Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World

Waiting on the PCMR edition.

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    I'm playing meow.

Psn BLAH_Or_blah

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Waiting on the PCMR edition.

Hels, I'm still churning through single player to unlock high rank before doing too much mp. I'll add you tonight. Just cracked and upgraded to a PS Pro for 60fps...

Been playing about 20 hours, game is pretty good but not amazing tbh. Yes it's pretty and runs well, but the hitboxes are just a fucking embarrassment and 90% of the monsters I've met in my rush through of sp are pretty much the same + one gimmick. So far feels way too samey. The ones that aren't are just flying half the time making it just a chore to keep running after them across the whole map.

It's fun the first time you beat them but once you have to spend time chasing monsters about for your 4th kill to get that one item that is still missing it just makes me go meh.

That said it does satisfy a certain base acquisitive need and I do want to play more, but you know, I'm not *in love*

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; February 3 2018 at 07:03:56 AM.

Did you get to High Rank yet? Low rank is the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post
    I'm sorry, if a game gets boring before that i don't give a shit, especially if we're talking tens of hours to get to this mythical point when it becomes a different game entirely (somehow doubt that).

We'll see, it's pretty good so far, even great at times, but sure as hell not 'feeling' the amount of hype around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    I'm sorry, if a game gets boring before that i don't give a shit, especially if we're talking tens of hours to get to this mythical point when it becomes a different game entirely (somehow doubt that).

We'll see, it's pretty good so far, even great at times, but sure as hell not 'feeling' the amount of hype around it.

That's fair, I love the game so much that I let the series get away with a lot. Some people find low rank hard but if you are used to more difficult combat like in Dark Souls etc then it isn't really a challenge. High Rank also pales in comparison to G-Rank but that isn't in this game (yet?).

That's fair, I love the game so much that I let the series get away with a lot. Some people find low rank hard but if you are used to more difficult combat like in Dark Souls etc then it isn't really a challenge. High Rank also pales in comparison to G-Rank but that isn't in this game (yet?).
    The game is not hard at all as a dark souls player no, I just get pissed off if some aspect like hitboxes or shitty terrain messes it up. Thankfully it seems the issues I was having were limited to a few specific monsters and just some of their attacks so it's been fine since.

Reached high rank, from what I can see it's just mostly the exact same monsters with the exact same abilities just pumped up on hp and damage? Or do they add significant variety? I do like how you can customize armour more once you get the high rank stuff.

I wouldn't mind hunting some things together at some point btw, I heard the networking works Alright even on large distances so might be worth a try. Let me know.

And finally... Plunderblade is the most beautiful gift from God.

Last edited by Isyel; February 4 2018 at 09:26:00 PM.

be careful out there guys

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    >smite

guy deserved it for shit taste tbh

The game is not hard at all as a dark souls player no, I just get pissed off if some aspect like hitboxes or shitty terrain messes it up. Thankfully it seems the issues I was having were limited to a few specific monsters and just some of their attacks so it's been fine since.

Reached high rank, from what I can see it's just mostly the exact same monsters with the exact same abilities just pumped up on hp and damage? Or do they add significant variety? I do like how you can customize armour more once you get the high rank stuff.

I wouldn't mind hunting some things together at some point btw, I heard the networking works Alright even on large distances so might be worth a try. Let me know.

And finally... Plunderblade is the most beautiful gift from God.

High Rank has different varieties of monster (like Black Diablos, Pink Rathian etc.) but they are basically the same monsters with bigger numbers. Some of them might behave differently or be more aggressive.

I believe they are going to be adding monsters as (free) dlc. There are some great ones later on that you won't have seen in low rank.

PSN: SRTroN, ping me if you see me online and we'll hunt

I did meet at least one new one, bitch keeps butting into my baby high rank hunts. On the plus side due to the beauty that is the plunderblade i already got some bits off of it for my cat. :>

Plus i just got to the new zone, that's some crazy shit in there.

Dunkey video:

Definitely intriguing, just gotta' wait for the PC version.

I did meet at least one new one, bitch keeps butting into my baby high rank hunts. On the plus side due to the beauty that is the plunderblade i already got some bits off of it for my cat. :>

Plus i just got to the new zone, that's some crazy shit in there.
    There's more. Everything gets stronger, faster, and a few new tricks for each.

Your gear will compensate but HR is the real game. There's also other beasties that I won't spoil.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    be careful out there guys

lol
    meh

#4 game on twitch by viewership this week.

P. Stronk showing.
    meh

Is gut gaem yeah, also pretty fun to watch by all accounts.

It's a visual spectacle to be sure, but also good to just watch bad newbs fail miserably.

I binged on AdmiralBahroo while I was on the road and unable to play. Actually decent streamer, I enjoyed watching him do all the green horn things, playing the game how it's supposed to be.

I hate having to buy a new console for every monster hunter game. When it's this coming to PC?