hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 73 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1476

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

And then MSI comes out with an actually great one.

I hate how inconsistent this company is.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

And then MSI comes out with an actually great one.

I hate how inconsistent this company is.
    Went with the Nitro+ one from Saphire for 430.
    Last edited by vDJ; September 29 2019 at 07:13:02 PM.

Nice.

So I've got a i5-4690K and like 300 bucks is it worth upgrading and any ideas with what?

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    So I've got a i5-4690K and like 300 bucks is it worth upgrading and any ideas with what?
    Only real option at a low budget is a Ryzen 5 tbh.

But idk if it's worth it in that case. Got a high refresh rate monitor and can't get the fps?

What gfx you got also? Likely better to put the money aside for an upgrade there tbh.
    Last edited by Isyel; September 29 2019 at 11:51:27 PM.

But idk if it's worth it in that case. Got a high refresh rate monitor and can't get the fps?
    Nah its fine just wondering if there's anything out in the last 5 years and I finally got a full time job

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Yeah, a quick perusal of ebay found a 4790 for $71 and a 5675C for $170. Both would be upgrades, but I don't know what you're looking for in terms of performance. I would opt for the 4790/4790K and upgrade something else too.

Women have synchronized periods, men have synchronized Ryzen upgrades, is that what's going on here?
    Last edited by Nordstern; September 30 2019 at 12:08:58 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Nah its fine just wondering if there's anything out in the last 5 years and I finally got a full time job
    Save up for another couple months and get an upgrade that you'll actually enjoy and feel the difference..
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Save up for another couple months and get an upgrade that you'll actually enjoy and feel the difference..
    ^^ really it's all limited by your monitor/gfx card assuming mostly gaming

No point to a better cpu if the card is not being limited, no point to a card if monitor can't display (unless rtx shenanigans) etc.

Sure there are a *couple* games limited by 4 cores but not that many. Only one that comes to mind right now is BFV where it actually struggles on older i5s.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    why do people need more than like 20 tabs open ever?

ed- not a diss, genuinely curious.
    If I'm reviewing a bunch of copy and doing website work I often have up to 40 open.

A lot of the time I use my tabs like a to do list as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

narrowing down the components for my next PC and I have come slightly stuck, I would like to use the corsair SF600 but the mother board (Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus) Needs ATX12v 2.x, EPS12v and and ATX12v(4pin) (24pin,8pin and 4pin) but I can't be certain I will have the last ATX12v 4pin connector available. it really needs to be the SF600 to give enough space in the case for a radiator in the future.
    Any suggestions?

PCpartpicker
    Last edited by Tailn; October 7 2019 at 02:25:28 PM.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    narrowing down the components for my next PC and I have come slightly stuck, I would like to use the corsair SF600 but the mother board (Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus) Needs ATX12v 2.x, EPS12v and and ATX12v(4pin) (24pin,8pin and 4pin) but I can't be certain I will have the last ATX12v 4pin connector available. it really needs to be the SF600 to give enough space in the case for a radiator in the future.
    Any suggestions?

PCpartpicker
    That extra 4 pin for the cpu is completely pointless. It's basically there for "Hurr durr, I'm a 1337 overclocker and needs all deh powah!" You'll be fine with just the 8 pin. You'd probably be fine with just the 4 pin too as a matter of fact.

Neat rig otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailn View Post
    Any suggestions?

PCpartpicker
    That extra 4 pin for the cpu is completely pointless. It's basically there for "Hurr durr, I'm a 1337 overclocker and needs all deh powah!" You'll be fine with just the 8 pin. You'd probably be fine with just the 4 pin too as a matter of fact.

Neat rig otherwise.
    Coolio now just need to make sure I am happy with the fans and find an AIO I like that works with Asus Aura. And lastly tidy my desk and work table (I have not been putting this off for the best part of 9 years honest) and decide credit card or overdraft.

Any 3-pin RGB gear you plug into the mobo header will work with Aura.

That said, Aura doesn’t work very well. I eventually decided to roll with prebaked effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

That said, Aura doesn’t work very well. I eventually decided to roll with prebaked effects.
    Check here: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/u...romotions.html

Agreeing that you don't need more than a 24-pin/8-pin for the mobo. The board may be capable of receiving that much extra power, but not the CPU or VRMs.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

Agreeing that you don't need more than a 24-pin/8-pin for the mobo. The board may be capable of receiving that much extra power, but not the CPU or VRMs.
    Only thing i can thing about that may cause an issue with not having the last 12v connector is that the MB has on top of probably 2 GPU's and a decently hefty cpu (it is no 16 core OC'd behemoth though) 2 RGB headers and 1 ARGB, AIO Power, 3 chassis fans and 2 cpu fans as well as 2 M.2 drives and of course PCIe 4 and heatshink fan and onboard RGB. Considerably more equipment than when I last looked at PC's and when the EPS12v connector was even then added.

with Aura it was the ARGB compatibility that I was more worried about and tying in Keyboad / mice, and AIO cpu blocks.

That list on Asus’ website is not exhaustive. None of my rgb elements are listed, for example—particularly the rando Chinese brand LED cable combs I got on Amazon. All of it works through Aura.

But Aura only gives you three independent channels for tweaking color: the integrated lights on the mobo, the RAM, and whatever is plugged into the ARGB header. Even if you have multiple devices plugged into the header, you can’t address them individually. You just set an effect for the header, and it runs on everything that’s plugged in.

Any AIO with a 5v, three-pin ARGB/DRGB header will be compatible with Aura. Even if it uses a custom plug you can repin or solder on a new connector (that’s how I got my Phanteks LUX fan rings to work). It’s all the same underlying tech.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; October 8 2019 at 03:31:34 PM.

Pog
    They are here, and they are beautiful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y3CTQNT..._p0lNDbFN52X6J
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y3M88QF/

edit: Noctua's site isn't loading, must have received the reddit hug of death.
    Last edited by Nordstern; October 9 2019 at 03:07:13 AM.

Pog
    They are here, and they are beautiful.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y3CTQNT..._p0lNDbFN52X6J
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y3M88QF/

edit: Noctua's site isn't loading, must have received the reddit hug of death.
    Big Pog.

They be glorious.

A noctua that isn't beige?

WTF