hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: perpetuum online info thread

Alpha-1 islands (Easiest, no non-consensual pvp): Daoden, Attalica, New Virginia
    Alpha-2 islands (Harder NPCs, no non-consensual pvp): Shinjalar, Tellesis, Hershfield
    Beta islands (0.0): Hokkogaros, Kentagura, Domhalarn, Novastrov, Norhoop, Alsbale
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Aypse View Post
    Alpha-1 islands (Easiest, no non-consensual pvp): Daoden, Attalica, New Virginia
    Alpha-2 islands (Harder NPCs, no non-consensual pvp): Shinjalar, Tellesis, Hershfield
    Beta islands (0.0): Hokkogaros, Kentagura, Domhalarn, Novastrov, Norhoop, Alsbale
    For info Hokkogaros, Domhalarn and Norhoop were the original beta islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aypse View Post
    Also you can work out the alpha and beta sites from the map.. Beta sites have the yellow lines above and below the name denoting PvP flagged.. This is the same graphic you get on alpha islands when someone turns on the PvP flag (ie, a yellow line above and below their name). Alpha-1 islands are the 3 inside islands, alpha-2 would be the others.. I highly doubt they will be introducing any more alpha islands in the future (I wouldn't, 6 is plenty).

Also, completely off topic.. Observers are FUCKING HARD to kill and hit like a train.. Even the assault one (the lowest one you can get) almost killed my in a mech.. And I needed help to break his tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Also, completely off topic.. Observers are FUCKING HARD to kill and hit like a train.. Even the assault one (the lowest one you can get) almost killed my in a mech.. And I needed help to break his tank.
    I tickled an Artemis observer a little while back and in much less than 10 seconds my triple hardened Artemis was at 50% accu and 50% armour, only the fact that I had planned well in advance my escape route (lots of plants and walls and an easy route for me but not for him) allowed me to get out at all.

I highly doubt they will be introducing any more alpha islands in the future (I wouldn't, 6 is plenty).
    If they add another class of bot (medium guns on mechs does mean something should be bigger) They will probably add 3 alpha's and 3 betas.

Right now (and this is guestimate, there are good hidden t4/5 spawns on all the islands I've looked hard enough)
    Alpha 1 goes up to tier 3 lights, tier 3 assaults, tier 1 mech's
    alpha 2 goes tier 3 light 3 assault 3 mech 3 heavy

Beta 1's have 4/5 mechs and assaults
    beta 2's have 4/5 mechs and heavies

Another thing to note is the strength of observers(possibly chance to spawn?) and station services vary with the island tier.
    Beta's do not have titan ore (it was removed if you have a map that argues with that) and plant spawns have double the size cap(100 instead of 50).
    alpha's do not have epitron
    Last edited by Gix Tyrionn; July 20 2011 at 02:41:51 AM.

Something I would like answered... Are artifact spawn sites global or unique to me? And when I say sites im talking about the signals before they are found.. If they are unique to me how long does it take before they de-spawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Something I would like answered... Are artifact spawn sites global or unique to me? And when I say sites im talking about the signals before they are found.. If they are unique to me how long does it take before they de-spawn?
    From what I have heard.

Artifact signals are unique to you. They never despawn unless A.) you discover one or B.) the server restarts.