hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494101102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,071 of 2071

Thread: Photography Tech Thread

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Which digital full (lel) frame has the widest (stop range, as in -3EV, 0 and +3EV) bracketing options and won't cost me an arm and a leg? Currently I'm using oldass Nikon D80, it has -2 +2 range, but since the world economy is starting shitting itself I might as well make use of my meager savings till they're worth something and buy a proper DSLR.
    Just checked on Sony A7III, and it has 3EV step as maximum which you can do with three (-3, 0, +3) or five shots (-6, -3, 0, +3, +6). There are additional seven and nine shot modes, but those have a maximum of 1EV step. I haven't used the camera for bracketing, but I can take some photos for you to check if you want.
    Nah, it's cool. I'm just fishing for recommendations since I don't follow the digital cameras at all. In fact, I've stopped looking at gear some time ago now. Thx!
    Out of curiosity, what'll your use case be for such a wide bracket?

I've been looking at Nikon D800 used prices lately, as they seem to have come down to about 600 EUR or so (where, incidentally, the 12Mpx D700 bottomed out some time ago as well for some inexplicable reason).
    D800 is a steal for 600EUR.

I really want the D850 for the ISO performance seeing the D800 tops out at 6400 usable and has horrible banding further than that.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

If anyone here has a Sony a7 and is interested in an 85mm prime, just got this through a newsletter:

Sony SEL-85F18, 358,32
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B06VTFTZ17

Can't find anywhere ink for my printer to print negatives with.

I don't know if I should start panicking or not yet.

I'm working on new print technique - acrylic gel transfer. You basically print the photo in your printer, smear it with gel (ink bonds with it), remove the paper and transfer the gel onto new surface. This will let me scratch my itch for doing RGB prints that I've had for some time. It won't be nowhere near as fancy as handpainted cyanotypes but eh, nobody cares about the process itself apart from other photographers.

Do you have time to do a "behind the scenes" of some sort with some (perhaps conventional) photos at some point?

Do you have time to do a "behind the scenes" of some sort with some (perhaps conventional) photos at some point?
    Are you interested in how the RAW photos looks, how I edit them, or the process itself how I transform them into cyanotype prints? Or are you asking about the acrylic gel transfers?

Are you interested in how the RAW photos looks, how I edit them, or the process itself how I transform them into cyanotype prints? Or are you asking about the acrylic gel transfers?
    Mostly the physical parts with prints etc., which I find the most intriguing.

Maybe digital editing if you think it is unusual or particularly important for the final look.

I'll try to do that next time I'm doing cyanotypes, but it can be some time before I print next batch (I'm doing them in bulk to save on the workload) If you don't want to wait, I could also link you a great site that explains these things in picture heavy tutorial formats (this is one of the crapton tutorials they have on cyanotypes): http://www.alternativephotography.co...ng-cyanotypes/
    Last edited by Venec; June 25 2020 at 02:36:20 PM.

I'll try to do that next time I'm doing cyanotypes, but it can be some time before I print next batch (I'm doing them in bulk to save on the workload) If you don't want to wait, I could also link you a great site that explains these things in tutorial formats (this is one of the crapton tutorials they have on cyanotypes): http://www.alternativephotography.co...ng-cyanotypes/
    Thanks! I will take a look at the tutorial, and it would also be fun to see how you do this stuff. Obviously and unfortunately I am maxed out of +-repability for you as usual.

<3

If you're interested in making your own cyanotypes I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Maybe the most tricky part is obtaining the workable negatives and materials for them, as the material availability (like the transparency film sheets you print the negative on, if you're using an inkjet printer for printing negatives) can vary from country to country.

Working out the kinks of acrylic transfer is going smoothly.