and less over a Radeon 6900XT with 16GB VRAM (it's certainly beaten by one in several top titles).
    That and the additional cost over a 3080 is easily enough to also get next year's 2nd best GPU too, which means in <12months you'll have better performance than the 3090, and there's only so many games that you'll play that'll benefit from the difference in that time.

Seriously, how much do you value a few fps once over 144, in the next 12months? And do you already have a great 1440/4K IPS monitor (or both) to take advantage of it?
    I have a 1440/144Hz screen. The 6900XT would be nice, if it could do Raytracing in Cyberpunk. Yes, that's one game, but damn it's pretty. Both 3090s and 6900xts are available right now, but th e6900xt is even further away from it's msrp than the 3090 is (€1.3-1.4k).

I am not in a hurry and won't buy one now. I just can't see supply getting any better, especially with an 3080ti on the way. Because unless they suddenly created additional FAB capacity, I doubt they will be any more available than 3080s are.

Oh and 3070s are €700-€800. It's insane.
    nevar forget

A 3080ti would be a better bet, as you have a chance to snag one on release if you camp websites at the release time.

Buy the 3090 if you can't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    A 3080ti would be a better bet, as you have a chance to snag one on release if you camp websites at the release time.

Buy the 3090 if you can't get one.
    Someone I know works for one of the largest retailers in Germany on the corporate side. For things currently on sale he has no chance. But he might have a chance getting a 3080ti. After all, he scored a 3080 for his gf around release.
    nevar forget

Best to check if they're in that kind of open relationship before you ask for such favours...

Lisa pls. 1H 2021 for mid tier RDNA2 is trying my patience. Even if all these mobile & compute contracts ensure AMD are solid for years.