hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter World

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdrak View Post
    I hate having to buy a new console for every monster hunter game. When it's this coming to PC?
    Autumn 2018, iirc

At least the devs were up front and said "yo we've literally never put this game on PC before so none of our tools help and we have no idea what we're doing pls be patient"

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    I hate having to buy a new console for every monster hunter game. When it's this coming to PC?
    Autumn 2018, iirc

At least the devs were up front and said "yo we've literally never put this game on PC before so none of our tools help and we have no idea what we're doing pls be patient"
    That's pretty fair tbh. Better than doing a terrible job at it.

Nergigante down thanks to Lance master race.

Now to farm for literally 100s of hours...

Quote Originally Posted by TroN View Post

Slicing ammo power here. :P

Right I think I probably need a break from this. Done the vaal hazak fight thing and if that's their idea of challenging high level content they can shove it somewhere. So fucking boring, just a massive, massive hp beating dummy with a gimmick half hp mechanic that you either nullify or easily keep chugging potions forever because he is a slow lumbering easy to dodge idiot. Legitimately made me angry at how bad a fight that is.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; February 10 2018 at 12:12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Slicing ammo power here. :P
    They just nerfed it

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ne.../1100-6456678/

Super Maderator DonorGlobal Moderator Hels's Avatar
    Right I think I probably need a break from this. Done the vaal hazak fight thing and if that's their idea of challenging high level content they can shove it somewhere. So fucking boring, just a massive, massive hp beating dummy with a gimmick half hp mechanic that you either nullify or easily keep chugging potions forever because he is a slow lumbering easy to dodge idiot. Legitimately made me angry at how bad a fight that is.

Have you seen any tempered monsters.

If you're telling me they're even bigger hp sponges for no good reason I'm going to say no thanks. *especially* not knowing I'd have to farm shit.

Gonna try the others to see if it's just that guy being a tedious shite but myeah.

Last edited by Isyel; February 10 2018 at 10:05:08 PM.

If you're telling me they're even bigger hp sponges for no good reason I'm going to say no thanks. *especially* not knowing I'd have to farm shit.

Gonna try the others to see if it's just that guy being a tedious shite but myeah.

I'm not saying that at all. Try one dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hels View Post

Well in that case expand on it next time. :P I'm going to try if i find one around.

But yeah I'm struggling to like the game still, i am really trying to but once it's a struggle to bring myself to like it i'm not sure what the point is anymore. Every time it does something cool anymore there are 2 annoying as fuck things that are starting to piss me off to no end.

The whole attitude of "oh just wait until x down the line, THAT is amazing!" is also infuriating beyond belief.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 10 2018 at 11:07:04 PM.

Well in that case expand on it next time. :P I'm going to try if i find one around.

But yeah I'm struggling to like the game still, i am really trying to but once it's a struggle to bring myself to like it i'm not sure what the point is anymore. Every time it does something cool anymore there are 2 annoying as fuck things that are starting to piss me off to no end.

The whole attitude of "oh just wait until x down the line, THAT is amazing!" is also infuriating beyond belief.
    I mean, your attitude in general is pretty shit so I don't know what you expect.

I'm still having fun. v0v

Well in that case expand on it next time. I'm going to try if i find one around.

I mean, your attitude in general is pretty shit so I don't know what you expect.

I'm still having fun. v0v
    Wow. Fucking seriously mate? Way to be a complete cunt about it.

For recap: game is good, even great, but I'm not too fond of what seems to be their idea of high end content, it doesn't grab me as much as the rest of the game. The grind seems to be a bit tedious instead of consistently fun. Doesn't mean I'll stop because it does have its amazing moments, even if they're mixed with frustration at some retarded bits. Does that make it clearer, or am I only allowed to say how amazing it is at any point?

Last edited by Isyel; February 11 2018 at 12:56:50 AM.

Autumn 2018, iirc

That's exactly what the DarkSouls devs said. Didn't stop 'theinternet' from having a shitfit when they released it though
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Autumn 2018, iirc

That's exactly what the DarkSouls devs said. Didn't stop 'theinternet' from having a shitfit when they released it though
    To be fair Dark Souls was in a pretty bad state. :P

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I'm kinda on the fence with this game, I've been watching streams and combat seems kinda... boring?

IDK the gameplay looks like it might scratch my Dragons Dogma itch with big monsters and knocking bits off to craft etc, but I can't get my head around the combat system enough

I'm kinda on the fence with this game, I've been watching streams and combat seems kinda... boring?

IDK the gameplay looks like it might scratch my Dragons Dogma itch with big monsters and knocking bits off to craft etc, but I can't get my head around the combat system enough
    What about it seems boring to you? Maybe can get into it a bit more. TBH it very much feels like Dragons Dogma, depending on the weapon you use. Less climbing though.

It *really* depends on the monster though, some are dull AF to fight but most are pretty great.

What about it seems boring to you? Maybe can get into it a bit more. TBH it very much feels like Dragons Dogma, depending on the weapon you use. Less climbing though.

It *really* depends on the monster though, some are dull AF to fight but most are pretty great.
    Dragon's Dogma wishes it was Monster Hunter, frankly. It's not quite something you can glean from watching though, it's definitely something you need to do and learn and experience.

For reasons i cant explain i though this was Ps4 only (with PC coming later) as such i've paid no attention to it - beyond thinking "bah, that looks cool". But its on Xbone so i might pick it up, i assume everyone here is playing on Ps4 , any Xbros playing out of interest?

Also, fuck console game prices lol.
    Dont dam me when i speak a piece of mind; cause silence isnt golden when i am holding it inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I always read your name as tinder-mom

Dragon's Dogma wishes it was Monster Hunter, frankly. It's not quite something you can glean from watching though, it's definitely something you need to do and learn and experience.
    Dragon's Dogma is an absolutely fucking brilliant game and the combat is fun, and except for the mounting very very similar in style, so I can easily see the comparison tbh. MH does have a lot more environmental interaction depending on the weapon though which is super cool. Dual sword sliding around and running up surfaces is 10/10.
    Last edited by Isyel; February 13 2018 at 11:12:29 AM.

Naw, you won't have much left to do after 270ish hours, possibly quite less.