hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Those little things we are unreasonably intolerant about.

People with depression, don't believe in it

Corbynistas on facebook
    "I think we could all do with sitting back a bit and detaching ourselves from the situation to really think about how these issues reflect on our future and how we discuss them here and be a bit less aggressive or defensive because everyone has a complicated set of circumstances that has led the to place importance on particular issues and it doesn't meany any of them is less valid, we just need to look at the broader picture"

Smuggo - Brexit Thread

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalline Entity View Post

Corbynistas on facebook

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Let alone the fact it's 2017 and most clothes shopping can be done reliably onliné
    Leaving the house for shopping is good, have a wander, get a bite to eat.
    Technically correct, and I might be inclined to do so more often myself since the local mall just got refurbished/expanded. 90% of the time though, I enjoy the comparative efficiency of when the dual stars of sales & free postage offers align. More chain stores here are starting to offer free click & collect, so there's that, too.

Let alone the fact it's 2017 and most clothes shopping can be done reliably onliné
    Technically correct, and I might be inclined to do so more often myself since the local mall just got refurbished/expanded. 90% of the time though, I enjoy the comparative efficiency of when the dual stars of sales & free postage offers align. More chain stores here are starting to offer free click & collect, so there's that, too.
    Go down the charity shops, some decent stuff if them if you can be arsed to look. Got myself a nice office chair at the BHF furniture shop at the weekend for just £25.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Go down the charity shops, some decent stuff if them if you can be arsed to look. Got myself a nice office chair at the BHF furniture shop at the weekend for just £25.
    There was one "good" Charity shop over in town for furniture & decor, vandals burnt it out and it hasn't been refurbished. I'm hopeful they could re-open, but it has been several months...

Most of the rest only do women & kid clothes with very little on offer for men. I have gone in looking for odds & ends, though. Some of the proper antique stores in the city have a decent selection for men.

My last office chair was sourced via Gumtree, I've also used it to source a free RPTV to scrap out a huge Fresnel lens. My current office chair came from Aldi of all places and at just $99 compares favorably to $300 & $400 chairs at the local office chains.

Lately, the Google Assistant has been quite handy, alerting me to sales on things I've looked at buying in the past. That's a little bit of synergy that works with online shopping.

Ignorance is bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I got another one. People arguing with the pharmacy about their prescriptions. There's a bunch of laws governing what they can prescribe and making a fuss will never get you anywhere.

How hard is it to call in and verify when your refill is going to be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harder than dealing with opiate withdrawal, presumably
    My Attorney has advised me to remove my new signature until further notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    He must be extremely happy with that post then.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.
    He must be extremely happy with that post then.
    The phrase works on many levels with CE.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

I somewhat agree with CE. The clinically depressed just seem like people who can't cope with the fact life isn't the way they want it to be.

I somewhat agree with CE. The clinically depressed just seem like people who can't cope with the fact life isn't the way they want it to be.
    Have you seen the state of the world? Depression seems to be a perfectly rational response.

Have you seen the state of the world? Depression seems to be a perfectly rational response.
    Oh yeah the world is fucked... not sure it's an excuse to curl up in a ball like a big babbie tho.

Yeah but this thread is for our unreasonable responses to little things, so thinking depression is being shit at life is indeed a pretty unreasonable conclusion.

grief and depression are not the same thing you bunch of bad teeth having pudgy ass balding gluttonous god save the queen mongoloids

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    grief and depression are not the same thing you bunch of bad teeth having pudgy ass balding gluttonous god save the queen mongoloids

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Good grief!

another little thing. People in wheelchairs. Just fucking walk you lazy bastards! Think of the money we'd save on ramps if they were a little less sitty downy

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    another little thing. People in wheelchairs. Just fucking walk you lazy bastards! Think of the money we'd save on ramps if they were a little less sitty downy
    There was this guy I went to uni with who was in a wheelchair. He was a complete cunt but you could never call him out just because his legs didn't work.

There was this guy I went to uni with who was in a wheelchair. He was a complete cunt but you could never call him out just because his legs didn't work.
    couldn't walk, or didn't want to walk? What's the difference!

couldn't walk, or didn't want to walk? What's the difference!