hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 130 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2784

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Going around in circles trying to pick a mobo for a 5600x (lol when they cease being theoretical).

Thinking ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS currently today.. anyone got bad things to say about it or have other suggestions? fanks chaps.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; November 24 2020 at 06:16:16 PM.

I would go with full size ATX, but out of B550Ms this one is arguably the best. On the other hand you can get full size MSI B550 Tomahawk nowadays for same price tag (or even B550 Aorus Pro) which are much better. I would seriously consider latter unless it must be micro ATX.

When have you ever used a 2nd x16 PCIe slot this decade? Or last?
    B550M is good, newer than X570 and not overkill with integrated stuff that you don't want to have die or not quite be sufficient, because you'll only have to get an add-in x1 or x4 card or USB device anyway.
    And overclocking is dead, so VRMs don't bloody matter either.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

But since it costs the same as better motherboard with better vrm, more slots etc why gimp yourself on purpose?

It doesn't cost more. MicroATX boards are ~£60-100. Full ATX are £100+ iirc.

How is no 2nd x16 slot gimping yourself? You can still get multiple NVMe ones.

No idea for how much it retails where you are but here ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-PLUS costs the same as full size MSI B550 Tomahawk and almost as much as Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro (this one actually costs 15$ more).

Anyone else feel like singing from the rooftops "I fucking told you so, I tried to warn you but you wouldn't listen" to all the people fixated on BF 'deals'?
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; November 27 2020 at 10:55:38 AM.

Specifically for tech or in general?

Black Friday exists as a marketing exercise to target a certain type of consumer. It's probably just a purchase timing exercise for many gamers; they feel good about the fake good deal they've got, it pushed the little dopamine button like the shiny boxes in the games they play and they get a new bit of kit they would have bought at some point anyway in time for xmas.

The PC master race is hardly the canny consumer group they pretend to be considering the prevalence of pre-ordering games. Black friday is still just retailers sneering at their customers, not an act of generosity before the holiday season.

I wonder at what point we'll see the constant price increases for hardware level off.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Specifically for tech, this year in particular. Appreciating CPU and GPU prices for the past 5 months should have been enough of a sign.

Interesting details of the % split of AMD's TSMC 7nm capacity, 80% for consoles for this quarter, probably due to contracts incentivising prioritising. Nothing unexpected.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comment...s_for_console/

I give it 6 months before CPU & GPU prices are lower than this year's average.

Yeah I'ld like an upgrade by my cakeday in february, but I'm not expecting to get it before Easter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Managed to grab 5600x. Should be here next week. Graphic cards on the other hand...

alright lads, roast my build

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X / 3.7 GHz Processor
    Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black processor-køler
    ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - 16GB: 2x8GB - DDR4 - 3200MHz
    ASUS TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING - NVIDIA RTX3080 - 10GB GDDR6X
    Intel Solid-State 2TB Drive 660p Series
    NZXT H series H511 Sort
    CORSAIR RMx Series RM750x - strømforsyning - 750W
    (not expecting to see it until mid january)
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

If you're getting an NVME drive, ffs get a proper TLC one, not that QLC 660p.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

I would also put on a AIO water cooler for CPU.
    Just for the peace and quiet.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    If you're getting an NVME drive, ffs get a proper TLC one, not that QLC 660p.
    twice the capacity, half the IOPS over the 970 i was looking at, thing is, i can't remember IOPS issues after switching to SATA SSD's and a NVME is orders of magnitude faster.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I would also put on a AIO water cooler for CPU.
    Just for the peace and quiet.
    i had that on my Fury X card, the coil whine kinda got to me.
    Last edited by Liare; November 27 2020 at 10:44:36 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Do you need an X570? B550 offers PCIE 4 on the GPU slot and the first SSD slot.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    and it's 20 dkk more expensive.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    and it's 20 dkk more expensive.
    In that case most definitely get the 570

And use the kroner thus saved to get a proper NVME drive. If you are willing to accept a slower SSD, get a cable SATA one like the very good MX500 I bought earlier this year rather than waste a scarce M.2 slot on that 660p

Why are X570 cheaper for you than B550?!

With the budget you're showing, probably do either get a NVMe with DRAM cache, or SLC over TLC, or just get the latter as an SSD. The MX500 2TB is on a decent price now in the UK.
    But equally, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough, and prices will only come down from NAND and PCIe gen4 SSD controllers.

P.S. Why a Noctua but not dual tower variant for futureproofing? Just buy one once and be done with it, or don't buy a Noctua at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    Why are X570 cheaper for you than B550?!

With the budget you're showing, probably do either get a NVMe with DRAM cache, or SLC over TLC, or just get the latter as an SSD. The MX500 2TB is on a decent price now in the UK.
    But equally, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough, and prices will only come down from NAND and PCIe gen4 SSD controllers.

P.S. Why a Noctua but not dual tower variant for futureproofing? Just buy one once and be done with it, or don't buy a Noctua at all.
    Because market is crazy. Same thing here, full size B550 with beefy vrms selling for less than new microATX boards as of yesterday, of which most expensive ones are on mid X570 levels. Bonkers.