hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World

Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    Nergigante down thanks to Lance master race.

Now to farm for literally 100s of hours...
    Naw, you won't have much left to do after 270ish hours, possibly quite less.

Faggot? Honestly, get a grip.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Spank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellin View Post
    Nergigante down thanks to Lance master race.

Now to farm for literally 100s of hours...
    Naw, you won't have much left to do after 270ish hours, possibly quite less.

Faggot? Honestly, get a grip.
    Lol

Game has been out for 21.5 days so far, we'll round up to 22 so this looks a little less pathetic.

270/22 = 12.27

Or

12h and 16m on average A DAY since it came out.

You've spent literally half of your hours on this planet in the past three weeks playing this game. I'm not even going to make any other rationalizations here, that fact alone stands by itself. Get a grip pal.

If I get 270 hours out of this I'll be very happy. I played MH4U for 1000+ hours though so I have high hopes.

If I get 270 hours out of this I'll be very happy. I played MH4U for 1000+ hours though so I have high hopes.
    Yeah but you won't do that in 12 weeks. :P

I'm at like 80, but I also have like, a family and a job, I put in 2-4 hours every other night or so.

70ish hours in here, been very enjoyable, quibbles and individual monsters i didnt enjoy aside, but now hitting the steep grind areas and i probably need a break. too many other games to play. Definitely great game though.

this thread though, damn it went places

I was wondering how one gets actual red rep bars on this forum, now I know I guess.

I really want this but have other things to complete first. I've loved all of the handheld releases since MH2 and they all warrant countless hours.

I don't think there is any sense in playing this game purely for completion. I play it because I enjoy the mechanics. It is the most hilariously grindy game I bother with but spending 50% of your day playing it for 3 weeks is tragic. Get a job.
      Spoiler:

(ಠ_ృ) ゛Lady Spank is the best。゛ ~ Xenuria (ಠ_ృ)

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    If somebody is complaining about a £50 game that they've spent 70+ hours on I generally consider them a moron tbh

Pounds per hour a burger is worse than almost every game I've played in the last 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    If somebody is complaining about a £50 game that they've spent 70+ hours on I generally consider them a moron tbh

Pounds per hour a burger is worse than almost every game I've played in the last 3 years
    This, I typically just relate it to a movie.

I usually go by £1 per hour and I'm happy as a rough rule of thumb.

I bought a PS4 Pro for this so I'm looking at 400 hours to break even

I usually go by £1 per hour and I'm happy as a rough rule of thumb.

I bought a PS4 Pro for this so I'm looking at 400 hours to break even
    Right?

520 at the end of it with PS+

I already had that for my old PS4, but you are right.

Don't care, game is still incredible. I'm HR 42 now after spending ages dicking around in low rank stuff with mates. Working up a few maxed weapons now. Charge Blade rapidly becoming my favourite, displacing Lance which I never thought would happen.

I already had that for my old PS4, but you are right.

Don't care, game is still incredible. I'm HR 42 now after spending ages dicking around in low rank stuff with mates. Working up a few maxed weapons now. Charge Blade rapidly becoming my favourite, displacing Lance which I never thought would happen.
    Yeah I finally got around to beating Xeno'Jiva this afternoon. Instant HR29 because I was dicking around for a while. Time to do the weeklies.

I'd discount the PS4 cost a bit as you can now also get plenty of other fucking great games too. Still game is great value.

So I've bitten, this game made me turn on my console first time since halo 5 came out.

I've never really been in to monster hunter so have literally fuckin no idea what i am doing ( and to boot, am old and slow ); using the insect blade thing right now, think i might swap to something less fiddly (certainly something where is note possible to accidentally vault off shit you don't mean to) least until i get a bit better. I need to train myself to be a bit more deliberate in the combat as sometimes i find myself mashing and that's not really the gig is it.

We got a 4k hdr TV last year, now i am doing man-maths in to a Xbox one x/Scorpio.... but its honestly its the only time i've turned the thing on since halo5 , I really shouldn't do that (so in 3, 2, 1)...

Having lots of fun, game is great. despite NFI what i am doing and it taking me like 4 hours of play time to get to rank 3.
    No-one to play with on the leper system though so trying to persuade a few mates.

The online seems a bit weird, i spent a bunch of times yesterday waiting for people to respond to my SOS thing, i like the structure, but seems like better with mates than randoms (the cause for most things, but i specifically mean the structure doesn't really force you together, more lets you co-ordinate if you want i guess).

@Tron, this is your fault. /grin
    Last edited by Trindermon; February 19 2018 at 06:13:49 AM.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

If you want a reliable all around weapon you can't go wrong with the longsword tbh. It's the most used weapon for a reason. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Trindermon View Post
    So I've bitten, this game made me turn on my console first time since halo 5 came out.

I've never really been in to monster hunter so have literally fuckin no idea what i am doing ( and to boot, am old and slow ); using the insect blade thing right now, think i might swap to something less fiddly (certainly something where is note possible to accidentally vault off shit you don't mean to) least until i get a bit better. I need to train myself to be a bit more deliberate in the combat as sometimes i find myself mashing and that's not really the gig is it.

We got a 4k hdr TV last year, now i am doing man-maths in to a Xbox one x/Scorpio.... but its honestly its the only time i've turned the thing on since halo5 , I really shouldn't do that (so in 3, 2, 1)...

Having lots of fun, game is great. despite NFI what i am doing and it taking me like 4 hours of play time to get to rank 3.
    No-one to play with on the leper system though so trying to persuade a few mates.

The online seems a bit weird, i spent a bunch of times yesterday waiting for people to respond to my SOS thing, i like the structure, but seems like better with mates than randoms (the cause for most things, but i specifically mean the structure doesn't really force you together, more lets you co-ordinate if you want i guess).

PS4 is global multiplayer, Xbox is region locked. This is your fault for buying that system

Echoing longsword, is it fun and got some nice changes this time around.

Hammer is also super simple to pick up.

PS4 is global multiplayer, Xbox is region locked. This is your fault for buying that system

Haha ;-) to be fair itís not hard getting in to a multiplayer game on the xbone so no complaints there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Haha ;-) to be fair it’s not hard getting in to a multiplayer game on the xbone so no complaints there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's definitely better with mates but the story missions are a bit derp to get going MP. Effectively oyu have to go through the cutscene before someone can join you. So if you're running with mates you gotta do cutscene, quit, join after they do theirs. It's all kinda clunky and I get the idea, forcing you to play the story semi-solo, but limiting options is annoying.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Mildly hype, assuming my PC doesn't implode when running it

Supposedly volumetric fog accounts for 30FPS~~ on high end systems, something to bear in mind.