hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 365

Thread: Is it alright to drive while stoned?

  1. #141
    Donor Rami's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    London/Snuffbox
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Anyone who does this, like drink drivers, deserves prison.

    I would immediately drop a friend who did this.
    I'd +rep you, but I've already done it too recently.

    No, it is not alright to drive while stoned. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle at speeds high enough to generate massive amounts of kinetic energy. The right way - the only way - to drive is stone cold sober, two hands on the wheel, doing nothing but paying attention to where your speeding hunk of metal is going and what the other hunks of metal around you are doing. If you don't want to do that, take a damn cab.
    Back in reality land ill be driving with one hand on the wheel mostly and with, while not a lack of concentration, ill only be applying as much as is needed to drive safely. Driving isnt that hard. this chat is getting to read a lot like "virgins discuss sex" but about driving.
    He's right though, and "driving isn't hard" doesn't invalidate his argument at all. Anything that distracts you whilst driving is dumb, be it a phone on hands-off, being tired, stoned, drunk, whatever. Driving with one hand, v0v, we've almost all done it at some point or another. You need to be in control, driving with one hand on a 30mph road when you have full visibility, meh. Driving with one hand when you're going 80mph on the highway and you get a flat tire is whelp.

    It's all fun and games until you're that parent that opens the door to the cops to hear their 6 year old was killed by some idiot who thought he was in full control.

  2. #142
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,837
    Shirley driving with 1 hand is easier on the motorway at 80mph? More likely to have two hands on the wheel in a slow street in a residential area.



  3. #143
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,176
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  4. #144
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.



  5. #145
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.
    Yeah so when something unexpected happens, you've got twice as much momentum to deal with before you come to a stop.

    Driving accidents don't happen because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be m8.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  6. #146
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    The number of people that don't pay attention to anything more that the vehicle immediately in front of them already makes me nervous.

  7. #147
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.
    Yeah so when something unexpected happens, you've got twice as much momentum to deal with before you come to a stop.

    Driving accidents don't happen because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be m8.
    And hence you can adjust your driving based on conditions. If I'm on the motorway and it's empty then I can put my foot down and only keep one hand on the wheel because nothing unexpected is going to happen.



  8. #148
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.
    Yeah so when something unexpected happens, you've got twice as much momentum to deal with before you come to a stop.

    Driving accidents don't happen because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be m8.
    And hence you can adjust your driving based on conditions. If I'm on the motorway and it's empty then I can put my foot down and only keep one hand on the wheel because nothing unexpected is going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  9. #149
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,837
    There need to be other vehicles to do unexpected things for your argument to work.



  10. #150
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,176
    If I have to explain to you all the things that can happen while you're driving along an empty highway, then you really shouldn't be driving.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  11. #151
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    28,837
    A tyre going maybe... what else? Should I be constantly preparing for a piano to fall onto the carriageway in front of me?



  12. #152
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,176
    Basically yeah, because any threats that you aren't aware of are by definition threats you aren't aware of. Thus you should always be alert, because you can never know everything you don't know.

    At least while you're driving a hunk of metal at ludicrous speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  13. #153
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,373
    Your brain on Communism.

  14. #154
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    15,859
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

    Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    Isn't kill your self bannable these days?

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  15. #155
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    1,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

    What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    It's amazing anyone ever survived driving a car with a manual transmission at speed. All that one-handed steering, especially when on the brakes heading into corners, or with the throttle pinned on a straight.

  16. #156

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

    Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    I suppose you'd be very familiar with the antisocial fuckwit side of the equation there.

    Possibly the most genuinely fucking retarded member of this forum, congratulations.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  17. #157

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,650
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

    Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    Isn't kill your self bannable these days?

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Cant help but feel that goes only for Xenosis.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

  18. #158

    Join Date
    April 9, 2012
    Location
    Pit of depravity
    Posts
    6,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

    Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    Isn't kill your self bannable these days?

    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Cant help but feel that goes only for Xenosis.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    I'd be pretty ok with keeping that rule consistent, especially when the current violator is metatwat.

  19. #159
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,100
    Smuggo reaching w0lf crandraven level of facepalm these days.

  20. #160
    Donor F18's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Spring Yard Zone
    Posts
    3,513
    it is alright driving whilst stoned.

    why does helgur have a red name ?
    RIP Xenosisreaper 04.11.2015

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •