hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

View Poll Results: Should CCP charge (more) Aurum for limited-run fashion items?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acceptable

51 89.47%
  • Not acceptable

2 3.51%
  • Don't care

4 7.02%

Thread: Pay Aurum for ~Limited Edition~ fashion items

Pay Aurum for ~Limited Edition~ fashion items

Tony O made a point that a attaining something that is limited will bestow status. getting something 'off the rack' is not. Japanese street fashion does this religiously - you can sell what would otherwise be a commodity t-shirt for a crap-load more money if you only print 500 of them ever.

Case in point: Guardian Vexors, Utu, heck, even the free ships CCP gives out are more valuable than their stats suggest, precisely because they don't make any more of them. In fact, part of the reason why they sell at a premium is the implicit understanding that no reprints will be made.

So, if CCP made, say, a Gallente Officer coat for 750 AUR, but made a limited-run Malkalen Campaign Gallente Officer coat for 5000AUR, would you be incredibly butthurt and raeg, or go 'good job with the reskin, now go use the money on moar spaceship art'?

(personally, I believe that, beyond the really generic base-level clothing, CCP should do 6-month limited seasons on all their fashion lines, to drive a bit of urgency into purchasing, but I am, as I have mentioned, a prick)
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Pay Aurum for ~Limited Edition~ fashion items

I can agree to limited edition clothing. (although I hate it cuz it'd make be buy it) So long as there is a steady stream of non MT clothing as well.

Re: Pay Aurum for ~Limited Edition~ fashion items

This is what I want to see. Fashion items and decor could be released around in game events, the alliance tournament (team jackets anyone?), or any other time relevant apparel. Items related to RL events, memes, or even officially licensed merch could be made, but that may be taking things a bit too far.

Team Fortress has all sorts of limited-edition stuff, usually due to tie-ins with other games. I believe there was the 'TF2 available on mac' ipod earbuds, the 'i bought portal2' badge, the veteran badges based on when you first started playing etc.

Of course, most of them are immersion-breaking, but that obviously isn't a design constraint on the TF2 guys, or else there wouldn't be people running around with treasure chests and octopuses on their heads.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

Fine by me.

Yes. This is what AUR is for. And as a bonus, it injects high value investment items into the market.
    Ripard Teg (among others)... what's our new alliance called again?
    I was once Deemed Worthy To Wield The Banhammer, to good effect. Or at least, that's what most of EVE believes.

Limited everything is good~ All hair the scarcity god.

The point of virtual economy is generation artificial scarcity. Paying to make things easier is terrible because it fails this principle.

Strict limited editions in small numbers wouldn't hurt the game, even if mildly OP when used in game, so long as they're destructible, small quantity, and not too lol-OP.

Want to boost your RL profit without breaking the game? Auction off BPCs totalling 100 runs or less of an AT reward style frig or cruiser every few months.

Want to minimize your RL profit? Put unlimited editions of stupidly priced virtual clothing items on your paywall and try to pretend they're analogous to $1000 hand-tailored fashion clothing.

Want to ensure I (and at least a few others) never undock again? Sell or threaten to sell your goddamn golden bullets/boosters.

Not only are they being greedy assholes, they're being incredibly stupid greedy assholes. Fuck 'em.

yeah, thats basically a nice way to use it, season limited edition items.
    need me?, contact me on Discord (entrox#0001) or via e-mail (entrox@failheap-challenge.com).