hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it alright to drive while stoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    so what you're saying is that perhaps the fhc hive mind reaction to a bit of stoned driving is over the top?

phoneposting
    But then Steph was arguing in favour of driving like ur mum before so...
    Not my mum surely. She is far more a terrible driver sober than i ever would be stoned. She failed her driving test 9 times
    Bet she drives slow with both hands on the wheel tho.
    She drove home with a severed break cable the other month. Break fluid pissed out everywhere. Me and my dad were amazed she even managed it, and more amazed she didn't ring the breakdown service. A service which doesn't pick up your vehicle if you are broken down at home /o\
    She was sober as fuck too!

so what you're saying is that perhaps the fhc hive mind reaction to a bit of stoned driving is over the top?

phoneposting
    But then Steph was arguing in favour of driving like ur mum before so...
    Not my mum surely. She is far more a terrible driver sober than i ever would be stoned. She failed her driving test 9 times
    Bet she drives slow with both hands on the wheel tho.
    She drove home with a severed break cable the other month. Break fluid pissed out everywhere. Me and my dad were amazed she even managed it, and more amazed she didn't ring the breakdown service. A service which doesn't pick up your vehicle if you are broken down at home /o\
    She was sober as fuck too!

My mum is also terribad at driving and shouldn't be on the road. She is unable to understand the concept of braking softly and has no idea of her actual position on the road and veers dangerously close to parked cars. She also managed to completely write off a car getting out of a parking space.

I'd prefer a road full of stoned drivers than just 1 of my mum TBH.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    what are the road death figures for the UK?

phoneposting
    3.6ish per billion km, or half the US rate.
    Are you sure you aren't off by about ... 3.1deaths?

These statistics claim 6.7 deaths per billion km in the UK, and 7.8 in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidem...tics_in_Europe

#themoreyouknow #JoeAppleby'sLaw
    nevar forget

you shouldn't argue with drug addicts about the drugs they're addicted too because they think they're fine that's why they're addicted to them

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    you shouldn't argue with drug addicts about the drugs they're addicted too because they think they're fine that's why they're addicted to them
    weed isnt addictive.

Throwing out snideys like you're xenosis though. Sad to see

Bh, whilst I do still disagree with he stoned thing, I can very massively confirm from my insurance days that old people are way worse than stoners. Tbh, wouldn't be shocked to find hey are also worse than drunks, blind people, and terrorists too.

Then again, I'm a supporter of compulsory driving retests after a cetrain age anyway due to years of that experience, so hat fits my view on being stoned (i.e. regulate it).

First they say you can't drink and drive, so people naturally turn to the weed instead and now apparently that is not ok... it's ridiculous health and safety culture bullshit.

If you ask me it's all just done so they can line the pockets of Uber execs by denying people the option to drive home from a night out.

First they say you can't drink and drive, so people naturally turn to the weed instead and now apparently that is not ok... it's ridiculous health and safety culture bullshit.

If you ask me it's all just done so they can line the pockets of Uber execs by denying people the option to drive home from a night out.
    You're not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm always interested how prevalent prescription opioids are in Britain compared to the states.
    Problem with murica is this shit gets advertised on TV and patients demand drugs from doctors rather than doctors telling patients what to take.

Of course, if the Tories ever succeed in their goal to destroy the NHS then we can expect massive prescription drug addiction problems here too!!
    In part yes; however the actual problem drugs, stimulants, benzo's, opiods, don't really get advertised at all compared to things like heart, gastro, and other more benign medications. Mainly because the problem medications are essentially ubiquitous and have existed for decades. The primary driver is the carelessness with which they are prescribed. Feeling a bit blue or anxious; where heres a script for xanax, take a few a day for the next few dozen years. Oh wait they don't cut it anymore; here's a klonopin to take on top. Got an ache? take some perc's and when those dont work we'll give you some oxy's.

It also doesn't help that you can literally shop around till you find a doctor that will give you what you want. Shrink thinks you just have some issues you need to work through?, fuck em, the next guy will happily write you a script. Doc says physical therapy will help your back, eh too time consuming, find a doctor who will give me perc's today.

And the growing heroin epidemic is a direct result of this. Everyone I know who has gotten hooked on heroin has started with pills. And I wish I could say its a small number of people, but its not and its constantly growing; while my pool of former school friends is shrinking. Its really sad to see; and this is in a very, very wealthy area of New Jersey, not back water Kentucky where whole communities are buckling under this shit show.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Bh, whilst I do still disagree with he stoned thing, I can very massively confirm from my insurance days that old people are way worse than stoners. Tbh, wouldn't be shocked to find hey are also worse than drunks, blind people, and terrorists too.

Then again, I'm a supporter of compulsory driving retests after a cetrain age anyway due to years of that experience, so hat fits my view on being stoned (i.e. regulate it).
    Volvo does a lot of interesting studies wrt. road safety; some interesting things they have found;
    A small child is the most distracting thing possible to have in car. Kid starts coughing and your eyes are off the road.
    Talking on a cellphone is only slightly more distracting than having a conversation with someone in the passenger seat.
    Listening to the radio is far more distracting than people give credit for; and serial surfers (you know the type, constantly changing stations cuz 'nothing is on') are about equally impaired as people who text while driving.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; July 17 2017 at 05:19:45 PM.

A scooter and a man is better

Don't Smoke and Drive Smuggo, you degenerate ass hole.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Real talk. Actual prescription drugs prescribed by actual trained medical doctors are way, way more dangerous and damaging to society than weed.
    As a person that had a lot of prescription painkiller use (opiates) and had a real fuck of a time getting off them, I couldn't agree more.

It's just so EASY to get hooked on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm always interested how prevalent prescription opioids are in Britain compared to the states.
    Problem with murica is this shit gets advertised on TV and patients demand drugs from doctors rather than doctors telling patients what to take.

Of course, if the Tories ever succeed in their goal to destroy the NHS then we can expect massive prescription drug addiction problems here too!!
    In part yes; however the actual problem drugs, stimulants, benzo's, opiods, don't really get advertised at all compared to things like heart, gastro, and other more benign medications. Mainly because the problem medications are essentially ubiquitous and have existed for decades. The primary driver is the carelessness with which they are prescribed. Feeling a bit blue or anxious; where heres a script for xanax, take a few a day for the next few dozen years. Oh wait they don't cut it anymore; here's a klonopin to take on top. Got an ache? take some perc's and when those dont work we'll give you some oxy's.

It also doesn't help that you can literally shop around till you find a doctor that will give you what you want. Shrink thinks you just have some issues you need to work through?, fuck em, the next guy will happily write you a script. Doc says physical therapy will help your back, eh too time consuming, find a doctor who will give me perc's today.

And the growing heroin epidemic is a direct result of this. Everyone I know who has gotten hooked on heroin has started with pills. And I wish I could say its a small number of people, but its not and its constantly growing; while my pool of former school friends is shrinking. Its really sad to see; and this is in a very, very wealthy area of New Jersey, not back water Kentucky where whole communities are buckling under this shit show.
    Fentanyl pills? Watched this the other week. Grim stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28rJqj-7pEY

Seems in 2012, the go to opioid prescription pill of choice in the USA was oxycodone. It was reformulated to oxyneo, an anti-tamper pill to stop it being used by opioid addicts. Seems that this led to illicit chinese Fentanyl, which is extremely toxic. Smells a bit like the legal high ban in the UK leading to spice epidemic, a drug much worse than those that were banned. Classic reactionary fuckery scenes

Seems in 2012, the go to opioid prescription pill of choice in the USA was oxycodone. It was reformulated to oxyneo, an anti-tamper pill to stop it being used by opioid addicts. Seems that this led to illicit chinese Fentanyl, which is extremely toxic. Smells a bit like the legal high ban in the UK leading to spice epidemic, a drug much worse than those that were banned. Classic reactionary fuckery scenes
    Yeah that fentanyl is some dangerous shit; remember reading about something like 30 people dying in 24 hours in one county in ohio due to it.

I mean shit this is the lethal dose

Ban personal use cars

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Anyone who does this, like drink drivers, deserves prison.

I would immediately drop a friend who did this.
    I'd +rep you, but I've already done it too recently.

No, it is not alright to drive while stoned. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle at speeds high enough to generate massive amounts of kinetic energy. The right way - the only way - to drive is stone cold sober, two hands on the wheel, doing nothing but paying attention to where your speeding hunk of metal is going and what the other hunks of metal around you are doing. If you don't want to do that, take a damn cab.
    Back in reality land ill be driving with one hand on the wheel mostly and with, while not a lack of concentration, ill only be applying as much as is needed to drive safely. Driving isnt that hard. this chat is getting to read a lot like "virgins discuss sex" but about driving.
    There are over 17K reported traffic accidents each day in the US, leading to just shy of 100 deaths. If the accident rate were the death rate, I might agree with you. But when there's a 5-digit number of accidents each and every day, one can only conclude that driving a car is clearly incredibly hard for a whole lot of people.
    Have some handy math. Americans drive 8.8 billion miles daily, or one fatality for every 88 million miles. At 17k accidents daily that's still a rate of only one accident per 500,000 miles driven, or about the distance an average person covers in 15-20 years. Given the whole multi-vehicle accident thing, I think statistics show an average driver being in an accident once every 7-10 years.

Don't get me wrong, traffic accidents are still a significant source of mortality. But the individual risk is quite negligible; our roads are very safe. It follows that since all these statistics are the product of human action (i.e. people driving), driving can't be that difficult.
    Road crashes lead to 2.1% of all deaths globally, "but the risks are negligable to the individual". A 1/50 chance of death is negligible????

By that token, here are some other "negligible" risks throughout the world:

All childhood diseases (1.9%)
    All birth complications and congenital defects (1.75%)
    Hypertensive heart disease (1.6%)
    Suicide (1.5%)
    All forms of inflicted violent death (1.28%)
    Falling (0.69%)
    Drowning (0.67%)
    Sorry to inform you that the chance of death is 50/50. No one gets out alive. You just have a 1/50 chance of dying, when your time comes up, in a car crash.... globally. Pro tip: the traffic fatality rate in the global south is waaaaaaay higher than in Europe or North America.

Annual mortality rate in the US is about 2.5 million a year. Of those, about 30,000 are traffic fatalities, or about 0.012 of all deaths (1.2%).

Now, let's roll that figure into the total population (~330,000,000). And the individual likelihood of dying in a car accident in a given year is about 0.00009 (.009%).

Not a major risk.
    Last edited by Lachesis VII; July 17 2017 at 06:17:22 PM.

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

Not convinced those are particularly useful metrics. I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized.
    What? Seriously?

You dont think legalisation makes more people smoke / people smoke more often?
    Pls read the second sentence again. "I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized."
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

weed isnt addictive.

sorry if I struck a chord there buddy

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    what are the road death figures for the UK?

phoneposting
    3.6ish per billion km, or half the US rate.
    Are you sure you aren't off by about ... 3.1deaths?

These statistics claim 6.7 deaths per billion km in the UK, and 7.8 in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epidem...tics_in_Europe

#themoreyouknow #JoeAppleby'sLaw
    Probably old data or differing methodologies - I'm referencing OECD data from 2015; page 4 of this riveting document illustrates the UK's pretty incredible success in cutting road fatalities.

weed isnt addictive.

sorry if I struck a chord there buddy
    let's see if we can get a snide hat trick

phoneposting

Lagman recently graduated from the Xenosis Raper school of posting.