hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 3117

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

We would like to thank the community here on r/AMD for its assistance with logs and reports as we investigated the intermittent USB connectivity you highlighted. With your help, we believe we have isolated the root cause and developed a solution that addresses range of reported symptoms, including (but not limited to): USB port dropout, USB 2.0 audio crackling (e.g. DAC/AMP combos), and USB/PCIe Gen 4 exclusion.

AMD has prepared AGESA 1.2.0.2 to deploy this update, and we plan to distribute 1.2.0.2 to our motherboard partners for integration in about a week.
    Customers can expect downloadable BIOSes containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 to begin with beta updates in early April. The exact update schedule for your system will depend on the test and implementation schedule for your vendor and specific motherboard model. If you continue to experience intermittent USB connectivity issues after updating your system to AGESA 1.2.0.2, we encourage you to download the standalone AMD Bug Report Tool and open a ticket with AMD Customer Support.
    Via Reddit
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    We would like to thank the community here on r/AMD for its assistance with logs and reports as we investigated the intermittent USB connectivity you highlighted. With your help, we believe we have isolated the root cause and developed a solution that addresses range of reported symptoms, including (but not limited to): USB port dropout, USB 2.0 audio crackling (e.g. DAC/AMP combos), and USB/PCIe Gen 4 exclusion.

AMD has prepared AGESA 1.2.0.2 to deploy this update, and we plan to distribute 1.2.0.2 to our motherboard partners for integration in about a week.
    Customers can expect downloadable BIOSes containing AGESA 1.2.0.2 to begin with beta updates in early April. The exact update schedule for your system will depend on the test and implementation schedule for your vendor and specific motherboard model. If you continue to experience intermittent USB connectivity issues after updating your system to AGESA 1.2.0.2, we encourage you to download the standalone AMD Bug Report Tool and open a ticket with AMD Customer Support.
    Via Reddit
    now that's a poggers moment

Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Not going to deny that.

My next upgrade is to get a dedicated HBA to make regular motherboards an option going forward. My current Xeon board has 14 SATA ports, something that simply doesn't exist on consumer hardware.
    I have a pcie4 nvme and a pcie3 nvme running at the same time. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING if it helps. I will say that my board was basically the same price as an X570 board.

Quote Originally Posted by Equium Duo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mashie Saldana View Post
    Not going to deny that.

My next upgrade is to get a dedicated HBA to make regular motherboards an option going forward. My current Xeon board has 14 SATA ports, something that simply doesn't exist on consumer hardware.
    I have a pcie4 nvme and a pcie3 nvme running at the same time. I have an ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING if it helps. I will say that my board was basically the same price as an X570 board.
    When the x16 slot is split it is a special case. I had Gigabyte support confirm the slowest card will set the speed for both slots if running in x8/x8 mode.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Crucial seem to be having a bit of a sale on Amazon UK with their SATA SSDs if anyone was thinking about getting one at some point. £123 for a 2TB BX500 or £141 for the MX500.

One day only, though. It's a flash sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    So I've finally upgraded my rig!

I had a i5-3550 with 16 gig of 1600 MHz DDR3 and a budget ITX board.

This has been replaced with:

Itikens old Ryzen 5 3600 (A+ purchasing experience, would buy again)
    16 gig 3600 MHz cas 16 ram, running @3200 MHz (got all the post codes when I tried to run it at 3600, further investigation is required)
    And a Asrock B550m Steel Legend, giving me my first taste of RGB.

Managed to play Subnautica for 30 minutes before we headed off for Easter vacation...

It works, so that's good.

Sent fra min moto g(9) play via Tapatalk
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

I resubbed to EVE and to complete the poor decision theme of the day I drank 3 large shots of rum and bought a 5800X from Scan.
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Mid-life crisis during a pandemic?

Nice one, walrus. Sounds like it should be fine for years, especially if you dodge Nvidia's driver overhead

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I resubbed to EVE and to complete the poor decision theme of the day I drank 3 large shots of rum and bought a 5800X from Scan.
    Jesus Christ mate, I told you you can PM me whenever you feel you need help.

Now what can I say, enjoy!

Also, have a look at Tarkov. It's basically EvE Online on foot.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I'd just like to clarify that the rum was Havana Club 7y, and was not in and of itself a poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Crucial seem to be having a bit of a sale on Amazon UK with their SATA SSDs if anyone was thinking about getting one at some point. £123 for a 2TB BX500 or £141 for the MX500.

One day only, though. It's a flash sale.
    This still has another 12hours, is bloody good value, and also includes NVMe drives too: 1TB TLC NAND with SLC-esque cache for £71, or 500GB for £44. Do remember bigger is often faster and wears slower, due to more chips for parallel operations.
    Last edited by Daneel Trevize; March 28 2021 at 11:30:47 AM.

Any reason not to go with Crucial or WD Blue if speeds aren't super important I just want something 2TB that's faster than SATA-3?

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Any reason not to go with Crucial or WD Blue if speeds aren't super important I just want something 2TB that's faster than SATA-3?
    Autism time

SATA SSDs are not faster than SATA-3

HDDs just can't saturate a SATA-3 connection themselves like an SSD can.

And both are fine choices for a functional SSD for much-better-than-a-HDD use cases.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

I meant NVMe SSDs.

edit: I have an 850 EVO currently. Most of the time it's fast enough, it's just that 500GB isn't big enough anymore.

My motherboard does have a M.2 slot that supports PCIe drives, I just didn't think it was worth the cost 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Boltorano; March 29 2021 at 10:31:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    I meant NVMe SSDs.

edit: I have an 850 EVO currently. Most of the time it's fast enough, it's just that 500GB isn't big enough anymore.

My motherboard does have a M.2 slot that supports PCIe drives, I just didn't think it was worth the cost 4 years ago.
    A regular SATA SSD (M2 or not, doesn't matter) is a gigantic life changing improvement over a HDD but nvme is entirely optional still barring certain uses.

If all you need is more space you're likely just fine with more regular SSD, have had a WD blue for a while and it's entirely fine.

nvme is neat for your windows drive etc tho
    Last edited by Isyel; March 30 2021 at 12:42:21 AM.

I'll just add that the best part of NVME is the form factor which allows you to make some really small and clean builds. Functionally for home usage and some gaming you can stomach the small performance difference.

Various load times with NVME and SATA. (Turn off annoying sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoR...l=TestingGames

YT hopefully suggests this PCIe gen4 HUB vid besides that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    I'll just add that the best part of NVME is the form factor which allows you to make some really small and clean builds. Functionally for home usage and some gaming you can stomach the small performance difference.

Various load times with NVME and SATA. (Turn off annoying sound)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YoR...l=TestingGames
    I don't think anybody really mentions form factor as a unique thing since m2 SATA SSDs are common too.

Great video though.
    Last edited by Isyel; March 30 2021 at 08:34:18 AM.

Here is the predictable phone posting.

Flipped the power switch on the PSU off but left it plugged in for grounding.
    Swapped out the 2700 for the 5800. Took the opportunity to blow out a bunch of dust from the video card and the noctua. Seated everything. Switched PSU back on. Hit pc power switch: absolutely nada.
    Swapped the old CPU back in. Same. Put the new one back making double extra sure that all cables are seated correctly (not getting caught that way again). Still no response at all. No lights no beeps.

Tried a different power cable to the PSU just in case. Nope

The PSU is a nearly new Corsair HX750i, less than a year old. When I press the fan self test button there is no response. I've never overclocked and all its ever had to run is a Ryzen 2700 and a 1060GTX, which should be laughably within its capabilities.

I have noted that when I switch the PSU on there is a very quick green flash from the motherboard, I think it's the north bridge.

Any suggestions for stupid obvious stuff I have probably missed?

Plug in just a fan to the PSU, then put a paperclip between the green and one of the black on the ATX plug and the fan should run, if not the PSU is blown.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.