hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 2003

Thread: Photography Tech Thread

Congrats, Venec! Well done (keep posting.)

Thx guys, my next upload will be the print in question

Spoiler:
    I'm mad proud of myself

Thinking about trading in my 6D and lenses to something like an XT20 or maybe an OMD. Anyone have thoughts or recommendations? I can't afford to throw much money at this, the plan is to trade in at a camera dealer somewhere and get out with whatever free camera I can.

I use my cameras mostly for wildlife,landscapes and video. Weather sealing would be a big bonus for me but I appreciate that hinges on the lenses as much as the body, otherwise battery life and decent all round performance along with a MIC IN jack is what I'm after

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Piece of shit soviet cameras, transport in my Kiev 60 is shitting itself. Tempted to throw it in the trash - it was nearly mint and it's not the first problem I had with it.

I god damm hate it.

Need to save up on a Yashica or Flexaret.

Try the Pentacon Six next? At least you can keep the lens

Had one borrowed for a few weeks, and it was pretty nice. Surprisingly light for a MF SLR, too.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Try the Pentacon Six next? At least you can keep the lens

Had one borrowed for a few weeks, and it was pretty nice. Surprisingly light for a MF SLR, too.
    I thought about it, but they have reputation of breaking down too.

If you're serious about film then save for a 500CM imho. Or just buy a digital camera that can do everything film can. You can save a bottle of fixer and sniff it during Lightroom editing sessions ^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Hassel would be sweet thing to have, but I'm not that rich. I already own Mamiya 645 Pro (fuck, I love the thing), but I also want 6x6 (for 6x9 I'd need another, more expensive enlarger). And I'm serious about the film, since I have a darkroom setup and I do prints nearly on week to week basis. I know some people dabble in digital negatives, but I'm not convinced. Besides gl getting a digital MF (or LF, since I plan sometime in the future of getting one).
    Last edited by Venec; May 13 2018 at 10:05:41 PM.

Hm, at least you can adapt your Kiev lenses on the 645, so it's not a total loss.

Pentacons break less often though - well, at least from what I've read online (and this guy doesn't sound too impartial). A Bronica SQ (or S2!) setup is a swell alternative to a 500C and shouldn't break the bank (I've impulse bought a kit for myself a while back, but hardly used it to be completely honest).

(or a Flexaret TLR!)
    Last edited by halka; May 13 2018 at 11:00:22 PM.

Photography Tech Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Hassel would be sweet thing to have, but I'm not that rich. I already own Mamiya 645 Pro (fuck, I love the thing), but I also want 6x6 (for 6x9 I'd need another, more expensive enlarger). And I'm serious about the film, since I have a darkroom setup and I do prints nearly on week to week basis. I know some people dabble in digital negatives, but I'm not convinced. Besides gl getting a digital MF (or LF, since I plan sometime in the future of getting one).
    Nikon D810 with good glass is the cheapest MF you can get. Yes, I know it's FF, but. its faster and has better IQ that any MF. Unlike film, with digital FF is really long, both in quality and in price. And yeah with a bit of practice you can get the MF look.

As for digital LF, there was a dude somewhere who made a digital LF out of a desktop scanner and some code and some cardboard ^^

Edit: I got the Mamiya 645M and I love it to bits, but I cba shooting with it lately

FF is MF guys

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

If you feel that a MF sensor is worth the investment considering Hassy's shoddy quality lately, be my guest. Until then, FF from Nikon and Sony provide better quality and most of the times enough pixels to be satisfied of the result. Obviously good glass is needed too.

idgi we're talking about a replacement MF film camera and you recommended a D810+ expensive glass.

If I was looking into buying another MF camera I'd pick up a fuji rangefinder in an instant. MF SLRs are monsters unless you're willing to pay out the ass

phoneposting

Guys, it's simple. I'll sell the Kiev lenses and buy Yashica 124g - it's the only logical choice.

And the body I'll use as paperweight, play footie with it or throw it the fuck away. Useless garbage.

no you need MF rangefinder with no meter, beat people to death with it. Very sturdy, decent iq

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    idgi we're talking about a replacement MF film camera and you recommended a D810+ expensive glass.

If I was looking into buying another MF camera I'd pick up a fuji rangefinder in an instant. MF SLRs are monsters unless you're willing to pay out the ass
    We weren't. We were doing mental gymnastics about digital MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Canon days at a photography store in Oslo these days. Dropped by. 5DMKIV 25% off nice. Asked if they where giving discount on 5DSR's. No, but they had one by coincidence that's practically new and returned from a customer. It went for 26K crowns, which is 1/3 of it's price shaved off as new. Seller said there had to be someone in the system that had done something wrong repricing it and he had to have it double checked.

He double checked and it was priced correctly, which was a bit weird. But hey, an almost new 5DSR (had about 200 exposures) under full warranty. I'll take it. You would be hard pressed to find something like that for the same price sold as used on finn.no (our answer to craigslist).

I've had my 5D MKII since 2008. About time I upgraded my kit. Had plans to convert to Sony. But I tested a A7RIII the other day with a 24-70G lens but my eyes contracted aids by looking through that electronic viewfinder. No thanks.

And a 5DSR practically new @ 2/3 the price. You can't go wrong with that.
    Last edited by helgur; May 24 2018 at 07:46:24 PM.

Bought Yashica D.

Fuck off Kiev, you're off to the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Bought Yashica D.

Fuck off Kiev, you're off to the garbage.
    Ayyyy. Sold the lenses too?

My Leica took a fall a while ago, and while it was being serviced, I... my spirit broke and I've bought another M2. Just to have something to shoot with in the meantime (the half-dozen cameras that were on the shelf wouldn't cut it, apparently) and to have a back-up for the foreseeable future. Sold a bunch of stuff too, sure - the Nikon F3 which was sitting on the shelf for the better part of the year, along with most of the lenses - save for a 24 f/2 AiS that is so scratched up it doesn't make sense to get rid of it)

Nah, I still have the thing, but I'll be selling them prolly when I get around to it. Selling them I can probably get back the money I've spent on Yashica.

BTW, I never understood Leicas - I mean you can have MF with lens kit for the price of M2 body. Or LF together with enlarger for it.