hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 316

Thread: Is it alright to drive while stoned?

  1. #161
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,976
    ikr?
    meh

  2. #162
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,203
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG


  3. #163
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG
    GG
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  4. #164
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG
    And there we have it...

  5. #165
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,911
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG
    And there we have it...
    Merely a coincidence.

    You should see how I fly stoned.

  6. #166
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG
    It all worked out fine in the end tho.

  7. #167
    Sandzibar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Playing PUBG with Smuggo.
    He lights up a spliff before match.
    Find car.
    He drives.
    Immeadiately crashes.

    GG
    It all worked out fine in the end tho.
    You found half a packet of hobnobs, ate them, and then fell asleep at your desk?

  8. #168
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

    Not convinced those are particularly useful metrics. I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized.
    What? Seriously?

    You dont think legalisation makes more people smoke / people smoke more often?

  9. #169
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    The NTSB did a report years ago that stated at any given time 25% on the drivers on the road are under the influence of prescription medication that should not be taken when operating a vehicle. Part of the downside of better living through modern chemistry
    Gonna need a source on that. 25% of the drivers on the road at any given time? Yeah... that sounds very very far off.

  10. #170
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

    Not convinced those are particularly useful metrics. I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized.
    What? Seriously?

    You dont think legalisation makes more people smoke / people smoke more often?
    Well in countries where it is legal there tends to be lower usage. Also that's not what he's saying either.

  11. #171
    Donor Lorkin Desal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,536
    If you did the job I do you would all stop drink & drug driving in a heartbeat. Its the cause of some of the most tragic shit I,ve ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

  12. #172
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Anyone who does this, like drink drivers, deserves prison.

    I would immediately drop a friend who did this.
    I'd +rep you, but I've already done it too recently.

    No, it is not alright to drive while stoned. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle at speeds high enough to generate massive amounts of kinetic energy. The right way - the only way - to drive is stone cold sober, two hands on the wheel, doing nothing but paying attention to where your speeding hunk of metal is going and what the other hunks of metal around you are doing. If you don't want to do that, take a damn cab.
    Back in reality land ill be driving with one hand on the wheel mostly and with, while not a lack of concentration, ill only be applying as much as is needed to drive safely. Driving isnt that hard. this chat is getting to read a lot like "virgins discuss sex" but about driving.
    There are over 17K reported traffic accidents each day in the US, leading to just shy of 100 deaths. If the accident rate were the death rate, I might agree with you. But when there's a 5-digit number of accidents each and every day, one can only conclude that driving a car is clearly incredibly hard for a whole lot of people.
    Have some handy math. Americans drive 8.8 billion miles daily, or one fatality for every 88 million miles. At 17k accidents daily that's still a rate of only one accident per 500,000 miles driven, or about the distance an average person covers in 15-20 years. Given the whole multi-vehicle accident thing, I think statistics show an average driver being in an accident once every 7-10 years.

    Don't get me wrong, traffic accidents are still a significant source of mortality. But the individual risk is quite negligible; our roads are very safe. It follows that since all these statistics are the product of human action (i.e. people driving), driving can't be that difficult.
    Road crashes lead to 2.1% of all deaths globally, "but the risks are negligable to the individual". A 1/50 chance of death is negligible????

    By that token, here are some other "negligible" risks throughout the world:

    All childhood diseases (1.9%)
    All birth complications and congenital defects (1.75%)
    Hypertensive heart disease (1.6%)
    Suicide (1.5%)
    All forms of inflicted violent death (1.28%)
    Falling (0.69%)
    Drowning (0.67%)

  13. #173

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    5,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what are the road death figures for the UK?

    phoneposting
    3.6ish per billion km, or half the US rate.

  14. #174
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,209
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    what are the road death figures for the UK?

    phoneposting
    3.6ish per billion km, or half the US rate.
    If I'm not mistaken most EU nations make it significantly more difficult to get a license and quite a bit easier to lose a license as well.

  15. #175
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,401
    This thread only proves the need for dedicated work camps, where all the stoners can be sent to work off their drug addiction so they can be returned back as productive members of society

  16. #176
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

    Not convinced those are particularly useful metrics. I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized.
    What? Seriously?

    You dont think legalisation makes more people smoke / people smoke more often?
    don't less people smoke from Holland than the UK?

    phoneposting
    Rather than comparing two completely different countries without controlling for the myriad of other relevant factors, how about an example that has recently gone through legalization itself thus can be directly compares with its own past stats, Colorado:

    Adults over 26, past 30-day marijuana use went from 7.6% in 2012 to 12.4% in 2014.

    So a more than 60% increase...

  17. #177

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    2006
    Posts
    4,447
    But is it alright to stone people while driving?

  18. #178
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    17,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    But is it alright to stone people while driving?
    If they are already stoned, what's a few more stones?

    Besides, Smuggo's lightening stoner reflexes and "slo-mo vision" will allow him to swerve around any unexpected projectiles.

  19. #179
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post

    Not convinced those are particularly useful metrics. I find it unlikely that the sort of person who didn't smoke because it was illegal is the same sort of person who is then going to smoke and drive as soon as marijuana is legalized.
    What? Seriously?

    You dont think legalisation makes more people smoke / people smoke more often?
    don't less people smoke from Holland than the UK?

    phoneposting
    Rather than comparing two completely different countries without controlling for the myriad of other relevant factors, how about an example that has recently gone through legalization itself thus can be directly compares with its own past stats, Colorado:

    Adults over 26, past 30-day marijuana use went from 7.6% in 2012 to 12.4% in 2014.

    So a more than 60% increase...
    Okay but the generalised trend is that where drugs are legalised there is usually lower incidents of drug use. That Colorado saw an increase after legalising something that had long been cracked down on hard in the immediate aftermath of legalisation doesn't really say much about the long-term trend.

  20. #180
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    14,246
    Who thinks the UK is much more similar to a US state than a social democratic European neighbour?

    I bet more dutch people even speak English.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •