hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Monster Hunter World

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Bought it, could not get it to run at 144 FPS without tearing even on my GSync monitor so had to lock it to 60 FPS.

Played Warframe instead all weekend.
    u fukkin wot.
    Tearing on gsync? Means it's not working.

Bought it, could not get it to run at 144 FPS without tearing even on my GSync monitor so had to lock it to 60 FPS.

lmao, are we really to this level of utter baby?

Alright.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post

u fukkin wot.
    Tearing on gsync? Means it's not working.
    There is currently a bugged flag on the newest Windows 10 update that disables Gsync in Windowed/Borderless Windowed mode, but it's inconsistent across GPUs/Drivers and Nvidia/Microsoft are still working on it. (best practice is to force Gsync ON and Vsync ON globally in the Nvidia Control Panel, disable Vsync ingame and limit FPS to 2-3FPS below your monitors max refresh rate and run the game in Exclusive Fullscreen)

Nvidia seem to be treating Gsync like they do SLI support, a red headed stepchild to be ignored when possible
    That said, expecting a AAA game to run at 144hz at launch is... optimistic, outside of competitive multiplayer titles

oh, to add: there are reports that downgrading your Nvidia drivers to 398.36 can net 20+ FPS gain, so try that if you're struggling. Alongside disabling Volume Rendering as mentioned above.
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; August 13 2018 at 02:16:32 PM.

Like... it's not exactly a bad looking game maxed out either, the nature scenes and atmosphere are p ridiculous. Only textures are kinda shitty and I hope they release some HD pack.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...ackup_monster/

Someone made a script to backup saves and make them tiny in case you run into any bugs including the one that can fuck up your save entirely after the "final" boss. Lul.

I'm sure there are some better or more elegant ways to back it up but if you're not one of our programmy dudes have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Someone made a script to backup saves and make them tiny in case you run into any bugs including the one that can fuck up your save entirely after the "final" boss. Lul.

I'm sure there are some better or more elegant ways to back it up but if you're not one of our programmy dudes have a look.
    will check that out

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by H3apz View Post

will check that out
    oh no, we have newbies

Quote Originally Posted by H3apz View Post

will check that out
    So whose alt are you?

Lmao. Fucking internet and people's "proof" of made up bugs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...reddit-android

Turns out the "corruption" bug at the end of the game was made up bullshit. Good thing it only, dunno, keeps getting talked about all the time and makes things look a lot worse than they are. Lol.

Eh? did we read the same post?

A hard crash because you're missing codecs might as well be a dead save if normies can't figure out how to fix it (and no, checking for janky codecs isn't normie tier troubleshooting)

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

A hard crash because you're missing codecs might as well be a dead save if normies can't figure out how to fix it (and no, checking for janky codecs isn't normie tier troubleshooting)
    It's still not a corrupted save. And it's down to the usual windows n nonsense which breaks a ton of shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

It's still not a corrupted save. And it's down to the usual windows n nonsense which breaks a ton of shit all the time.
    Fam, I have Windows N, if my game crashed after a cutscene and everytime I tried to boot afterwards, it's functionally a corrupt save

hell, replace "corrupt save" with "unfinishable game" and it doesn't sound any better, does it?

Except when it happens you can figure out what it is, fix it and get playing again. If said normie googles it and gets a proper solution vs the bullshit spread it's a massive difference.

Yes, it's effectively a bug, but of an entirely different type and the proper reason and solution should be spread not the previous bollocks.

Any updates on ultrawide patch? Have they patched technical issues people were complaining about?

Bought, Installed, Looks great, loving it.
    But.
    The only weapon i can get on with right now is the shortsword & shield
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Bought, Installed, Looks great, loving it.
    But.
    The only weapon i can get on with right now is the shortsword & shield
    Don't worry about the bit where it says it's for beginners, it's a great weapon.

Don't worry about the bit where it says it's for beginners, it's a great weapon.
    oki - twin daggers seem ok too with a mighty 3 hours experience.

Is it me or is the hit tracking all but non-existent so when you wind up a 2h and get nudged, it's floor pounding time ?

Is it me or is the hit tracking all but non-existent so when you wind up a 2h and get nudged, it's floor pounding time ?
    What do you mean by hit tracking? Not quite sure.

Getting nudged while doing anything will hit and move you unless you got some sort super armor on during certain animation.

[QUOTE=Isyel;1818834]
    My only other real experience with the 3rd person action adventure chop-em-ups are a few thousand hourts of Dark Souls where i am a total Lock-ON button mashing loser. I expected that after Locking onto a beastie the dude would at least make some effort to swing in the right direction.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Itiken;1818837]
    My only other real experience with the 3rd person action adventure chop-em-ups are a few thousand hourts of Dark Souls where i am a total Lock-ON button mashing loser. I expected that after Locking onto a beastie the dude would at least make some effort to swing in the right direction.
    Nope. No tracking (except for maybe bowguns, though I never investigated).

You get used to it.