hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gayming laptops 2017

Gayming laptops 2017

Mate is in need of a decent laptop, even though he will probably mostly play gwent on it.

What we settled on is definitely gtx1060 on top of i7 which just screams Lenovo y720 but he wants 17" and from what i found all of the big ones (Asus, HP and MSI) suck at build quality and cooling/noise.
    Last edited by RazoR; June 10 2017 at 07:56:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Mate is in need of a decent laptop, even though he will probably mostly play gwent on it.

What we settled on is definitely gtx1060 on top of i7 which just screams Lenovo y720 but he wants 17" and from what i found all of the big ones (Asus, HP and MSI) suck at build quality and cooling/noise.
    Can you get Sager behind the iron curtain? I know some places use them for QA machines as they ar4e reliable, and ppl say they are good. I used them when Alienware used to rebrand Sager before they were bought by Dell.

https://www.sagernotebook.com/home.php
    https://www.sagernotebook.com/17-Laptops/
    meh

I can concur heard good things about Sager, but seeing who the OP is all requirements are disregarded for the : https://www.razerzone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Can you get Sager behind the iron curtain? I know some places use them for QA machines as they ar4e reliable, and ppl say they are good. I used them when Alienware used to rebrand Sager before they were bought by Dell.

If we can get that NP9172 to russia under 2k bux that would be amazing but i highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    I can concur heard good things about Sager, but seeing who the OP is all requirements are disregarded for the : https://www.razerzone.com/
    what

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

If we can get that NP9172 to russia under 2k bux that would be amazing but i highly doubt it.
    Sager is the US brand for Clevo, you you can look for that too.

They seem to be having a bit of a laugh though.

http://clevo-europe.com/default_zone...r&FiltDisp17=y

I'm not really sure what shipping to Russia is like, or where you might find dealers. My experience in South Africa says its going to end up costing you a couple hundred bux at least, and probably more if you get insurance or something.
    meh

I think it's not time to dive that deep yet. Maybe if i were looking for a laptop for myself i'd go for the exotics.

Ok, so what about Acer Predator 17 (G5-793-72A7)?
    Might be a bit on the heavy side but we all know what that means. Ticks all the checkboxes: i7 7700HQ, 17.3", GTX1060. The review i read says nice things about the display, keyboard and cooling.
    Price is a bit north of the desired 1700 bux, sitting at 2k sharp, but i believe this behemoth can pull his weight for at least half a decade.

The other contenders are Asus GL702VM, MSI GS73VR and HP Omen 17. First two are way too light to be reliably cooled and the latter is lolHP.
    Also, we are talking russia here, so some degree of ruggedness is expected.
    Last edited by RazoR; June 11 2017 at 04:17:03 AM.

I think it's not time to dive that deep yet. Maybe if i were looking for a laptop for myself i'd go for the exotics.

Might be a bit on the heavy side but we all know what that means. Ticks all the checkboxes: i7 7700HQ, 17.3", GTX1060. The review i read says nice things about the display, keyboard and cooling.
    Price is a bit north of the desired 1700 bux, sitting at 2k sharp, but i believe this behemoth can pull his weight for at least half a decade.

The other contenders are Asus GL702VM, MSI GS73VR and HP Omen 17. First two are way too light to be reliably cooled and the latter is lolHP.
    I dont know a single happy owner of a 17'' laptop. Im gonna ask the obvious question: can't he just get a 15 inch one, save up some cash and get himself a 22-25' monitor to hook up to his laptop? Its a no brainer IMO
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

I haven't personally used any Omen stuff yet, so I'm not vouching for it, but I will vouch for HP business stuff. Its very well engineered.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    I dont know a single happy owner of a 17'' laptop. Im gonna ask the obvious question: can't he just get a 15 inch one, save up some cash and get himself a 22-25' monitor to hook up to his laptop? Its a no brainer IMO
    Short answer? No.
    What's wrong with 17" laptops? I have one as the kitchen PC. Granted, it's a 8 year old Thinkpad but it handles everything that's asked of it.

Also, he now wants Alienware with 1070. Not gonna help this retard anymore.

What's wrong with 17" laptops?
    They are huge, hard to move around, heavy and easier to wreck (drop / warp / whatever). And as you said the choice is limited. And if he wants to play his gayems on a big screen he can actually do so by buying an external monitor. The difference between 15 and 17 inch is really small and unless he wants to go 1440p, he can find a decent monitor for under 200 Eur.

Also, he now wants Alienware with 1070. Not gonna help this retard anymore.
    oh okay
    Last edited by Tyrehl; June 12 2017 at 05:38:06 AM.
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    What's wrong with 17" laptops?
    They are huge, hard to move around, heavy and easier to wreck (drop / warp / whatever).
    Eh, i have a 17" 8 year old Thinkpad for the kitchen PC and i can imagine myself easily taking it wherever.

I had an Acer once, will never buy one again. The hardware is OK, but driver supply and support were terrible:

- It shipped without a software RAID driver, because a time of release, the driver wasn't available yet, although they advertized it as a RAID machine.
    - Not once in the whole time I used it (~ 5 years] has Acer provided an update to any driver, so I had to hunt down the driver myself from the manufacturers and prey that they work with the machine.
    - Sent it in for a warranty repair and didn't hear a. single. word. from them for 6 weeks. No "we've received your hardware", no "we're looking into it". Even when I sent (two) emails asking what the curret state of affairs is, they remained silent.

And that was their top end product at the time, ~ 2.500 EUR. For that money, I expect a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I had an Acer once, will never buy one again. The hardware is OK, but driver supply and support were terrible:

- It shipped without a software RAID driver, because a time of release, the driver wasn't available yet, although they advertized it as a RAID machine.
    - Not once in the whole time I used it (~ 5 years] has Acer provided an update to any driver, so I had to hunt down the driver myself from the manufacturers and prey that they work with the machine.
    - Sent it in for a warranty repair and didn't hear a. single. word. from them for 6 weeks. No "we've received your hardware", no "we're looking into it". Even when I sent (two) emails asking what the curret state of affairs is, they remained silent.

And that was their top end product at the time, ~ 2.500 EUR. For that money, I expect a bit more.
    Also gotta add this: every person I know who have owned an Acer has had issues with overheating. No matter if 15 or 17 inch.

Acer are shit, Asus are p. Good

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

but but
    The review i read says nice things about the display, keyboard and cooling.

Reviews seldom have to deal with service issues. They test new hardware when it comes out, drivers are OK then, but a couple of years later, you'd want some updated drivers (GFX mostly, but WiFi/NIC or USB also). And if the machine'sbroken, the manufactirer makes sure that they get a replacement promptly. Whereas we mortal customers have to fight the support horrors when actually using it on a daily basis for more than 1 week of test drives/benchmarks.

I picked up a Asus ROG/GL752V Gaming Laptop 960m gtx/17.1/i5 6300HQ/8GB Ram a few weeks back and find it to be most excellent.

I wasn't sure about ordering an Asus product but it's well built and i've have zero problems with it.

My super thin gaming MSI has been great to me, only problems i have i could trace straight back to me being a fuckwit with it, but the material they use is fairly delicate and takes fingerprints like a demented policeman on coke. Not sure if they changed it in the last 2 years though.

ASUS are pretty good too.

Steelseries keyboard on the MSI is godly though, i want a low profile gaming keyboard for my regular pc now but haven't been able to acquire one in Korea.

Then again i got it for like 30% off with slightly lower end components in the super high end case with the fancy screen so i was happy for the price i paid.
    Last edited by Isyel; June 14 2017 at 05:16:10 PM.

what
    He meant the Razer Blade. Tbh it's the one I'd buy out of all the shit that's currently sporting Windows.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    what
    He meant the Razer Blade. Tbh it's the one I'd buy out of all the shit that's currently sporting Windows.
    If one has the money it's not a question at all tbh, Razer's almost surely going to be the best choice for a gaming laptop if you actually want to carry one around.