hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2128293031

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Yeah, who needs more than 8GB VRAM, eh?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    i'm .... not even using the 4K texture pack.

I should give that a go (I think it would still work fine, VRAM throughput isn't the issue)

i should also note that disabling gameworks gives me an additional 35 FPS immediately
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 19 2018 at 05:10:36 PM.

So having absorbed some reviews; The 2080 is on average 34% faster than a 1080.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

I should give that a go (I think it would still work fine, VRAM throughput isn't the issue)

i should also note that disabling gameworks gives me an additional 35 FPS immediately
    Yeah, hair, grass, and I cant remember the third option off hand, dramatically affect the performance in FF15.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Yeah, hair, grass, and I cant remember the third option off hand, dramatically affect the performance in FF15.
    VXAO and ShadowLite or something.

Disabled everything other than Hair and Turfworks, because it looks dope

Been away 3 weeks. Turned on PC, startup to BIOS only. System SSD not found anymore … :sad panda:

Guess I ll try RMA'ing , 3 years old 850 evo, should have 5 years warranty … its certainly far from the TBW limit for its warranty too.
    But setting all up again … the effort … *sigh*

Anyway, as there was no obvious mishandling and its well within warranty, nothing speaks against Samsung replacing it, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Been away 3 weeks. Turned on PC, startup to BIOS only. System SSD not found anymore … :sad panda:

Guess I ll try RMA'ing , 3 years old 850 evo, should have 5 years warranty … its certainly far from the TBW limit for its warranty too.

Anyway, as there was no obvious mishandling and its well within warranty, nothing speaks against Samsung replacing it, I guess?
    Dumb question, have you tried unplugging and replugging the SSD?

Every few months my PC will do the same and it's usually a loose SATA connection (mostly after I move the PC around for whatever reason)

Also clear CMOS etc etc

Do you have any mates you can test the SSD in also?

Donor
    Been away 3 weeks. Turned on PC, startup to BIOS only. System SSD not found anymore :sad panda:

Guess I ll try RMA'ing , 3 years old 850 evo, should have 5 years warranty its certainly far from the TBW limit for its warranty too.
    But setting all up again the effort *sigh*
    Try this: pull the SATA data cable from the drive, turn the PC on and leave it for 25 minutes. Then power down, reconnect the SATA cable and switch on.

Some SSDs (Samsung and Crucial mainly) have firmware bugs that can push the drive into a confused state where it seems to be bricked. 20-25 minutes powered up without any SATA activity quite often brings the drive back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombcrater View Post

Try this: pull the SATA data cable from the drive, turn the PC on and leave it for 25 minutes. Then power down, reconnect the SATA cable and switch on.

Some SSDs (Samsung and Crucial mainly) have firmware bugs that can push the drive into a confused state where it seems to be bricked. 20-25 minutes powered up without any SATA activity quite often brings the drive back.
    Yeah, I have a first gen Crucial and this is what happens

Can confirm I had that with My Samsung 850 as well. Works fine now again allthough it's not my C: driver anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    We'll see. If it ends up an roughly 40% faster overall similar to the last generation swap I'd say mission success. On the engineering front anyway and if people buy the cards at those insane prices hats off to their marketing department as well.
    Even if they're 49% faster that still doesn't merit the huge price gouging over the previous generation

I'm normally a team green fanboy but Nvidia are taking the piss
    They already were with the 10 series price gouging. And the 9 series (3,5gig of ram 970 fiasco). 20 series is just kicking customers when they are down. Remember when you could get the mid sized chip for 250?
    No competition is AIDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    We'll see. If it ends up an roughly 40% faster overall similar to the last generation swap I'd say mission success. On the engineering front anyway and if people buy the cards at those insane prices hats off to their marketing department as well.
    Even if they're 49% faster that still doesn't merit the huge price gouging over the previous generation

I'm normally a team green fanboy but Nvidia are taking the piss
    They already were with the 10 series price gouging. And the 9 series (3,5gig of ram 970 fiasco). 20 series is just kicking customers when they are down. Remember when you could get the mid sized chip for 250?
    No competition is AIDs.
    The 970 is still a damn good card, even with the 3.5 fiasco

But yeah, I agree

Dumb question, have you tried unplugging and replugging the SSD?

Every few months my PC will do the same and it's usually a loose SATA connection (mostly after I move the PC around for whatever reason)

Also clear CMOS etc etc

Do you have any mates you can test the SSD in also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombcrater View Post

Unfortunately I have tried that already without any results. Only thing I haven't tried yet is an external enclosure , but I don't really think that would make a difference.