hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it alright to drive while stoned?

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Anyone who does this, like drink drivers, deserves prison.

I would immediately drop a friend who did this.
    I'd +rep you, but I've already done it too recently.

No, it is not alright to drive while stoned. You're operating a multi-ton vehicle at speeds high enough to generate massive amounts of kinetic energy. The right way - the only way - to drive is stone cold sober, two hands on the wheel, doing nothing but paying attention to where your speeding hunk of metal is going and what the other hunks of metal around you are doing. If you don't want to do that, take a damn cab.
    Back in reality land ill be driving with one hand on the wheel mostly and with, while not a lack of concentration, ill only be applying as much as is needed to drive safely. Driving isnt that hard. this chat is getting to read a lot like "virgins discuss sex" but about driving.
    He's right though, and "driving isn't hard" doesn't invalidate his argument at all. Anything that distracts you whilst driving is dumb, be it a phone on hands-off, being tired, stoned, drunk, whatever. Driving with one hand, v0v, we've almost all done it at some point or another. You need to be in control, driving with one hand on a 30mph road when you have full visibility, meh. Driving with one hand when you're going 80mph on the highway and you get a flat tire is whelp.

It's all fun and games until you're that parent that opens the door to the cops to hear their 6 year old was killed by some idiot who thought he was in full control.

Shirley driving with 1 hand is easier on the motorway at 80mph? More likely to have two hands on the wheel in a slow street in a residential area.

Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Yes I'm sure that's a reason to get complacent at the controls of a piece of heavy machinery. You absolutely should have half as much control when you've moving twice as fast.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? "lol driving is easy" No it isn't, it's just something you're used to doing so you feel like it's safe and easy.
    Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Yeah but you can move at twice the speed because the roads are really wide and multi-laned and have no pedestrians or parked cars and are relatively straight.
    Yeah so when something unexpected happens, you've got twice as much momentum to deal with before you come to a stop.

Driving accidents don't happen because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be m8.

The number of people that don't pay attention to anything more that the vehicle immediately in front of them already makes me nervous.

Yeah so when something unexpected happens, you've got twice as much momentum to deal with before you come to a stop.

Driving accidents don't happen because everything is exactly where it's supposed to be m8.
    And hence you can adjust your driving based on conditions. If I'm on the motorway and it's empty then I can put my foot down and only keep one hand on the wheel because nothing unexpected is going to happen.

And hence you can adjust your driving based on conditions. If I'm on the motorway and it's empty then I can put my foot down and only keep one hand on the wheel because nothing unexpected is going to happen.

There need to be other vehicles to do unexpected things for your argument to work.

If I have to explain to you all the things that can happen while you're driving along an empty highway, then you really shouldn't be driving.

A tyre going maybe... what else? Should I be constantly preparing for a piano to fall onto the carriageway in front of me?

Basically yeah, because any threats that you aren't aware of are by definition threats you aren't aware of. Thus you should always be alert, because you can never know everything you don't know.

At least while you're driving a hunk of metal at ludicrous speeds.

Your brain on Communism.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    Isn't kill your self bannable these days?

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

It's amazing anyone ever survived driving a car with a manual transmission at speed. All that one-handed steering, especially when on the brakes heading into corners, or with the throttle pinned on a straight.

Typical thread that shows why the forums have turned into shit in the past years.

Part of the people used the 10 years since eve to become responsible adults. Other part turned into antisocial moms basement social life failures. Oh and then there are those idiots who still play eve and are like 16, go die irl.
    I suppose you'd be very familiar with the antisocial fuckwit side of the equation there.

Possibly the most genuinely fucking retarded member of this forum, congratulations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Cant help but feel that goes only for Xenosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Cant help but feel that goes only for Xenosis.

I'd be pretty ok with keeping that rule consistent, especially when the current violator is metatwat.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Smuggo reaching w0lf crandraven level of facepalm these days.

it is alright driving whilst stoned.

why does helgur have a red name ?
    RIP Xenosisreaper 04.11.2015