hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3117

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

I should add that the power LED on the video card lit. So some.power is getting through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Have you checked you have a BIOS compatible with the 5000 range?

I would expect you'd still get case fans spinning, some POST LEDs/beep, even if the PSU has a quiet mode with 0rpm fan.

Do be aware that new BIOS/UEFI and/or detected vital hardware change can lead to an automated retraining of the RAM timing, which can take seconds, but also a full self-reassessment can take minutes and even fail into a reboot and start over, (especially if you have a backup BIOS chip).

As you've already interrupted any potential process and toggled power a few times, I'd just go with that there should be some mobo LED/beep to indicate status. Lights and power to other components would at least indicate the PSU is producing 12/5V.

As for needing a compatible BIOS for Zen3, a mobo with USB Flashback (AKA Q-Flash Plus, and other marketing rebranding) can boot without supported CPU, RAM or GPU. I think some require no unsupported hardware be installed though while you do the USB firmware update, check the latest manual PDF.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 30 2021 at 07:07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I should add that the power LED on the video card lit. So some.power is getting through.
    I know this sounds dumb, but did you connect all the power cables to the GPU (6/8 pin) and the motherboard GPU port? (some have those). I used to get this when I forgot to connect the GPU power cables.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

If it was BIOS, the machine would still power on and fans would spin up, it just wouldn't complete a POST - it's not clear from the original post if the fans and shit are powering on?

Either do a PSU test as Daneel suggested or buy a PSU tester from somewhere - they're not expensive.

The idiot check is your EPS cable (4/8 pin to near CPU) - I can't count the number of times I've missed that.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Is the mains cable inserted in both the wall and the CPU.

Sent fra min moto g(9) play via Tapatalk
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Have you checked you have a BIOS compatible with the 5000 range?
    I had it ready to load if the pc posted, but I get the same with the old Ryzen 2700

With the 2700 fitted I tried clearing the CMOS, following a suggestion. No dice.
    Then I tried a known good PSU (my old Antec that was replaced with the Corsair). The standby light on the PSU itself came on, and it too lights up the GPU LED, but no motherboard or CPU or fan action.

The Corsair PSU won't respond to the fan test.

Is there anything reasonable or possible other than I have somehow nuked this motherboard?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    I would expect you'd still get case fans spinning, some POST LEDs/beep, even if the PSU has a quiet mode with 0rpm fan.

Do be aware that new BIOS/UEFI and/or detected vital hardware change can lead to an automated retraining of the RAM timing, which can take seconds, but also a full self-reassessment can take minutes and even fail into a reboot and start over, (especially if you have a backup BIOS chip).

As you've already interrupted any potential process and toggled power a few times, I'd just go with that there should be some mobo LED/beep to indicate status. Lights and power to other components would at least indicate the PSU is producing 12/5V.

As for needing a compatible BIOS for Zen3, a mobo with USB Flashback (AKA Q-Flash Plus, and other marketing rebranding) can boot without supported CPU, RAM or GPU. I think some require no unsupported hardware be installed though while you do the USB firmware update, check the latest manual PDF.
    Surely CPU fans would spin up and there would be the initial beep?

Some boards have a built-in speaker, some come supplied with one hanging from header pins which then might be loose, some just have LEDs, or nothing.
    Yes I'd expect the CPU, PSU and GPU fans all to initially run at 100% for a sec even if they're then going into quiet modes & responding to temp sensor readings & curves.

There nothing obvious to do but disconnect it all, look about, plug the miminum back in and try again.

Check you aren't shorting the board across the back/via bad standoffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Ordered a B550 board. Time to accept that I've fucked it somewhere somehow and get in with it. At least I'll have pcie4.

No wine for a couple of weeks as punishment.

Ordered a B550 board. Time to accept that I've fucked it somewhere somehow and get in with it. At least I'll have pcie4.

Interesting both your PSU and motherboard got nuked, I can't imagine any reason why both would kick the bucket tbh.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

Interesting both your PSU and motherboard got nuked, I can't imagine any reason why both would kick the bucket tbh.
    A short in one of the cables could do it if the surge protection didn't kick in fast enough. I got lucky with the shorted PCI-E cable that I got with my new PSU 2 years ago, both the PSU and graphics card survived.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

A short in one of the cables could do it if the surge protection didn't kick in fast enough. I got lucky with the shorted PCI-E cable that I got with my new PSU 2 years ago, both the PSU and graphics card survived.
    This happened to my 5th gen i5. Corsair PSU and AsRock board were killed somehow. Replaced PSU, nothing. Replaced motherbaord with a £30 matx special off ebay. no brand in a static bag in jiffy bag lol. With a £15 PSU from novatech. Works like a charm and has been chugging away for about 2 years now at my brother in laws.

New board due tomorrow, which is kind of impressive for free delivery

Wish me luck. It's been a tough week for malcy.

In a white people problems kind of way, of course. I'm conscious of that.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    In a white people problems kind of way, of course. I'm conscious of that.
    Winning team

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Different motherboard and PSU, still dead as a doornail. Let's hope Scan don't make the returns process difficult. I've asked for a replacement not a refund.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    stupid question, have you tried plugging anything else into that plug?

Ah yes ofc. The British superiour plugs.