hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1522232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 592

Thread: Venezuela Civil War - Undead Trotsky vs Team America: World Police

  1. #481
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Not like the US likes to send in weapons and other materiel in the guise of “humanitarian aid” or anything.
    It's not like petty warlords have a history of using food to control the proles either.
    meh

  2. #482
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    3,556
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Not like the US likes to send in weapons and other materiel in the guise of “humanitarian aid” or anything.
    It's not like petty warlords have a history of using food to control the proles either.
    That’s just supply and demand, dude. Why do you hate freedom?

    See also: why capitalism has never caused a famine, and no one has ever starved to death in a capitalist economy.

  3. #483
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Not like the US likes to send in weapons and other materiel in the guise of “humanitarian aid” or anything.
    It's not like petty warlords have a history of using food to control the proles either.
    That’s just supply and demand, dude. Why do you hate freedom?

    See also: why capitalism has never caused a famine, and no one has ever starved to death in a capitalist economy.
    meh

  4. #484
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    3,556
    That’s great, now take out China and India (which have socialist constitutions).

  5. #485
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    That’s great, now take out China and India (which have socialist constitutions).
    Both of whom have added to the total because of global trade.
    meh

  6. #486
    Banned
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    9,482
    And of course the media are lying again:

    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

  7. #487
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,543
    Reminds me of those glorious North Korean shops, full of produce and the same 6 people wandering up and down the otherwise deserted aisles.
    The end sums it up though. He can buy lots of stuff because he's got dollars, as the local currency has been devalued to worthlessness. I guess being a capitalist poverty tourist has it's perks!

  8. #488
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    7,852
    He has a second video showing state-subsidized markets.

  9. #489
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Bolivia has an interesting stake in this because they have managed to develop their economy while maintaining autonomy and making smart concessions in regards to trade which hasn't gutted their ability to say no to multinationals stealing national resources.

    They managed to avoid making all the mistakes Venezuela did over the past couple of decades.
    Bolivia is by far the poorest country in South america.
    Also they are nowhere near Venezuela (dont border it) so you probably have no clue what your talking about.

    GNB (National Bolivarian Guard) is probably called that because of the South american hero of liberation from colonial rule, Simón Bolívar.
    Their full name is "he Bolivarian National Guard of Venezuela (Spanish: Guardia Nacional Bolivariana de Venezuela - GNB)". So nothing to do with Bolivia.
    Doh, that'll teach me for posting semi-dazed after waking up from a nap on the train.

    Bolivia is one of the most successful developing countries of the past decade, poverty has declined by a quarter without the associated spike in inequality (which has decreased) usually seen in countries developing through western financialisation. So that part of my point still stands.

    Venezuela is still a basket case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  10. #490
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    13,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    To give some context, it was set up on fire by the GNB (National Bolivarian Guard) because they want to deceive the people that there is no humanitarian crisis when literally people is dying on the streets without food.

    Last few days multiple GNB soldiers have defected to the Colombian side because they cant keep following those orders.
    except there are literal videos of dumbfuck opposition protestors failing at throwing molotovs and that causing the fire.

    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  11. #491
    Levark's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26, 2011
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    To give some context, it was set up on fire by the GNB (National Bolivarian Guard) because they want to deceive the people that there is no humanitarian crisis when literally people is dying on the streets without food.

    Last few days multiple GNB soldiers have defected to the Colombian side because they cant keep following those orders.
    except there are literal videos of dumbfuck opposition protestors failing at throwing molotovs and that causing the fire.

    Same dumbfucks who try to save the cargo aid from being burned are being shot while at it.

    https://www.lapatilla.com/2019/02/25...n-la-frontera/

    Trust me when i tell you all the opposition wants is for those aid trucks to go into Venezuela.
    This is coming from a Venezuelan (me) who personally knows people that were on that bridge that day.

  12. #492
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,433
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    That’s great, now take out China and India (which have socialist constitutions).
    Both of whom have added to the total because of global trade.
    Their internal markets creating an entirely new middle class demographic completely skew global development stats. They make up almost the entire hump in the elephant chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  13. #493
    Kerdrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    897

  14. #494
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    I'm don't know if I learned what I should from this video.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

  15. #495
    Duckslayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23, 2017
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    I'm don't know if I learned what I should from this video.
    Now we know why levark's mates were on that bridge.

  16. #496
    מלך יהודים Zeekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    15,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    That’s great, now take out China and India (which have socialist constitutions).
    Both of whom have added to the total because of global trade.
    Their internal markets creating an entirely new middle class demographic completely skew global development stats. They make up almost the entire hump in the elephant chart.
    And your point here is what exactly? It doesnt count because its happening in the two most populous countries in the world? I really don't get it.


    

  17. #497
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

    And your point here is what exactly? It doesnt count because its happening in the two most populous countries in the world? I really don't get it.
    It doesn't count because the biggest change is coming from countries who have enough soft power to not be massively exploited by western finance capital. Most other developing countries get completely fucked by multinationals working in tandem with dodgy banking institutions but get hidden by rising giants in the statistics.

    It isn't the grace of western capital and market liberalism which is creating a new global middle class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  18. #498
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

    And your point here is what exactly? It doesnt count because its happening in the two most populous countries in the world? I really don't get it.
    It doesn't count because the biggest change is coming from countries who have enough soft power to not be massively exploited by western finance capital. Most other developing countries get completely fucked by multinationals working in tandem with dodgy banking institutions but get hidden by rising giants in the statistics.

    It isn't the grace of western capital and market liberalism which is creating a new global middle class.
    The figures don't agree with our narrative so it doesn't count!
    meh

  19. #499
    Kerdrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    I'm don't know if I learned what I should from this video.
    She says that a gas canister impacted on her chest but she's lucky it didn't explode because the cops were firing to "kill".

  20. #500
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    18,433
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post

    And your point here is what exactly? It doesnt count because its happening in the two most populous countries in the world? I really don't get it.
    It doesn't count because the biggest change is coming from countries who have enough soft power to not be massively exploited by western finance capital. Most other developing countries get completely fucked by multinationals working in tandem with dodgy banking institutions but get hidden by rising giants in the statistics.

    It isn't the grace of western capital and market liberalism which is creating a new global middle class.
    The figures don't agree with our narrative so it doesn't count!
    The ideology of the two countries which contribute the most to the figures doesn't fit your own narrative. Unless you are suddenly in favour of authoritarian socialism and central planning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •