hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Darkening View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Bought a ryzen 2600, a gigabyte b350 gaming 3 and a new PSU today, cheapo Antec thing.

Shoved shit in, turned on, works flawlessly and is super snappy and quick. I like.
    Don't forget to update the bios.
    No need to, came updated. All ran flawlessly out of the box, minus windows throwing an activation fit because i was on an OEM license.

I just checked the pricing on the Ryzen 2600 and I didn't realise it was that low. 45% cheaper than the 2600X! AMD has a really weird pricing strategy here with large price hikes between the cpu's in the 2000 series IMO. You'd think there be room for a cpu in between at the 200$ mark.

Outstanding value on the 2600 I have to say, it really makes my fingers itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    I just checked the pricing on the Ryzen 2600 and I didn't realise it was that low. 45% cheaper than the 2600X! AMD has a really weird pricing strategy here with large price hikes between the cpu's in the 2000 series IMO. You'd think there be room for a cpu in between at the 200$ mark.

Outstanding value on the 2600 I have to say, it really makes my fingers itch.
    I spent 165 dollars on the cpu and about 75 on the motherboard. It's spectacular value for the performance.

I guess the weird pricing is local, as the x is only about 30 dollars more here.

Interesting. I only checked Amazon for an international pricepoint and found a 100 dollar difference between the two which is what I'm seeing in swedish stores as well.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Benchmarks are out for the 2XXX cards from Nvdia:

Across 14 benchmarks -

2080 Ti is 45% faster vs 1080 Ti
    2080 is 15% faster vs 1080 Ti
    2080 Ti is 84% faster vs 1080
    2080 is 46% faster vs 1080

Feels vindicated that I went with a 1080ti instead of a 2080, 50% more for 15% more performance doesn't sound worth

The graphs are based on values (framerate/scores) provided by NVIDIA for their recommended titles.
    1080ti it is.

Or maybe just wait for the benches to drop from influencers this week.

Regardless of that I wouldn't be recommending any of the 2*** cards unless you have money to burn. They're overpriced and nVidia knows they are, hence why they're pushing RTX so hard.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Regardless of that I wouldn't be recommending any of the 2*** cards unless you have money to burn. They're overpriced and nVidia knows they are, hence why they're pushing RTX so hard.
    Evil voices in the walls keeps whispering that a large part of the pricing strategy is thanks to unsold Pascal parts. So instead of pushing the old gen down in price nVidia is instead creating a new pricepoint. So to summarise; It's all AMD's fault for selling a large amount of Polaris chips and not competing well enough in the high end!

(I swear, I've read that line of reasoning too many times to be able to ignore the dumbassery of it)

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Evil voices in the walls keeps whispering that a large part of the pricing strategy is thanks to unsold Pascal parts. So instead of pushing the old gen down in price nVidia is instead creating a new pricepoint. So to summarise; It's all AMD's fault for selling a large amount of Polaris chips and not competing well enough in the high end!

(I swear, I've read that line of reasoning too many times to be able to ignore the dumbassery of it)
    More likely they just saw how people were buying their cards anyway when the prices were inflated to hell due to mining and though "well if people are buying them anyway why the fuck not" tbfh.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Or maybe just wait for the benches to drop from influencers this week.
    If Nvidia's own marketing bullshit benchmarks say that a 1080ti is only 15% slower than a 2080, the real story is going to be a shitstorm of impressive proportions.

The 2000 series appears to be an attempt by Nvidia to cash in on retards with too much money and the niche market that is 4k@120FPS.

We'll see. If it ends up an roughly 40% faster overall similar to the last generation swap I'd say mission success. On the engineering front anyway and if people buy the cards at those insane prices hats off to their marketing department as well.

We'll see. If it ends up an roughly 40% faster overall similar to the last generation swap I'd say mission success. On the engineering front anyway and if people buy the cards at those insane prices hats off to their marketing department as well.
    Even if they're 49% faster that still doesn't merit the huge price gouging over the previous generation

I'm normally a team green fanboy but Nvidia are taking the piss

Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    The graphs are based on values (framerate/scores) provided by NVIDIA for their recommended titles.
    1080ti it is.
    Mine arrived today, very happy

System is now 8600k@4.7Ghz, 16GB DDR4@4Mhz, 1080ti@2Ghz boost clock

Probably the first time I've been actually bleeding edge (if only for another few weeks)

Now I just need an SSD big enough for games

(only downside is that I didn't get my Destiny 2 + expansions code, which is a bit sad? idk, wasn't going to play it anyway)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 18 2018 at 02:19:03 PM.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    1080ti it is.

Probably the first time I've been actually bleeding edge (if only for another few weeks)

(only downside is that I didn't get my Destiny 2 + expansions code, which is a bit sad? idk, wasn't going to play it anyway)
    > 8600k
    > bleeding edge

Bleeding edge would be an 8700K/Threadripper, 32GB RAM and a Titan/2080Ti. Very powerful, yes, but not bleeding edge.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    1080ti it is.

> 8600k
    > bleeding edge

Bleeding edge would be an 8700K/Threadripper, 32GB RAM and a Titan/2080Ti. Very powerful, yes, but not bleeding edge.
    Bleeding edge for my use case~~~~

also, technically the 2080ti isn't availiable yet (till tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    >Bleeding edge
    >32GB RAM
    lul
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

1080ti it is.

what cooling do you have on the cpu, and what do you know how hot it gets?

Quote Originally Posted by wiseman View Post
    1080ti it is.

what cooling do you have on the cpu, and what do you know how hot it gets?
    Corsair h100i v2

it hits 78 under load, looking at HWMonitor, could probs push it to 4.9 or 5 but I don't really care enough

in other news, I /did/ get a Destiny 2 code, it just requires me to install Geforce Experience and redeem it through there (something I really don't want to do because fuck Experience with a rake)
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 19 2018 at 01:14:33 PM.

Benchmarks are up, the 2080 is actually slower than a 1080ti for some games (and less than 10% faster in most others)

Guess we know why Nvidia timed the review embargo to end on the same day as 2080 preorders start shipping

in other news, I wanted to see if an overclocked 1080ti could play FFXV at 2k at 60fps

Spoiler:

Huh
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; September 19 2018 at 03:19:34 PM.