hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Mildly hype.
    What was the console verdict around here?
    Some console friends enjoyed / stuck with it but the general feeling is that it looks cool, but the gameplay was a bit shallow/repetitive.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Mildly hype.
    What was the console verdict around here?
    Some console friends enjoyed / stuck with it but the general feeling is that it looks cool, but the gameplay was a bit shallow/repetitive.
    It's a monster hunter game, the formula has been tweaked and polished over the years but if the base gameplay loop of "find monster, hunt monster, make armor from monster, repeat" doesn't appeal to you then that's it.

Most people I know who had it on the PS4 agreed that it's an improvement for new players but some systems have been watered down a little.

The console version was excellent. The best game I have ever played on a console, as I do most of my gaming on the PC, and it was a really enjoyable experience. Meaningful engaging progression system, so even though it is grindy, it is a fun grind with a lot of satisfaction. Your progress through the difficulties of the various monsters is steady and seemless. I played ~600 hours before getting bored and moving on.

so, is he right ? is it worth picking up ?

and just how offensively japanese is it anyway ? it's got the usual fare of ridiculously sized weapons, but considering what you're chopping up it kind-of makes sense at least.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Go back and read the thread?

For the rest

PC port is p great tho, runs and looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Go back and read the thread?

For the rest

PC port is p great tho, runs and looks great.
    that requires work, and i am on holiday until the 3rd of September when university stars, plz do work 4 me.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Please page me when they add ultrawide support.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Please page me when they add ultrawide support.
    It's a capcom port, you're lucky they supported framerates higher than 30.

Still lloks like something right up my alley. I would love to try it out once they add it.

Still lloks like something right up my alley. I would love to try it out once they add it.
    Narrator: they did not add it

With that said, there's a guy who managed to get it working with a press release version of the game, but he hasn't gotten it to work in the retail version (Denuvo/Anticheat related?)

edit: scratch that, appears to work with some tinkering

https://steamcommunity.com/app/58201...4817434182398/

This will result in bans. I'll wait for official feature.

This will result in bans. I'll wait for official feature.
    FWIW Capcom have never banned people for modding afaik, and this will not* be implemented officially

*if it does I'll eat my squirtle plushie that I won at the fair today

This can be one of the most rage inducing games i played in a long time, on the other hand i am loving the game, first time on the MH franchise.

Steam reviews the usual shitshow of people crying about Denuvo, FPS and EULA's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Steam reviews the usual shitshow of people crying about Denuvo, FPS and EULA's ?
    Yes, along with some whinging about the game not supporting Intel Pentium CPUs or something hilarious

They've hit "mostly positive" now that the Chinese players have been diluted somewhat

whoah it's 50 quid.
    it can wait.

Game is great so far but there is some major port issues as the game seems unbelievably CPU intensive.

I have no issues myself with my i7 but my friends with older intels are reporting a lot of stuttering and crashes because the game is fucking their CPU's hard.

And when I casually glanced at my cpu load when we were talking about it yesterday my CPU was siting at 70% and rising with just idling in the hub area.

Quote Originally Posted by Armag3ddon View Post
    Game is great so far but there is some major port issues as the game seems unbelievably CPU intensive.

I have no issues myself with my i7 but my friends with older intels are reporting a lot of stuttering and crashes because the game is fucking their CPU's hard.

And when I casually glanced at my cpu load when we were talking about it yesterday my CPU was siting at 70% and rising with just idling in the hub area.
    Turn off Volumetric Fog/Volume Filtering or whatever it's called

edit: it has, however, been pulled from Tencent's Chinese launcher, so I'd expect some significant patches to happen soonish
    Last edited by XenosisMk4; August 13 2018 at 11:36:59 AM.

Bought it, could not get it to run at 144 FPS without tearing even on my GSync monitor so had to lock it to 60 FPS.

Played Warframe instead all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Bought it, could not get it to run at 144 FPS without tearing even on my GSync monitor so had to lock it to 60 FPS.

Played Warframe instead all weekend.
    u fukkin wot.