hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 161 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61111151158159160161
Results 3,201 to 3,218 of 3218

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    It seems that AGESA 1.2.0.3 has been floating around in beta form for a month. The only info I've seen is "improves stability". Still no patch for my B450 board since March.

edit: And just after I post, I check and a patch was made available today.
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 1 2021 at 12:22:32 AM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    It seems that AGESA 1.2.0.3 has been floating around in beta form for a month. The only info I've seen is "improves stability". Still no patch for my B450 board since March.

edit: And just after I post, I check and a patch was made available today.
    It is a known fact that patches gets summoned by posting.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Larkonis Trassler is an antisemite:
    https://bit.ly/3t3NfHs

Okay, AMD board has been patched to newest BIOS. Unfortunately, I'm still getting BSODs on Windows boot. Going to take it to Micro Center since they probably know more about system file repairs than I do.

Hopped onto my ancient Win7 system to poast. After getting everything patched and updated, it seems my Corsair board won't work with it. It lights up and has effects, but isn't detected and won't take input. That Ivy Bridge board may finally be flaking out after 9 years. Pulled out my wireless Logitech board for keyboard input, works flawlessly.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Okay, AMD board has been patched to newest BIOS. Unfortunately, I'm still getting BSODs on Windows boot. Going to take it to Micro Center since they probably know more about system file repairs than I do.

Hopped onto my ancient Win7 system to poast. After getting everything patched and updated, it seems my Corsair board won't work with it. It lights up and has effects, but isn't detected and won't take input. That Ivy Bridge board may finally be flaking out after 9 years. Pulled out my wireless Logitech board for keyboard input, works flawlessly.
    No-one is going to fix broken Windows for free. If you are comfortable doing so and you have a backup of your data, you'd be better off wiping your C and reinstalling Windows fresh, if you really think this is a system file issue.

If you do want to pay for someone to fix up the existing install, be aware that this may not be the end of your problems.

Do you have a copy of the bluescreen info?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

At some point it might be easier to accept that you have a bad motherboard, and you're sinking time and effort into not accepting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Until I got into custom keyboards I had this old Microsoft membrane keyboard on PS2 to troubleshoot stuff like "keyboard not working" (I had at that point several Razer boards that were not detected on boot and had detection issues). Some keyboards draw ridiculous amounts of power over USB (some are trying to pull close to the 500mA that is the maximum draw off an USB port) - and some motherboards split one connector into two (thus you would only have 250mA max per socket). Then you get the awkward issue of the board not being detected or being detected depending on the port you're plugging in to.

What is the exact BSOD error? You can scan the QR code with your phone and that should take you to the error code.

Also, yes, a 9 year old Ivy board may be on its last legs, but it doesn't mean it's dead or unusable. I would take out the drive with the Windows or other OS install and try to install a spare drive then install an OS of your choice on it and see if it's still doing the BSOD. If yes, then there may be a hardware problem. If not, then troubleshooting Windows files in an extreme endeavour to which I'm highly familiar but there's so much knowledge and issues that narrowing it down will just eat up your time so you're much better off with a fresh install.

If you do fresh install, try to make backups. I'm using Macrium Reflect and keep the last 10 backups on a separate drive and mirrored on a good friend's FTP server. Thus when issues like these creep up, I can always revert the system drive to a usable state and not deal with the myriad of installs I need and use daily.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    Do you have a copy of the bluescreen info?
    "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the kernel is missing or (remaining text not in screenshot)

File: \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    Error code: 0xc0000098"
    Just now the error code was 0xc0000221. It does this for other windows files like winload.exe or Wdf01000.sys or tcpip.sys. I can sometimes get to the logon screen, but it will eventually BSOD with "Stop code: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION".

On top of that, I can't remember my password or pass my security questions. Joy.

Have you checked SMART data? Could be a dying drive, or bad power/SATA cable if you don't have all NVMe.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    That's so much more likely to be a dying storage device friendo, plug in a spare drive, unplug all others - install windows FRESH and see if it's crap

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    That's so much more likely to be a dying storage device friendo, plug in a spare drive, unplug all others - install windows FRESH and see if it's crap
    It's a Samsung 970 EVO NVMe with less than 1.5 years on it and has seen light usage. It seems awfully suspicious to fail immediately after a BIOS update.

But I will throw in a SSD this weekend and see if the issue keeps happening.

edit: My theory is that the BIOS update mucked up the MBR. Windows is able to repair it sometimes, but even the new BIOS is faulty. Maybe I should go back a few versions.
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 8 2021 at 11:17:55 PM.

My theory is that the BIOS update mucked up the MBR.
    Knowing what I know, that shouldn't be possible.
    Are you using UEFI secure boot, or Legacy ?
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    My theory is that the BIOS update mucked up the MBR.
    Knowing what I know, that shouldn't be possible.
    Are you using UEFI secure boot, or Legacy ?
    UEFI. Maybe the MBR wasn't affected, but certain boot files were.

Good news! I remembered my password and was able to login and run some Windows updates.
    Bad news: BSOD on reboot. This time the error code was 0xc0000225.

I may yet replace the board and SSD entirely, going for a full PCIe 4.0 build, which is what I wanted to do initially with this system. Will wait for prices to come down a little before doing that.

edit: Indian YouTube guy to the rescue. Will try this later.
    Last edited by Nordstern; July 11 2021 at 12:33:15 AM.

Motherboard prices aren't particularly inflated though?
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Motherboard prices aren't particularly inflated though?
    The one I am looking at getting has come down slightly in price.

Considering my 1080UW screen is limited to 75Hz, am I correct in assuming that an upgrade from a 3600 to a 5800X will not show a noticeable improvement?

I would not expect so.

At the very least I'd wait to see what the Zen3+ or whatever they're calling the Zen3 refresh will be like. If there's a v-cache option that might be a worthwhile step up eventually.

I saw someone giving it the nickname Zen3d and thought it was kind of clever. AMD has been incredibly tightlipped on which SKU's they're releasing with v-cache but I'm hoping we'll get an 8 core option. 5800XT anyone?

I expect a lot depends on how many they can reasonably expect to make. From a wafer maximisation point of view, I'd expect 5800 and 5950 3D units. If they really are supply constraints, 5950s only because they can and will charge the absolute top of the market prices for them.