hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's my [TUESDAY] daythread?

Where's my [TUESDAY] daythread?

So we keep doing daythreads, then why isn't there a Tuesday thread yet?

I started playing Diablo 3 again. It's fun.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So we keep doing daythreads, then why isn't there a Tuesday thread yet?

I started playing Diablo 3 again. It's fun.

Tapapapatalk
    Playing a couple of public games, awesome game. Tapapapatalk.

Well....it is Tuesday.
    That's honestly about all i have to say about it.

Fuck Tuesdays.

Smuggo
    So we got shuffled into a new temporary office today (I say temporary but we will be here until 2018) and it is fucking tiny. My original desk was basically backing right onto some other guys, we would have been bumping into each other all day, so after kicking up a stink we have moved stuff about and I have taken the intern's desk in the corner away from everyone else but fuck it is still cramped, can't even situate my keyboard in a comfortable position.

I've said if they don't sort it out and make more space available I'll be working at home until they move office again.

Smuggo
    Wife in tears because she needs her GCSE certificates for her work college application, she can't find English though.

It's 45 for a quasi-replacement from the exam board, fucking shitters. Also take four weeks to issue the certificate because reasons...

Also... who the fuck wants GCSE certificates from someone in their mid 30s FFS? I'd be proper fucked in that situation as I have no fucking clue where any of the A-Level or GCSE certs are as I kinda figure having a degree and 12 years work experience should make them obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Wife in tears because she needs her GCSE certificates for her work college application, she can't find English though.

It's 45 for a quasi-replacement from the exam board, fucking shitters. Also take four weeks to issue the certificate because reasons...

Also... who the fuck wants GCSE certificates from someone in their mid 30s FFS? I'd be proper fucked in that situation as I have no fucking clue where any of the A-Level or GCSE certs are as I kinda figure having a degree and 12 years work experience should make them obsolete.
    Wtf? They actually want the certificates? What kind of weird fucking place is that?! I haven't seen mine for a decade or more....

Has she tried contacting them and explaining she has lost it, but is waiting on a replacement?

Off to Bristol for a few days work. Thankfully already worked out playing some magic with nerds tomorrow night so that should make it better.

Then Derby next week, no idea what I'll do there but finding more magic nerds is probably top of my list.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    sat in training showing me how to do the same job ive done for the last 4 years.

training - does this make sense?

me - yes, as you are reading from a document i wrote ...

Girlfriend wants to a record a phone interview she's doing for her dissertation. Apparently this isn't as simple as you'd think. Does anyone know how you can do it for a call from an iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

Wtf? They actually want the certificates? What kind of weird fucking place is that?! I haven't seen mine for a decade or more....

Has she tried contacting them and explaining she has lost it, but is waiting on a replacement?
    They said she has to have them or they can't accept her. Anyway, she rang me about 10 mins ago and after turning the house upside down has managed to find it.

Really though, they should enable colleges and employers to just search this shit online, it's 2017 FFS, no way people should be expected to keep ahold of some piece of paper from when they were a teenager for their whole life just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post

They said she has to have them or they can't accept her. Anyway, she rang me about 10 mins ago and after turning the house upside down has managed to find it.

Really though, they should enable colleges and employers to just search this shit online, it's 2017 FFS, no way people should be expected to keep ahold of some piece of paper from when they were a teenager for their whole life just in case.
    Pray you never want to get employed in Germany.

We have an unhealthy obsession with keeping our documents neat.

inb4 Godwin

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Smuggo
    Zero chance I will ever go and work in Autismland.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Should make a new internet rule, Appleby's law. Discuss any topic for long enough and someone will come along and tell you how things are different in germany, but to an autistic degree that you never asked for or needed
    i for one support this XD

worked 3 shifts at second jerb.
    Living in overdraft of main account.
    Need monies as maxing out overdraft.
    Ask 2nd jerb to pay into savings account so the money doesn't just disappear into OD yeah sure np problem give us the bank details.
    so they pay me into the main account reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Should make a new internet rule, Appleby's law. Discuss any topic for long enough and someone will come along and tell you how things are different in germany, but to an autistic degree that you never asked for or needed

Ask 2nd jerb to pay into savings account so the money doesn't just disappear into OD yeah sure np problem give us the bank details.
    And you don't vote Labour.

lmao
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Random phonecall before by some old dear who's son had found my wallet. Didnt even know the fucking thing was missing but it has my IDs and cards in so thank fuck he was a goodun. Sorted the little chap a tenner and now i sit here feeling good about the world.

Ironically the very wallet was one i found a few years back and kept cos its a nice ted baker one and i was skint and it had a tenner in it.
    IT'S THE CIRCLE OF LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

lmao
    if labour was in power id need a 3rd fucking job. i'm a home owner remember and a straight white male. i might as well be some sort of mecha-hitler-savile to lefties.

Smuggo

lmao
    if labour was in power id need a 3rd fucking job. i'm a home owner remember and a straight white male. i might as well be some sort of mecha-hitler-savile to lefties.
    You're also a bawwing depressed babbie.

If you aren't an employer or BTL landlord the tories don't care for you.

lmao
    You're also a bawwing depressed babbie.
    shhh i cant have a legit mental health issue unless it makes me a monster it doesnt fit the narrative that all straight white males are super privileged.

Smuggo
    >mental health
    >legit

lol