hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 270

Thread: Those little things we are unreasonably intolerant about.

  1. #181
    Movember 2012 Zekk Pacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    6,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I know a guy who is a sports coach, so obviously he play a lot of sport, but he doesn't seem to shower afterwards so constantly has this unbelievable strong stench of sweat about him all the time.

    He also moans he hasn't had a girlfriend for like 8 years...
    Does anyone tell him he reeks though?

    Was some poor fucking 16 year old working for Tesco with me back in the day. He sweated a lot and was pretty fragrant. Not his fault, he washed and used deoderant. Customers started to complain and a pretty safe manager tried the softly softly approach. After he had dome some hard graft, manager slapped him on the back "youve been working very hard today. smell of success, here have a blast of this" and chucked him an antiperspirant. Just stared back like a sad cow. Didnt change anything. Think the next less nice manager sacked them for being smelly. MAkes you think
    As a ten year retail manager it's one of the worst conversations you can ever have. No way to beat around the bush, you need to sit them down and tell them to wash and use proper antiperspirant.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

  2. #182
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    I know a guy who is a sports coach, so obviously he play a lot of sport, but he doesn't seem to shower afterwards so constantly has this unbelievable strong stench of sweat about him all the time.

    He also moans he hasn't had a girlfriend for like 8 years...
    Does anyone tell him he reeks though?

    Was some poor fucking 16 year old working for Tesco with me back in the day. He sweated a lot and was pretty fragrant. Not his fault, he washed and used deoderant. Customers started to complain and a pretty safe manager tried the softly softly approach. After he had dome some hard graft, manager slapped him on the back "youve been working very hard today. smell of success, here have a blast of this" and chucked him an antiperspirant. Just stared back like a sad cow. Didnt change anything. Think the next less nice manager sacked them for being smelly. MAkes you think
    As a ten year retail manager it's one of the worst conversations you can ever have. No way to beat around the bush, you need to sit them down and tell them to wash and use proper antiperspirant.
    A regimental bath sorts grots out much better than any conversation, subtle or otherwise.
    Last edited by Larkonis Trassler; July 7 2017 at 10:04:45 PM. Reason: added clarifying link for the civpop
    TRAPS ARE GAY!


  3. #183
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,253
    I work for myself now, so my boss can't tell me I am smelly. My GF does now and then, though.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  4. #184
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    Snowflake millennials saying they suffer from depression.

    Man the fuck up.
    Neck yourself posthaste.

    Faggot.

  5. #185
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarp View Post
    Snowflake millennials saying they suffer from depression.

    Man the fuck up.
    Neck yourself posthaste.

    Faggot.
    To be fair, this is the thread for unreasonable intolerance - even if they are wrong.

    OH

    MY

    GOD

    and another one today, people who door knock us for "charities"/surveys/and so on WHEN WE HAVE A SIGN POSTED politely telling them to fuck off.

    I should start buying drums of acid.

    For the bodies

  6. #186
    spitroast's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8, 2015
    Location
    Angry Northern Bastard, UK
    Posts
    2,454
    People asking me to do stuff for them... download this, burn that, fix this, install that. Fucks sake I HATE being computer literate.

  7. #187
    Miriam Sasko's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    People asking me to do stuff for them... download this, burn that, fix this, install that. Fucks sake I HATE being computer literate.
    I printed out this twice and made my parents attach it to their computer screens/palce it next to them.

    Actually helped a bit, they call less often, and the questions I do get tend to be better.

    Oh, and occasionally I do get to hear proud stories about how they solved their issues themselves. Which sometimes then requires un-solving to actually fix what they were trying to do, but the forensics involved in that can be fun, and quite often you learn something new, mainly about Microsoft Office.
    Last edited by Miriam Sasko; July 8 2017 at 07:27:28 PM.

  8. #188
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post

    I printed out this twice and made my parents attach it to their computer screens/palce it next to them.

    Actually helped a bit, they call less often, and the questions I do get tend to be better.

    Oh, and occasionally I do get to hear proud stories about how they solved their issues themselves. Which sometimes then requires un-solving to actually fix what they were trying to do, but the forensics involved in that can be fun, and quite often you learn something new, mainly about Microsoft Office.
    Get out of the break in period now .

  9. #189
    Donor Spawinte's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,912
    Internet socialists who complain endlessly about late capitalism and then get all upset over a burn out Nissan Micra when someone finally goes out on the streets and does what needs to be done.

    You can eat the shit straight out of my pale white ass.

  10. #190
    Hoggbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16, 2013
    Posts
    2,193
    socialists period

  11. #191
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,040
    Going clothes 'shopping' (ie browsing and tutting) with women.
    Man: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 12 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll get it, if not I'll try Y and Z in that order.
    Woman: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 3 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll head to Y and Z just to make sure there's nothing marginally better at a higher cost or a bit worse that I'm willing to accept at a lower cost, I'll head to both of those places, decide that I don't like what I see and head back to X to buy what I liked first of all.
    Last edited by Larkonis Trassler; July 8 2017 at 09:50:45 PM.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!


  12. #192
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Going clothes 'shopping' (ie browsing and tutting) with women.
    Man: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 12 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll get it, if not I'll try Y and Z in that order.
    Woman: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 3 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll head to Y and Z just to make sure there's nothing marginally better at a higher cost or a bit worse that I'm willing to accept at a lower cost, I'll head to both of those places, decide that I don't like what I see and head back to X to buy what I liked first of all.
    Let alone the fact it's 2017 and most clothes shopping can be done reliably onliné

  13. #193
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

    As a ten year retail manager it's one of the worst conversations you can ever have. No way to beat around the bush, you need to sit them down and tell them to wash and use proper antiperspirant.
    What did i ever do to you.

  14. #194
    Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Posts
    15,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Going clothes 'shopping' (ie browsing and tutting) with women.
    Man: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 12 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll get it, if not I'll try Y and Z in that order.
    Woman: I could do with a few new tops and some jeans, it's been less than 3 months since I did a big clothes shop so I'm pretty clued up on styles and prices, I've shopped in X before, their sizes fit me alright and I like their price point so I'll try there first and if I like what I see I'll head to Y and Z just to make sure there's nothing marginally better at a higher cost or a bit worse that I'm willing to accept at a lower cost, I'll head to both of those places, decide that I don't like what I see and head back to X to buy what I liked first of all.
    Let alone the fact it's 2017 and most clothes shopping can be done reliably onliné
    Leaving the house for shopping is good, have a wander, get a bite to eat.




    Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

  15. #195
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,485
    I got another one. People arguing with the pharmacy about their prescriptions. There's a bunch of laws governing what they can prescribe and making a fuss will never get you anywhere.

    How hard is it to call in and verify when your refill is going to be available?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #196
    Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7, 2012
    Posts
    20,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

    Neck yourself posthaste.

    Faggot.
    So tell me something already.

  17. #197
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,507
    Losing stuff I had in my hands 30 seconds ago turns me into a berserker

  18. #198
    Donor Aea's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    13,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Losing stuff I had in my hands 30 seconds ago turns me into a berserker
    Especially when you were just trying to rub one out.

    :P

      Spoiler:
    Pretty sure this makes no sense as a joke but fuck it.

  19. #199
    Armag3ddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,182
    Quote Originally Posted by spitroast View Post
    People asking me to do stuff for them... download this, burn that, fix this, install that. Fucks sake I HATE being computer literate.
    Start charging for your service and watch how quickly these people suddenly start using Google.

  20. #200
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,253
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Losing stuff I had in my hands 30 seconds ago turns me into a berserker
    Especially when you were just trying to rub one out.

    :P

      Spoiler:
    Pretty sure this makes no sense as a joke but fuck it.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •