hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107
Results 2,121 to 2,133 of 2133

Thread: Zekk Pacus' AMD Ryze(n) hardware thread, July 2017

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Oddly satisfying.

<- dual line master race

This thing looks fascinating

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Gimme one of those with Zen3 core in 8-12 months and that's the box I will buy for #2 Nephew. It's small and cute enough that his mum won't object.

Navi2 APUs would be nice.

EDIT: Maybe something like this to go along with it. 4k is easy to integer-rescale to 720p and 1080p for light gaming, and will look great when it's native. and he's doing schoolwork or a project.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Mo...s%2C158&sr=8-8
    Last edited by Malcanis; June 25 2020 at 06:13:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    it literally says m2 pcie in my post
    Ah, read over that. In my defence "m2 pcie ssd" as a term doesn't really make sense, so I think I assumed that you meant an m.2 nvme ssd as opposed to an m.2 sata ssd, both having the small long strip as a form factor. Those you can mount on mobo or on a pci-e card, or you can just buy a pci-e ssd to begin with which is what I think you mean now.

My upgrade got delayed by the move so basically I'll probs get the new gen TR.

At the moment counting blessings but holy shit can't wait to see the performance gains and the refinement of the platform.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    I mean even a SATA SSD is pretty goddamb fast. NVME is just insane though. It's such an incredibly over-spec'd interface for consumer level gear. I enjoy that.
    I'm a little puzzled that, not just with PCIe4 NVMe drives but also with high end PCIe3 drives, they seem to already be pretty regularly thermal throttling if they don't have some sort of heat sink - I'm suprised we've hit this problem so soon with what is only just becoming mainstream for regular joe's office computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    My upgrade got delayed by the move so basically I'll probs get the new gen TR.

At the moment counting blessings but holy shit can't wait to see the performance gains and the refinement of the platform.
    Zen3 Threadrippers are going to be fucking bonkers

(1) powerful

(2) expensive

That said, they'll still be cheaper than Intel lol
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

Pretty much the point. Now though some things that I took leisure in rendering/making over weeks/months will need to be squeezed out in days, so the upgrade definitely justifies itself and will pay for itself (fucking finally).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Pretty much the point. Now though some things that I took leisure in rendering/making over weeks/months will need to be squeezed out in days, so the upgrade definitely justifies itself and will pay for itself (fucking finally).
    Real talk: I will be pleasantly surprised if the cost increase per equivalent Zen3 SKU (eg: 6c/12t or 8c/16t)+ is less than 20% above the "MSRP reset" Zen2 XT prices - so I expect about eg: 280-300 for the 4600X, 450-480 for the 4800X, 600-700 for the 4900X and so on. And people will buy them like crazy.

Threadripper MSRPs have come down a bit, but AMD were making honking margins on those anyway. Pricing there is anyone's guess, but at launch there's no reason they shouldn't charge whatever the market will bear because where else are you going to go if you want the best?

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryze...unch-next-week

Possibly of interest to Cosmin

What the tip we received has said is that AMD would introduce a new PRO series for the Threadripper platform. The idea behind the PRO workstation series is quite simple, it will mirror the Ryzen PRO offer for AM4 socket. However, the TR PRO series will also have other features.

AMD Threadripper PRO is said to feature 8-channel memory and up to 2TB of capacity. For comparison, consumer Threadripper series are 4-channel only and they support up to 256GB.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Optane HATES this! Load your entire Steam library into memory with this one simple trick!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard